• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

Zach

Pre-Show Match
rrc1594 vs UrbanDandy
Both rrc and UrbanDandy step back into the GWF ring for the first time since GWF1. Both competitors are looking to get some positive forward momentum after taking losses at the inaugural GWF event.

Who will be First Lady of the GWF?? Hype is through the roof!!

Singles Match
Anth0ny vs Browny
Two WrassleGAF veterans clash as both Trevor Anth0ny Nakamura and Big Daddy Browny square off in a match that could have significance in either of the singles championship pictures.

Hopefully Anth0ny slaps some sense into Browny so he stops hanging around the likes of Menome.

Extreme Rules Match
Sephzilla vs FallingEdge
After having his one on one GWF Championship match converted to a Fatal Four Way on the eve of GWF3, FallingEdge has called out the man who he feels cheated him out of a championship in a hardcore match.

Makes sense. This is logical booking, daddeh.

GWF Tag Team Championship
Bronx-Man & OwensIsNow vs The New Japan Express (Klonere & Heroman) [C]
In a shocking turn of events back stage, Bronx-Man has abandoned his previous tag team partner Ithil and has aligned with OwensIsNow after initiating the rematch clause for the GWF Tag Team Championship. Will the New Japan Express's reign continue or will we see a new nation rise?

I am STUNNED that Just Friends(?!) have parted ways. I guess they were "just" friends. :(

The Streak Match
Caderfix vs BewareTheBatsie vs MYSTERY OPPONENT
Who will remain winless? Will Caderfix give up? Will BewareTheBatsie snap defeat from the jaws of victory once again? Who is the mystery opponent who was thrown into this match? Who will be the one to get win number one!?

This is kind of cute, but I'll probably run to concessions during this match.

GWF B+ Championship Match
RBH vs Tall4Life [C]
Possibly the most highly anticipated rematch in GWF history! Moments after Tall4Life dethroned Korly as B+ Champion, RBH dominated a #1 contender battle royal to earn a shot at the B+ Championship. We now have a Super Bowl level rematch. Can RBH rise up or will he fall to the Patriot way?

Beautiful storytelling. I will obviously be pulling for the WCW Avenger, but T4L makes a quality heel.

20 Minute Iron Man Match
Menome vs Zach
Upon the examination of the galaxies of space, images begin to appear -- images of strange and powerful forces. But of all the forces in the universe, the two most powerful -- Zach Hogan! And the Ultimate Menome! -- prepare to explode! Filth Champion versus Purity Champion. Nickname versus no nickname.

The one that's putting the butts in the seats. Does the winner still earn a tag titles shot for his team?

GWF World Championship Match
MYSTERY OPPONENT OF BEEFY'S CHOOSING vs Beefy [C]
After defending his title against all odds at GWF3, Beefy earned the right to pick his own opponent for his title defense at GWF4. The opponent has been chosen but Beefy has requested that the opponent's name not be revealed!? Who could it be?! Will we see a new champion?

Will this be a gimmick match, brother?

* Card, event date, and start time are subject to change. No refunds available in the event Zach no shows. No Fanta allowed in the arena.

Disgusting abuse of power.

Caderfix

If anything, this is already better storytelling than anything WWE's provided in years. You gave me a way in, and I used it to swoop in, beat you, AND take your first W away from you

I will make your debut worse than Mass Transit's, then I will force Batsie to pin me, ruining the open chalenge dream forever!

This is kind of cute, but I'll probably run to concessions during this match.
oprah-stare-gifnzafy.gif

I'm expecting a Vader-from-Over-The-Edge-'98 promo if Batsy loses.
I'm John Cena in this.

I'll cut a promo that buries Caderfix and the mystery opponent and won't let them get their shit in.

Dillinger vs English is for the Backlash pre-show.

Maybe Dillinger will be 'lucky' to get a Ziggler feud after it.

I will make your debut worse than Mass Transit's, then I will force Batsie to pin me, ruining the open chalenge dream forever!
This smells of a storyline where I'm the heel but I come off like the face because the faces are picking on me.

Caderfix

This smells of a storyline where I'm the heel but I come off like the face because the faces are picking on me.

It's a good story:

At first I respcted you, I was excited for a legendary high stakes match between the two of us, and I was also happy that my best friend SweeneyTom was about to sign with the company. GWF4 was sure to be the best day of my life. But then I was betrayed... You and FilthyTom were plotting against me all along! And Zach is not even going to watch it.

I don't care if I don't look like the babyface... I. WANT. REVENGE.

I kind of want Sweeney to win so this storyline can go on.

Hex

Banned
A7EtD92.png

GWF 4: Zachlash: Great Balls of Filth
Date: Friday, May 26th, 2017
Time: 7:00PM Eastern/6:00PM Central
Where: Live from the Z-Pak Zone on www.twitch.tv/sephzilla

t1495839600z1.png

Pre-Show Match
rrc1594 vs UrbanDandy
Both rrc and UrbanDandy step back into the GWF ring for the first time since GWF1. Both competitors are looking to get some positive forward momentum after taking losses at the inaugural GWF event.

