• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

Vader_boy_meets_world.png

VA'DAH

Tanahashi vs Reigns

The Big Dog vs The Big Dawg

Once in a Lifetime

Never Before, Never Again

The Ultimate Thrill Ride

"Tana, everyone knows I lava good fight, and at Great Balls of Fire, you and your grapes are going to meet your match when I kick your ash. OOOOOOOOOOO"

Man I'm out of the loop. When did Ishikawa start making moves in AJPW?

He returned at the end of last December and has been booked strongly since, winning the Champions Carnival last month to challenge Kento.

If Kento beats Shuji he'll be in the top 4 longest reigns, with only Misawa, Kawada & Kojima ahead of him. He's already joint 3rd with Misawa for most defences and has the 2nd longest first-time reign behind Kojima.

Are we expecting any outsiders in the G1? The NOAH guys added a lot last year. Would be cool if they got some All Japan or BJW guys in

I'm not getting my hopes up, tbh - I think we'll probably see some European guys in the G1 (they need to get WALTER, ffs), maybe one or two from CMLL. Also, remember with Suzuki-gun being back MiSu, DBS Jr. and ZSJ will likely be in it this year.

https://youtu.be/N1EjA_css0s

The best story in wrestling today got its big payoff...

This is how you tell a story on youtube...

Well done Bucks...

Marty Scurll will rep Bullet Club at Best of Super Juniors!!! I liked Marty before but man his work on The Elite youtube show made him one of my favs in wrestling right now. Picture perfect execution of the Adam Cole story that basically actually started at that NJPW show where he interrupted Kenny's This Year is my Year promo

Also lol Bucks camera guys got a better shot of it all than the ROH cameras did. Much better visual composition on the big reveal
Agreed it was really enjoyable watching it unfold. I enjoyed Marty taking all the sympathy for him and then psych, he was in on it.

PROGRESS Manchester spoilers:
#CCK showed up (Brookes and Lykos) to run off British Strong Style at the end of the show and the place lost their shit from what I hear.

Zach

Hahaha. The Miz is WWE Champion.

(He's actually not bad in 2010. Like, he's evolved from WWE's David Arquette into someone I can accept as a wrestler. But top guy? To quote The Miz: Really?)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I finshed Ultima Lucha Dos.

It's pretty good, with my only major gripe being putting the main event in the middle of the show.

Will watch season 3 if it ever hits Netflix.

I'm not getting my hopes up, tbh - I think we'll probably see some European guys in the G1 (they need to get WALTER, ffs), maybe one or two from CMLL. Also, remember with Suzuki-gun being back MiSu, DBS Jr. and ZSJ will likely be in it this year.

Let's pencil these guys in:
Okada
Ishii
Fale
Tanahashi
Naito
SANADA
EVIL
Omega
Tama Tonga
Yano
Suzuki
Davey Boy Smith
Goto
Elgin

That gets us to 14, which leaves maybe 6 in the air.

From their roster, I'd guess these additions:
Juice Robinson
Kojima
Nagata
Yoshi-Hashi
Yujiro to eat some pins

That leaves one wildcard spot.

Would Sabre basically abandon Evolve that stretch, or will he have lost he title by then?

Do Jado and Gedo even know of WALTER?

Given that Big Japan is closer to All Japan than New Japan, I'd be shocked if Sekimoto or Ishikawa gets booked.

Last spot probably goes to Tanga Roa or something, unfortunately.

Let's pencil these guys in:
Okada
Ishii
Fale
Tanahashi
Naito
SANADA
EVIL
Omega
Tama Tonga
Yano
Suzuki
Davey Boy Smith
Goto
Elgin

That gets us to 14, which leaves maybe 6 in the air.

From their roster, I'd guess these additions:
Juice Robinson
Kojima
Nagata
Yoshi-Hashi
Yujiro to eat some pins

That leaves one wildcard spot.

Would Sabre basically abandon Evolve that stretch, or will he have lost he title by then?

Do Jado and Gedo even know of WALTER?

Given that Big Japan is closer to All Japan than New Japan, I'd be shocked if Sekimoto or Ishikawa gets booked.

Last spot probably goes to Tanga Roa or something, unfortunately.

Cody and another ROH guy(lethal?)

Cody and another ROH guy(lethal?)

I could see a Ray Rowe be the outside shot, but Lethal stunk in his NJPW matches. Cody's got enough other random indie stuff that he runs into the same problem as Sabre. Plus, you have other folks ready to give 2.5*-3* specials on the roster. Why book a guy as expensive as Cody in that case?

Top Bottom