• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

Better than Nakamura's current one at least.

HA no.

Nakamura's current one is worse than his old one, but it's not bad at all.

Jeeeezus christ

Commentary constantly talking about Andrade's lifestyle is the fucking WORST

"well maybe if he didn't stay out until 3 in the morning!"

That's his whole gimmick though. His lifestyle. It's why he loses the big matches.

Do you not want the commentary team to tell the stories or what?

That's his whole gimmick though. His lifestyle. It's why he loses the big matches.

Do you not want the commentary team to tell the stories or what?
It's the only thing they say after every single move, in every single match

I could understand if the story matched up with the in-ring work, like he's messing up moves or stumbling around the ring. But he's just working a normal match and it's just HE'S NOT FOCUSED, 3AM LAST NIGHT WITH GIRLS

It's the only thing they say after every single move, in every single match

I could understand if the story matched up with the in-ring work, like he's messing up moves or stumbling around the ring. But he's just working a normal match and it's just HE'S NOT FOCUSED, 3AM LAST NIGHT WITH GIRLS

It's not some exaggerated drunk gimmick or that he's a slob.

It's just that he's not at the level of the best because he doesn't put in the extra work because he doesn't care about winning the big matches.

They need to bring Bruce Prichard back, he's the reason they were actually able to get something out of your Latin stars considering where he's from. They don't know what do with them or how to use them.

It's not some exaggerated drunk gimmick or that he's a slob.

It's just that he's not at the level of the best because he doesn't put in the extra work because he doesn't care about winning the big matches.
That all makes sense, I just think they need to do more with it if that's all they're going to talk about during his matches. Like Nigel compared his strikes to a "Tijuana bar fight" at one point, sure do more of that. Otherwise it's just like parents lecturing their kid or something mid-match on the same 2 or 3 talking points

Pretty sure they said the "3 or 4am!" thing like 4 times in the first few minutes

Stone Cold was always so pissed off back then

He should've been happy! He made it to the WWF, the big time! :D
People would call Austin an ungrateful crybaby when he complained about not main eventing Mania.
"He was in a main event against Bret! It didn't go on last, but he should be greatful."

Tana's injury is unfortunate but it sounds like it's just a minor tear which is good, it just needs a couple weeks of rest to heal up and he should make Dominion. Plus considering Dominion is followed by the G1 USA shows and the G1 itself, the BOSJ (where he really isn't needed) is probably the best time to take time off.

This week's WWE SmackDown, a loaded show with the final hype for WWE Backlash and Baron Corbin vs. WWE Champion Randy Orton in the main event, drew 2.175 million viewers. This is down 7.3% from last week's 2.348 million viewers for the taped show from London and a new low for 2017
1495070472273.jpg

. . . . draw

Some other Observer notes

I was told there are some holdups and Shirai is at this point not a sure thing for the women's tournament due to timing issues, while Hojo is expected to debut in the tournament. Shirai doesn't have a start date for Orlando. She was in Orlando in late March at the Performance Center and when she came back, she was leaning toward staying. She's actually gone back-and-forth on whether or not to go to WWE for months before making the commitment and accepting the WWE contract offer this past week.

Also, uh, there's, uh, this bit of news... (I'm like 99% sure someone made a joke about this last week)

Hojo was given the word that she has to come up with a new finisher. A lot of people questioned that. Hojo has the coolest looking elbow off the top rope in pro wrestling, probably the best since a young ICW-era Randy Savage. She was told that's Bayley's move. To those in Japan, it's considered ridiculous because that's the move she's known for, but it's a different world.

Meltzer says that basically all of the Stardom foreigners are on WWE's list for the tournament and Stardom expects to lose them all to WWE contracts afterwards.

STARDOM may as well just pack it up.

Storm was a given. I've said that for weeks.

She wants to be in WWE (she's been very vocal about it) and they've wanted her for a little while now.

FUCK BAYLEY

She can do something else, I bet her elbow is CM Punk-tier bad.

There's the slight possibility that they just don't want her using it as a finish. Maybe she can use it as just a move (like how both Finn and Seth use the slingblade).

I feel like this elbow drop thing will come and go. Like even if she doesn't do it immediately, she'll eventually get to do it. See: Hideo Itami and the GTS. They were building up to him eventually hitting it even before Punk left.

Also this:

I don't know that the odds are necessarily good of anything happening from this, but there are still open lines of communication involving bringing Mauro Ranallo back. There's a lot of water under the bridge.

Toki767

I don't see what the big deal is about Bayley using the elbow drop.

Like 4 people during the CWC used a knee bar as their finisher.

Didn't Alexa kick out clean from Bayley delivering that elbow drop to her at Payback? Not really much point in giving it to her when it's been kicked out of already.

Menome

Before the Japan stuff starts:

Yep. I'm firmly behind Sonya Deville, even if I think it's not a great name. Hopefully she'll get the NXT belt before heading up to the main roster.

I'm waiting for the day they get round to hiring Shayna Bazler and she shitcans Daria out of NXT

(Did she have a good match on NXT this week?)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Man, Asuka's promos are the best. She doesn't even say more than 2 sentences and doesn't speak the language and I think they're consistently great. Shows you what you can do when you actually understand a character and write the script for that.

...but they still aren't going to boo Asuka.

Menome

I'm waiting for the day they get round to hiring Shayna Bazler and she shitcans Daria out of NXT

(Did she have a good match on NXT this week?)

Had a decent one with Lacey Evans, that was better than what Aaliyah & Liv Morgan have been putting out the past few weeks.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I can't believe they actually got Hero out there in vertical stripes.

Besides, if you look at the statement for what it is without the wrestling bubble blinders on, Orton is the actor in the major franchise movie, not the draw or top star, but a major regular part of the ensemble cast, bragging about his money and his winning fake choreographed fights and running down people making their name with no studio help who have managed by garner a worldwide following of their own and steady work and solid or in some cases even very good money doing independent movies that are getting significant critical acclaim. Would Dwayne Johnson make fun of award nominated movie stars and publicly brag about his box office numbers while making fun of their box office numbers, and then, in the end, brag that he gets to win his fake fight scenes in the movie? If he did, to the public, the reaction would be a whole lot worse than any that Orton got, both from the masses who don’t have a clue, and those who do.

Metlzer just pretty much highlights how honestly sad Orton's Indy rant was.

Toki767

Man, Asuka's promos are the best. She doesn't even say more than 2 sentences and doesn't speak the language and I think they're consistently great. Shows you what you can do when you actually understand a character and write the script for that.

...but they still aren't going to boo Asuka.

Only Bayley was capable of getting them to slightly boo Asuka.

There's no one in NXT that that crowd loves nearly as much as Bayley.

So yeah, Asuka's probably never getting booed even as a heel.

Top Bottom