• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

Card for Day 2 of the Best of the Super Jr. 24, kicks off in 8 hours;

NJPW, "BEST OF THE SUPER JR. 24 - DAY 2", 2017/05/18
Korakuen Hall

1. Tiger Mask, Hirai Kawato & Tomoyuki Oka vs Katsuya Kitamura, Shota Umino & Tetsuhiro Yagi
2. Volador Jr. & ACH vs Yoshinobu Kanemaru & El Desperado
3. Raymond Rowe, Hanson & David Finlay vs Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa & Yujiro Takahashi
4. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Juice Robinson, Ryusuke Taguchi & KUSHIDA vs Tetsuya Naito, SANADA, EVIL & BUSHI
5. BoSJ Block A Match: TAKA Michinoku vs Taichi
6. BoSJ Block A Match: Dragon Lee vs Marty Scurll
7. BoSJ Block A Match: Jushin Liger vs Hiromu Takahashi
8. BoSJ Block A Match: Ricochet vs Will Ospreay

Looking forward to Liger vs Hiromu and Dragon Lee vs Marty. Got a feeling that Ricochet & Ospreay will try and out-do last year's match, and it won't be as good.

somedevil

Final Card for NXT Chicago:

Itami vs roode
Aop vs DIY ladder match
Asuka vs Cross vs Riot
Dunne vs bate
Young vs Strong

Taped before the show:

Drew vs Wesley Blake
aleister black match

Final Card for NXT Chicago:

Itami vs roode
Aop vs DIY ladder match
Asuka vs Cross vs Riot
Dunne vs bate
Young vs Strong

Taped before the show:

Drew vs Wesley Blake
aleister black match
Is the Black match going to be a stupid jobber match?

Would love him and Almas again but if it's not on the main show I'm sure it'll be nothing

orioto

Good Art™
I'm watching podcasts about SDL and Backlash and wow it's amazing how much guys are discussing jinder and Orton, Breezango, the welcoming comity, nakamura etc.. and they really have nothing to say about the us feud. Nothing.

That tells you how much they did nothing with that feud from the start. There is nothing to say about it.

Cause there was no story, no tension, no personal hate, not even a good Owens promo about Styles. Owens had nothing to say about Styles, and Styles had really nothing to say about the us belt nor Owens.

The story of that feud is "those guys have nothing to do with each other"

You could think Wrestling doesn't need story when wrestlers are good, but that's not true i think. That match can't really be special without any hype or drama going into it. It'll be a good, hopefully an excellent match that people will forget about.

Heroman

Banned
Card for Day 2 of the Best of the Super Jr. 24, kicks off in 8 hours;

NJPW, "BEST OF THE SUPER JR. 24 - DAY 2", 2017/05/18
Korakuen Hall

1. Tiger Mask, Hirai Kawato & Tomoyuki Oka vs Katsuya Kitamura, Shota Umino & Tetsuhiro Yagi
2. Volador Jr. & ACH vs Yoshinobu Kanemaru & El Desperado
3. Raymond Rowe, Hanson & David Finlay vs Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa & Yujiro Takahashi
4. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Juice Robinson, Ryusuke Taguchi & KUSHIDA vs Tetsuya Naito, SANADA, EVIL & BUSHI
5. BoSJ Block A Match: TAKA Michinoku vs Taichi
6. BoSJ Block A Match: Dragon Lee vs Marty Scurll
7. BoSJ Block A Match: Jushin Liger vs Hiromu Takahashi
8. BoSJ Block A Match: Ricochet vs Will Ospreay

Looking forward to Liger vs Hiromu and Dragon Lee vs Marty. Got a feeling that Ricochet & Ospreay will try and out-do last year's match, and it won't be as good.
Big day for my Hero liger if he wins this match I can see him making it to the finals and Ricochet and ospreays will breaks expectation.

Sephzilla

You know when Rock went nuts and hit Foley with a ton of vicious chair shots? That's what the intelligence community is doing to Trump right now.

You know when Rock went nuts and hit Foley with a ton of vicious chair shots? That's what the intelligence community is doing to Trump right now.

We were supposed to feel sympathy for Foley, though. This is more like Cena burying Wade.

giphy.gif

THE INTELLIGENCE COMMUNITY?!?!

lol goddammit

I'm watching podcasts about SDL and Backlash and wow it's amazing how much guys are discussing jinder and Orton, Breezango, the welcoming comity, nakamura etc.. and they really have nothing to say about the us feud. Nothing.

That tells you how much they did nothing with that feud from the start. There is nothing to say about it.

Cause there was no story, no tension, no personal hate, not even a good Owens promo about Styles. Owens had nothing to say about Styles, and Styles had really nothing to say about the us belt nor Owens.

The story of that feud is "those guys have nothing to do with each other"

You could think Wrestling doesn't need story when wrestlers are good, but that's not true i think. That match can't really be special without any hype or drama going into it. It'll be a good, hopefully an excellent match that people will forget about.
I haven't given a fuck about Owens since he went to Smackdown. "Evil foreigner" aside his character work is nerfed to a complete snore. For what? Proper heel reactions? Congrats. As you said Owens/Styles has no reason to not be rad as hell but really who cares?

RBH

I'm watching 205 Live now for the first time in a long while........

Holy shit, Gran Metalik has escaped from Main Event! :O

orioto

Good Art™
I haven't given a fuck about Owens since he went to Smackdown. "Evil foreigner" aside his character work is nerfed to a complete snore. For what? Proper heel reactions? Congrats. As you said Owens/Styles has no reason to not be rad as hell but really who cares?

That doesn't help.

And they're forcing him to talk in slowmo more and more.

It's like Vince is all "you gonna be a real heel bitch, you gonna learn how to not have ONE clap in the area now. Even those fuckin' smarks will turn on you!"

I wonder in those situations how much they balance between wanting that heel to suck yet needing that match to deliver.

orioto

Good Art™
Orioto's obsession with the idea that Owens is in the doghouse 24/7 is pretty funny

He's not in the dog house at all he's pushed like nobody since he's been in the main roster.

They can push him and ruin him at the same time. That's the worst and that's what they've been doing.

Hex

Banned
I love Taichi's entrance , not just because I am a Malice Mizer / Moi dix Mois mark, or his woman...but it totally comes off as a total anime or fighting game bad guy appearance.

Top Bottom