Singles Match
Anth0ny vs Browny
Two WrassleGAF veterans clash as both Trevor Anth0ny Nakamura and Big Daddy Browny square off in a match that could have significance in either of the singles championship pictures.

Extreme Rules Match
Sephzilla vs FallingEdge
After having his one on one GWF Championship match converted to a Fatal Four Way on the eve of GWF3, FallingEdge has called out the man who he feels cheated him out of a championship in a hardcore match.

GWF Tag Team Championship
Bronx-Man & OwensIsNow vs The New Japan Express (Klonere & Heroman) [C]
In a shocking turn of events back stage, Bronx-Man has abandoned his previous tag team partner Ithil and has aligned with OwensIsNow after initiating the rematch clause for the GWF Tag Team Championship. Will the New Japan Express's reign continue or will we see a new nation rise?

The Streak Match
Caderfix vs BewareTheBatsie vs MYSTERY OPPONENT
Who will remain winless? Will Caderfix give up? Will BewareTheBatsie snap defeat from the jaws of victory once again? Who is the mystery opponent who was thrown into this match? Who will be the one to get win number one!?

GWF B+ Championship Match
RBH vs Tall4Life [C]
Possibly the most highly anticipated rematch in GWF history! Moments after Tall4Life dethroned Korly as B+ Champion, RBH dominated a #1 contender battle royal to earn a shot at the B+ Championship. We now have a Super Bowl level rematch. Can RBH rise up or will he fall to the Patriot way?

20 Minute Iron Man Match
Menome vs Zach
Upon the examination of the galaxies of space, images begin to appear -- images of strange and powerful forces. But of all the forces in the universe, the two most powerful -- Zach Hogan! And the Ultimate Menome! -- prepare to explode! Filth Champion versus Purity Champion. Nickname versus no nickname.

GWF World Championship Match
MYSTERY OPPONENT OF BEEFY'S CHOOSING vs Beefy [C]
After defending his title against all odds at GWF3, Beefy earned the right to pick his own opponent for his title defense at GWF4. The opponent has been chosen but Beefy has requested that the opponent's name not be revealed!? Who could it be?! Will we see a new champion?

* Card, event date, and start time are subject to change. No refunds available in the event Zach no shows. No Fanta allowed in the arena.

tumblr_nrphhn950b1tt2jjyo1_250.gif

Hex

Banned
That was also the one with Nakamura v Tanahashi with Nak's Stripper Entrance and Tanahashi's Marty Friedman right?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
As someone who has followed him since the PWG/CZW days I have no idea what the supporting evidence is that Sami Zayn is this workhorse/5 star match factory/future face of hte company. He's a very likeable guy and a very good wrestler but that only make him 50% better than Dolph Ziggler. Most of his babyface work is pretty much 'gets fucked by booking' which could be attached to anyone and his babyface work in indies was 'takes dumbass unsafe spots no one should take' as someone who sat through the PWG AND ROH versions of the Steen/Generico feud.

The only truly exceptional match I've ever seen him take place in was vs Neville and half of that was booking and I would easily put Neville above Sami in 2017 both in-ring and character-wise. You could have stuck nearly any 'very good' wrestler from the WWE into his match with Nakamura and it would have been the same result. A glorified demo of 'here's the moves Nakamura does for people who want to see him live for the first time'

As someone who has followed him since the PWG/CZW days I have no idea what the supporting evidence is that Sami Zayn is this workhorse/5 star match factory/future face of hte company. He's a very likeable guy and a very good wrestler but that only make him 50% better than Dolph Ziggler. Most of his babyface work is pretty much 'gets fucked by booking' which could be attached to anyone and his babyface work in indies was 'takes dumbass unsafe spots no one should take' as someone who sat through the PWG AND ROH versions of the Steen/Generico feud.

The only truly exceptional match I've ever seen him take place in was vs Neville and half of that was booking and I would easily put Neville above Sami in 2017 both in-ring and character-wise. You could have stuck nearly any 'very good' wrestler from the WWE into his match with Nakamura and it would have been the same result. A glorified demo of 'here's the moves Nakamura does for people who want to see him live for the first time'

I kind of agree, I'm not sure dismissing his part of the feud with Neville because the booking is good is entirely fair though. The booking is supposed to be good to get people over. He has had a lot of very good matches and he can do good character work.

Remember he feuded with Owens again in NXT, then on the main roster where he actually went over Owens. Then they did nothing with him at all and let him flounder. Then used him as a job guy.

Presenting him as an annoying dick backstage, which is what they are going with now, won't help him or anyone he feuds with in getting over.

Top Bottom