• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

RBH

8UvWIxm.png

6qNNsr4.jpg

I never actually got to play that TNA game, only had a PS2 at the time and that version looked kind of shit. I'm sure it's not great but still, crazy that thing existed.

The chosen one is back :swoon

I never actually got to play that TNA game, only had a PS2 at the time and that version looked kind of shit. I'm sure it's not great but still, crazy that thing existed.

The actual gameplay sucked. The Ultimate X match wasn't even fun

But yeah, graphically shit was impressive for that time, and even today still stands out. Credit where it's due, when they got absolutely nothing else right, they were able to get their only console release to look better than the leader of the industry's games have been at that time and ever since.

A simple thing such as throwing someone through the ropes and Enzo somehow fucks it up. Its shit that he hurt himself but it's all on him being a shit wrestler

Where is the gif that has Enzo fucking up something and Cesaro just looking pissed

Edit: Here it is, missing Cesaro's reaction after, but YIKES

tumblr_old9qby9Ay1s05wxzo1_400.gif

Ithil

Where is the gif that has Enzo fucking up something and Cesaro just looking pissed

Things like these are where his lack of instincts show most. If he fucked up the jump over the rope, he should have just done something like fall down and roll under the ropes. Instead he just does it again and makes it look so very fake.

Damn, Cesaro was able to be in a feud and/or partnership with Sheamus da gawd for 2 years and never once showed the level of contempt he had being in the same ring with Enzo da shit just once. Honestly impressive

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Why does WCW still have the over the top rope DQ's in 1996?

They were still transitioning from the Bill Watts shit

prior to that top rope moves used to be banned. and everyone complains about it being bad but rick rude got suspended by jim herd for doing a top rope knee drop and that only made rick rude seem way more fucking savage

Lyng

Things like these are where his lack of instincts show most. If he fucked up the jump over the rope, he should have just done something like fall down and roll under the ropes. Instead he just does it again and makes it look so very fake.

Personally I think they should simply make Enzo the manager of Big Cass.

Decided to watch the Raw immediately following Mania 14 good lord is the crowd LOUD and hot for Austin at the beginning. I tried finding a clip online some where but the ones I found on YouTube were pretty bad.

Also never realized they made Marc Mero look like Savage with the glasses and head cover.

Edit: This isn't great quality but it gets the point across http://dai.ly/xfc49t?start=144

Enzo is such a terrible advert for the performance centre, at the very least a good school with WWE's resources should be able to churn out fundamentally sound trainees with ease. Dude looks like one of those backyarders who get booked for a hotdog and $5 on a IWA-MS try-out show, then gets publicly berated by Ian post-match for being so shit.

What a feat! It's not like he had insanely vast resources at his disposal or anything, just good ol' Hunter showing them darn nickel and dime indies how to properly conduct business!

Except you completely ignored the sentence immediately after where I point out that yes, while you can excuse away a lot of it by saying "oh, he just has more money than those guys", you still have to acknowledge that he took those guys and put them in positions to succeed and thrive with good booking and presentation.

I mean if money alone was enough to make a brand successful, WWE would be doing way better.

Enzo is such a terrible advert for the performance centre, at the very least a good school with WWE's resources should be able to churn out fundamentally sound trainees with ease. Dude looks like one of those backyarders who get booked for a hotdog and $5 on a IWA-MS try-out show, then gets publicly berated by Ian post-match for being so shit.
I'm still holding the belief that Enzo was taught the most basic stuff about wrestling and then sent out to debut on NXT. He got hired for his mic work, that was always the strength they were going to use for him.

Kornflayx

I'm still holding the belief that Enzo was taught the most basic stuff about wrestling and then sent out to debut on NXT. He got hired for his mic work, that was always the strength they were going to use for him.

This all wouldn't be a problem if WWE knew that managers are a thing that exists

Except you completely ignored the sentence immediately after where I point out that yes, while you can excuse away a lot of it by saying "oh, he just has more money than those guys", you still have to acknowledge that he took those guys and put them in positions to succeed and thrive with good booking and presentation.

He took dudes he already knew to be a big success elsewhere and made a success out of them on NXT with Wrestling Booking 101 and infinitely more resources at his disposal. Forgive me for not being all that impressed.

When he was on Austin's podcast he said as much. He was only there for like 3 weeks and they needed someone to be a throwaway match so someone, maybe Dusty?, pushed for him to be used.

He took dudes he already knew to be a big success elsewhere and made a success out of them on NXT with Wrestling Booking 101 and infinitely more resources at his disposal. Forgive me for not being all that impressed.

So we're just going to ignore all the work he did with the women?

It's not like Charlotte or Sasha or Bayley were main eventing indies when they were signed.

Same goes for tag team guys like American Alpha and The Revival. They weren't nothing, but they weren't stars by any measure.

When he was on Austin's podcast he said as much. He was only there for like 3 weeks and they needed someone to be a throwaway match so someone, maybe Dusty?, pushed for him to be used.
holy shit, three weeks?

This all wouldn't be a problem if WWE knew that managers are a thing that exists
Well, Enzo probably wanted to wrestle. The real problem is that it seems to be a thing that in the PC, there's very little people who come out from it being good wrestlers.

Top Bottom