• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

06-760691_0x420.jpg

I wonder if this influenced King Mabel's attire?

Sephzilla

Does anyone actually believe the "ratings dont matter" bit?

WWE is lucky as fuck that USA hasn't really been able to find a new hit series

Caderfix

That's impossible, honestly. It can be said that ratings are not everything, but saying it doesn't matter is ridiculous. Even if it wasn't the source of most of the money, it'd still be very important.

ReiGun

You hear some tell it, any metric that makes the WWE look bad doesn't matter.

Declining ratings? Doesn't matter; at least someone's watching.

Declining live attendance? Doesn't matter; smarks still here.

Network subs still not where the company wants them? Doesn't matter; as long as someone's paying that 9.99 (ignore how many subs they give away)

Merch not moving for most of the roster? Doesn't matter long as Cena and The Big Dog are moving that product.

The company has reached "too big to fail" status, so people brush off these glaring warning signs.

Trump getting that Xpac heat in the polls.

The ultimate endpoint of the "ratings don't matter" argument is that the show could be watched by 0 people and it would still be a sign of healthy business. Which is obviously insane.

So yes, anyone seriously using that argument should be mocked endlessly.

Why waste so much time talking about ratings when they are meaningless?

The actual discussion that should be happening/made whenever the subject comes up is how the optimists saying "it doesn't matter, the audience is still there And growing" are incorrect, Network numbers haven't grown substantially in place of the ratings falling, nobody's watching archives, and live show attendance is down. When you see audiences leave, a significant portion of them are leaving for good. Eventually, you can't ignore that. And they've put themselves in a single room with no other doors to escape from, so the time they have to keep ignoring the situation is very limited.

They were disappointed by their last TV deal, and they'll be disappointed by their next. When that next disappointment comes, they won't be able to ignore it any longer. One is a mistake or miscalculation on someone else's part, but a trend is absolutely their own fuck up. The only question is how they respond to it, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a big roster purge because this 13+ hours of weekly content thing they're doing right now? It is going to be seen as one of the biggest/easiest things to gut right out of the gate.

USA has garbage television. Best basic cable company in terms of original programming right now is FX. Legion, Taboo, AHS, ACS. I've heard The Americans is great but I've never watched it.

lol like I'm gonna trust guy named Smallman

Who put Bronson in charge of a wrestling company, fess up

I am Punk Rock

spit my drink lol

You gonna spit blood after my right hook

The quality of their shows was on a slow decline since Monk ended

Suits is still a thing, but yeah, that's it.

And the Psych movie.

Monk was gud and Suits is still around but yah they fucked up by betting on stuff like Mr. Robot (which I love but it's super dark)

Sephzilla

Man, I tried to get into Mr Robot but I just couldn't get hooked. It also doesn't help I don't have time for another show since I'm trying to catch up on Arrowverse stuff plus watch Penny Dreadfull

cr0w

Old Member
I can't wait for the day when Chrisley Knows Best beats WWE in the ratings. It's looking like more and more of a possibility.

Sephzilla

I can't wait for the day when Chrisley Knows Best beats WWE in the ratings. It's looking like more and more of a possibility.

Wait until football season starts. That time period when the World Series is going on plus Monday Night Football happening is going to be brutal.

The question is whether or not Raw breaks the 1s

Beefy

Man, I tried to get into Mr Robot but I just couldn't get hooked. It also doesn't help I don't have time for another show since I'm trying to catch up on Arrowverse stuff plus watch Penny Dreadfull

The narrator is too monotone and he sounds bored.

Same reasons I never became a fan of Emma

First season is alright, second season is boring and yeah the main dude has a boring voice.

Top Bottom