• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

Sephzilla

"Its still sold out" isn't really a super viable argument since Nintendo under manufactures everything though.

It's also only still sold out in the US

Marvel

could never
I think Sami could do Heel, he is charasmatic. Look at his stupid goofy backstage skits they are doing with him, I don't like it but it's convincing. Also when he got so angry with Mick on Raw with Eva Marie draft threat lol. Not to mention slapping the piss out of Neville way back on NXT.

Could be great for him.

Cena-Cesaro.gif

Cena's hurricanrana is such trash.

"Its still sold out" isn't really a super viable argument since Nintendo under manufactures everything though.

It's also only still sold out in the US

it's crazy to me you are hung up over a browser. like, of all the things nintendo dropped the ball with, the browser is nonsensical. their shitty online infrastructure, friend code, eshop...these are things that should take priority over a browser. this thing was never pitched to me as a tablet.

the browser will come. as will the other improvements as well. they have always been late to nintendo's party. people gravitate to nintendo for their games, not their tech.

Sephzilla

Lets guess RAW's rating tonight

It's going to be going up against an NBA playoff game 7 which involves the Boston Celtics and an NHL playoff game.

I'm guessing it'll place in the mid 2s

it's crazy to me you are hung up over a browser. like, of all the things nintendo dropped the ball with, the browser is nonsensical. their shitty online infrastructure, friend code, eshop...these are things that should take priority over a browser. this thing was never pitched to me as a tablet.

the browser will come. as will the other improvements as well. they have always been late to nintendo's party. people gravitate to nintendo for their games, not their tech.

I picked the browser because it's the most simple and basic thing to include and they didn't. The other things you mentioned are gripes I have as well, like why the fuck is Nintendo still trying to make Friend Codes happen even though they've had a solid decade of people telling them to stop doing it.

As much as I know GAF loves him, I think Iwata was a really bad influence on the company because I think Nintendo really started having screwed up priorities right around the time he started having major influence with Nintendo

It's going to be going up against an NBA playoff game 7 which involves the Boston Celtics and an NHL playoff game.

I'm guessing it'll place in the mid 2s

I picked the browser because it's the most simple and basic thing to include and they didn't. The other things you mentioned are gripes I have as well, like why the fuck is Nintendo still trying to make Friend Codes happen even though they've had a solid decade of people telling them to stop doing it.

As much as I know GAF loves him, I think Iwata was a really bad influence on the company because I think Nintendo really started having screwed up priorities right around the time he started having major influence with Nintendo

i can thoroughly agree with you on all that. I was not a fan of Iwata by any stretch of the imaination. and i still feel Reggie needs to go too. You talk about 'what others are doing', Reggie wouldnt even release products here stateside that were popular and selling like hotcakes in EU and JPN (normal n3ds , for example)

I would just like to see Nak wrestle on TV
It's funny that they're hyping him up to be some crazy special attraction for weeks on end

That works for something like his debut at Takeover (which didn't have anywhere near the same promotion)

They're hyping him up for a boring midcard feud and he'll be working a nerfed for TV style every week. Please be excited for his entrance!!

Sephzilla

i can thoroughly agree with you on all that. I was not a fan of Iwata by any stretch of the imaination. and i still feel Reggie needs to go too. You talk about 'what others are doing', Reggie wouldnt even release products here stateside that were popular and selling like hotcakes in EU and JPN (normal n3ds , for example)

Yeah, Reggie is actively holding Nintendo back in the US at this point too.

I'm eating crow with the Switch and the system is growing on me but I still maintain that the GameCube flopping and Wii becoming a fad were the worst two things to happen for the long term success of the company. It made them go away from the bread and butter that made them big in the first place.

Boston in NBA, Pittsburgh in NHL

That eastern market is probably good as dead

And both games start at the same time as Raw.

I do think it's super convenient that HHH and Steph have vanished from TV again

I like Nakamura's first match being saved for the PPV. People would just complain if they had him fight a match every single week and complain of how Nakamura fighting whatever superstar was WWE throwing away a dream match on free TV.

Slizz

I came in to this thread and was so ready for Nak, hyped cause of his first SD appearance, you lads told me to check out some highlight matches of his, the hype is reaching a fever pitch for me and then..... A month of literally nothing, some bullshit Twitter vids of him finally wrestling for house shows leading up to a mid card PPV match even though hes on the poster.

My Nak hype is completely deflated. Just lemme see Styles fight at this point.

I like Nakamura's first match being saved for the PPV. People would just complain if they had him fight a match every single week and complain of how Nakamura fighting whatever superstar was WWE throwing away a dream match on free TV.

