• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

klonere

Banned
Cody can't even win the ROH World Title which is on the level of the Jr. Tag Titles in NJPW.`

Besides he's there like once every 3 months or whatever.

Hey ZACH

What grade did you give Beach Bash 92, or whatever PPV I watched? I was curious how my grade compared to yours. Also forgot if you reviewed each match or not.
My familiarity with him was mostly from the outside and 2015/6 on. So Prior to that match I just loathed him because I thought he was a dumb gimmick and hated it. After that match I had new found appreciation for him and have no enjoyed him in the ring.

Outside of a handful of matches, Sheamus is probably one of the most reliable WWE guys in terms of having a good to great match with just about anyone.

somedevil

Oh Randy:

C_0yOT_XYAAwQUU.jpg

https://twitter.com/RandyOrton/status/863901935107223552

I thought that Big Show/Sheamus match was quite well remembered for being so much better than it had any right to be.

Just watched Cena bury Barrett with chairs. This whole Nexus angle... man... strange.

2010 in the books!!

I hope you enjoyed the glorious reign of Kane despite its crummy ending...and matches, one day I wish to mark out as much as I did back then when he cashed in on Mysterio and went on to murk Taker for four straight ppvs.

Zach

Can I make a special, non PPV request, for you to watch the Dec 24, 2012 RAW? It's absolute gem of a RAW

I'd do that, sure. But I don't know if I'll remember by the time I get to it in the chrono-watch. Which is the only way I'll do it!

I dunno. I'll try to remember. I'm starting 2012 tonight or tomorrow.

Zach

Hey ZACH

What grade did you give Beach Bash 92, or whatever PPV I watched? I was curious how my grade compared to yours. Also forgot if you reviewed each match or not.

I usually just chat about stuff while it's happening and then post a final grade at the end. I gave Beach Blast '92 a B+, which was the highest grade I ever gave. Not that it was the only B+. There were like 10 or more. I'd check but I have too many posts to respond to. >_>

Yeah, I'll definitely watch this.

I hope you enjoyed the glorious reign of Kane despite its crummy ending...and matches, one day I wish to mark out as much as I did back then when he cashed in on Mysterio and went on to murk Taker for four straight ppvs.

Sorry, pal. I fast-forwarded through much of it. It's just not my cup of tea.

Ill try to keep up with your chrono and remind you.

My man.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I may have the chance to go to one event in Chicago this weekend.

Should I go to NXT Takeover or Backlash?

On one hand, you get to see Styles, Owens, & Nakamura. On the other hand, NXT seems like the safer bet for a great show and there's no Jinder.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I may have the chance to go to one event in Chicago this weekend.

Should I go to NXT Takeover or Backlash?

I'd go to Backlash for Styles vs. Owens, Nakamura vs. Ziggler and Breezango vs. Usos, but Takeovers are almost always great so that might be a safer bet.

shaowebb

J5YFxmP.gif

Shibata...man could he just badass his way out of any move. He is like "hard ass" personified. The embodiment of ass whoopin.

klonere

Banned
I actually think I've seen more shoot headbutts in Japanese matches since the Shibata thing happened than before it.

Japan is fucking insane.

shaowebb

I actually think I've seen more shoot headbutts in Japanese matches since the Shibata thing happened than before it.

Japan is fucking insane.

Agreed. They are entertaining but my god they cannot be good for anyones career. Japan is fueled by shoot striking in matches. Forearms, headbutts, boots, backfists, hell theres even closed fist punches occassionally.

They tend to man up and toughman spot with brawlout back and forth striker spots in many matches now. I love it. Hell I used to do it with chops or forearms even as a dumbass early 2000's dude training for indys, but in actuality its not the greatest thing for your career. Plan on bein around half as long as other guys if you go striker. Blood clots, and internal bleeding happen more easily the more you put yourself through these things. Lots of guys used to get blood in their eyes or have trouble with their hearing from striker fest styles. Doubt that changed any.

Still gonna miss Shibata...none of those guys get to last though. I often braced for news of Shinsuke in japan blowing out one day due to his style promoting folks to strong style back at him.

Lyng

The big boy world where a fridge falls on him and a part timer bludgeons him into a concussion.

That house of horrors match was exactly as ridiculous as it needed to be. I laughed so hard.

And sometimes people need to just take a joke. Bubba Ray's picture had a funny look to it and Randy made a drunken joke about it. Why is that so bad?

The only thing that annoys me, is that Randy doesn't get to be this smarky prick in the ring anymore.

Pikma

Banned

Japan is fucking insane.
Yet some people here said we should have kept shaming Shibata for doing that spot, because that supposedly would help create awareness in Japan. Yeah, sure

Also

C_0LvjrXcAU5ovM.jpg

Poor NOAH

Foggy

That house of horrors match was exactly as ridiculous as it needed to be. I laughed so hard.

And sometimes people need to just take a joke. Bubba Ray's picture had a funny look to it and Randy made a drunken joke about it. Why is that so bad?

The only thing that annoys me, is that Randy doesn't get to be this smarky prick in the ring anymore.

It's not bad at all, just that one good turn deserves another. Besides most flippy dippy dudes seemed to have a sense of humor about it. As for the flippy marks? Shit, it's the internet.

Top Bottom