• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

tumblr_optin3oS8R1rumiojo1_500.gif
What does he have against the Revival?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
the elite and bullet club are the same thing

njpw/bucks/whoever thought it would make a difference in the factions but it doesnt because they dont act any different and they still all hang out. theyre dumb af

The Elite are just a way for the Bucks & Omega to sell their own merch without NJPW getting a cut.

That being said, I really like the idea of the OG Bullet Club (Tama & Fale) eventually turning on The Elite. Probably after Kenny has a disappointingly short IWGP reign, then you think the Bucks will fire him from Bullet Club (just as they fired everyone else) only for Fale, Tama & co. to fire The Elite.

Yep, it dates back to the origins of wrestling in Japan - Rikidozan had to go to the US to learn his craft, then brought it back to Japan. When he trained Baba and Inoki, he sent them to the US as well and when Baba and Inoki started AJPW and NJPW they both continued sending trainees abroad.

Students usually have 3-4 years in the dojo before being sent out on excursion. When they return, they're finally allowed a gimmick and a character. Traditionally, big guys would be sent to the US or continental Europe (back when the Catch Wrestling Association was still a thing), while smaller wrestlers would be sent to the UK, Mexico or Canada.

Is this how we ended up with Taka, Ultimo, Bull Nakano, etc in the 90s or were those outright signings by WWE/WCW?

If she signs then NXT women's roster will be really stacked with all these new women that signed reporting and the debuts of upcoming talent like Lacey Evans, Bianca, Daria, Mandy and Dobson.

If I was betting right now, I'd say she won't sign. Just the read I'm getting from the situation. Which is fine, because I think they will have a bunch of talented women signed after the tournament.

Even if Toni Storm isn't in the tournament, I expect she'll be in NXT within the next year or so.

So Cole at Takeover in the crowd?

I don't think so. WWE has that whole C&D thing with Sinclair that has scared them off signing ROH guys so fast recently. I think Kyle is much more likely. I'd expect to see Cole more around Brooklyn.

Is this how we ended up with Taka, Ultimo, Bull Nakano, etc in the 90s or were those outright signings by WWE/WCW?

Nah, WWE signed TAKA (part of the deal saw Undertaker wrestle Hakushi in Michinoku Pro for their 4th anniversary show). Bull went freelance from AJW in '93, so she was able to take bookings elsewhere (she'd actually already wrestled a couple of times in WWF during the 80's, no idea what brought that about though). Ultimo was because WCW and NJPW had a working agreement, which is why you saw so many WCW stars in Japan in the 90's and vice versa.

During the early 90's the Japanese promotions mainly sent trainees to Europe instead of the US, as Vince killing the territories had really limited the number of places they could work and he wasn't interested in exchanging talent like WCW was.

remember when kazarian joined bullet club

because that happened like a month ago and no one remembers

No one remembers because it was an ROH show without NJPW.

Also, not canon until it happens in New Japan :p

MG310

Colton Adams Baybay doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

Not that the Adam Cole Baybay thing was that good to begin with

Apparently NJPW really wants Adam Cole, but it's just not going to happen. He wants to go to WWE and WWE has wanted him very badly for two years at this point. I don't think he's officially signed with them yet or anything, but at this point it's a foregone conclusion.

MG310

I'd be very curious to see what they do with Kyle O'Reilly as he kinda occupies the same space as Oney Lorcan who is on the show a lot but not actually getting any storylines.

Top Bottom