At least give a taste, have him do a match with a jobber, cut it short with Ziggler interference DQ.

Hell with it. I'm bored. One month avatar bet. I am betting that Nakamura loses against Ziegler at Backlash 2017.

Who wants to take the other side?

And both games start at the same time as Raw.

I do think it's super convenient that HHH and Steph have vanished from TV again
To be fair to Stephanie she was showing up regularly in the later half of 2016 a lot when Triple H was keeping himself off because he thought he'd be a ratings pop and didn't want to fight against the sports season.

Zach

The New Zach Times has intercepted what is believed to be a list of upcoming GWF events straight from the desk of GWF President Sephzilla Monsoon:

March 1 - GWF I: GWF's Not Dead
mid-late March - GWF II: WrassleGAF Super Cup Tournament 2: Sweet
April - GWF III: Sports-Entertainia
May - GWF IV: ZACHLASH! Great Balls of Filth! CANCELED
June - GWF V: The Mega-Posters... EXPLODE! CANCELED
July - GWF VI: Blast at the Beach Great Balls at the Beach [unless Menome vanquishes Filth.] CANCELED
August - GWF VII: SummerSpear CANCELED
September - GWF VIII: Elimination Chamber of Horrors CANCELED
October - GWF IX: Halloween Heck CANCELED
November - GWF X: Ten Events in the Making CANCELED
December - GAFFCADE DATAACADE 2017 CANCELED

We have left numerous messages with GWF Headquarters and will update this story if we hear back.

It's good that they're hyping him up as a special attraction

The problem is they can only do it once and if his NXT run is any indication it's going to be more excitement to see him over what he's actually involved in

I think Nak is going to have the same issue as AJ when he came in when you have a bunch of voices shouting at you "THIS GUY IS THE BEST, LOOK AT THIS GUY, WOW!" without them really giving you a reason to think that

Even though smart crowds were behind Styles from day one I don't think he really got to show his stuff until after Mania/the Jericho feud

An AAA show got out of hand when the fans nearly rioted after La Parka lost the light heavyweight title. The fans began throwing chairs at the wrestlers. Not in a fun ECW way, but actually attempting to hit them. Psicosis ran into the crowd with a barbed wire baseball bat that had been used earlier in the show and was about to start swinging at fans, but Konnan restrained him, which is good because otherwise, Psicosis would probably be in jail now.

C A R N Y

Heroman

Banned

Nintendo priorities have always been screwed since like 1907.

Beefy

The New Zach Times has intercepted what is believed to be a list of upcoming GWF events straight from the desk of GWF President Sephzilla Monsoon:

We have left numerous messages with GWF Headquarters and will update this story if we hear back.

Champ for life

Caderfix

I don't follow NXT, but I'm kind of interested in seeing what Aleister Black can do. I got to admit though that 90% of is is due to his sick theme song.

NO MAN IS EVER TRULY GOOD! NO MAN IS EVER TRULY E-VIL! I DO THE THINGS YOU NEVER COULD, AND WE WON'T EVER BE EQUAL! *Badass chorale*

So good.

Sephzilla

There's going to be a GWF4 announcement this week.

As a heads up to some of the incoming new talent, there's a chance some of your debuts might get pushed back to GWF5. Moving to my new place and some other life stuff have kept me off of WWE 2k17 for a bit

Zach

So I'm still on my Breaking Bad rewatch, yeah? Early into Season 5, right? Well I've been popping into the old NeoGAF.com OT for it and man, some folks seem like real monsters. What kind of crazy person is rooting for madman Walter White by the final season?

And the Skyler hate... man. It's like these people are unable to feel empathy. Or they just hate women? Not sure. It's really weird and surprisingly, somewhat depressing.

Maybe I'm just getting worked, brother.

imBask

Banned
So I'm still on my Breaking Bad rewatch, yeah? Early into Season 5, right? Well I've been popping into the old NeoGAF.com OT for it and man, some folks seem like real monsters. What kind of crazy person is rooting for madman Walter White by the final season?

And the Skyler hate... man. It's like these people are unable to feel empathy. Or they just hate women? Not sure. It's really weird and surprisingly, somewhat depressing.

don't play that card, Skyler is just a total dumpsterfire by season 5 and the hate is justified

I doubt bluekaveli really thinks that. Do you , Blue?

Black's theme is great you marks

They finally got a real hardcore band to do a theme (admittedly in a more tame/wrassle friendly style) vs. the usual UFC bro core

Top Bottom