• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

Beefy

I figure that once it was delayed from January, they decided to just hold it off until they could use Hojo and Shirai, because it's obvious they will be the two top stars of the tournament. Those two aren't quite done with Stardom yet, so that would explain the push to July.

This post-Summerslam push would be mind-numbingly stupid as a reason to delay airing it further.

Unless they are close to signing some one else?

ReiGun

I reckon they will leave it until they sign every good female wrestler in the world and have it a week long tournament.
That would make sense. Wanting to have contracts in order before they start. I figured that's what the original delay was about.

I figure that once it was delayed from January, they decided to just hold it off until they could use Hojo and Shirai, because it's obvious they will be the two top stars of the tournament. Those two aren't quite done with Stardom yet, so that would explain the push to July.

This post-Summerslam push would be mind-numbingly stupid as a reason to delay airing it further.

Yeah, that's the part I don't get. If anything, given how big Summerslam is for the E, you'd think they'd want to tack the tournament alongside the build for that. Not hide it away were they're back in another down period.

Wow, that makes it a lot easier to hit up all of the dates. Have fun!
fJ9198O.gif

Unless they are close to signing some one else?

But they aren't debating pushing the taping back. Just the airing of the show.

And Shirai was obviously the biggest target. You don't get brought in and wined and dined like she was unless they really, really want you. They treated her like they needed her as opposed to as if she was someone trying out for them.

I watched the WWE24 thing about stompy dropkick demon, it was neat, I had genuine feels at some points.
Now if only his booking could be more interesting because after watching that I'm left thinking "wait, who is he even feuding with right now again?" which puts a downer on his big return.

Also make the demon have a different fighting style, please, then I'll join the Balor club....

Also apparently Finn and Cathy Kelly are a thing now.
See, there's good company in the Balor Club.

Beefy

And Shirai was obviously the biggest target. You don't get brought in and wined and dined like she was unless they really, really want you. They treated her like they needed her as opposed to as if she was someone trying out for them.

Yeah then it's weird.

Hasney

Bray went to jury duty in character. From the NXT book:

“Bray began with my real-life lunacy,” says Rotunda. “I’ve always been an against-all-authority kind of child. I was a big fan of Rage Against the Machine, they were a big influence on my life as a child, so when I started working with Dusty Rhodes, I began losing my mind on a very real level. I became obsessed with this character.”

When Husky Harris failed on the main roster, he went all in with the Wyatt persona. “I was going to jury duty in my hometown, and Dusty made me go to jury duty as Bray,” Bill Rotunda says. “Dusty told me, ‘This is the perfect exercise. Become Bray.’ I literally went to jury duty as Bray Wyatt. I was so immersed in the character that I didn’t break once. Obviously, I didn’t get picked for jury duty, but I had the white pants, Hawaiian shirt, the whole nine yards. There were no fragments of Husky Harris. Husky Harris was dead, and he was to stay dead. I was Bray Wyatt. We were one.”

Sephzilla

If I was a WWE wrestler I'd never go public with any relationship information just so Vince doesn't try to pervert it into some stupid angle.

If I was a WWE wrestler I'd never go public with any relationship information just so Vince doesn't try to pervert it into some stupid angle.

Just make sure your spouse doesn't ruin it (see Lana)

Time to go all in on the gimmicks, Ambrose and Renee to be a Joker/Harley combo, "Renee has changed ever since she was incarcerated in the Ambrose Asylum!"

I can hear Cole announcing it now.

Pikma

Banned

Yet Foggy and someone else here acted offended when the word tryout and Io Shirai were used in the same sentence back in March

Common sense, people.

Why am I not surprised that Dusty was behind this. And now Road Dogg has his spot.

What? No he doesn't. Dusty was full-time NXT head promo guy. Road Dogg is a road agent and is SD lead writer with Ryan Ward.

Between those two jobs alone, there's no chance in hell he has the time to be in the spot Dusty was.

What? No he doesn't. Dusty was full-time NXT head promo guy. Road Dogg is a road agent and is SD lead writer with Ryan Ward.

Between those two jobs alone, there's no chance in hell he has the time to be in the spot Dusty was.

Who's the main person helping build the NXT folks then?

And was Ryan Ward the head NXT writer before or was that someone else.

Fuck Road Dogg

Other than being a company shill on Twitter, he's done nothing really wrong in his current spot.

He's partially responsible for the great SD stuff we've been seeing, so I'd say he's doing okay.

Who's the main person helping build the NXT folks then?

And was Ryan Ward the head NXT writer before or was that someone else.

Ryan Ward was head NXT writer from mid-2013 (around when it started on Hulu) until January of last year (he was moved to SD when it moved to USA Network last year).

Now the spot is occupied by Joe Belcastro, who took over when Ward left and also wrote and planned out the CWC stuff.

The head promo stuff at the PC was handled by Regal last I heard.

I think it's too soon. They still are dealing with the C&D stuff from Sinclair, so they'll be hesitant to touch him for at least a few months. I'd expect him closer to Brooklyn.

Top Bottom