• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

Sephzilla

Twin Peaks also has the late Miguel Ferrer in it, who plays the most under appreciated character in RoboCop

tumblr_ok1tg87D701qigaa4o2_r1_400.jpg

Edit: New Page

A7EtD92.png

GWF 4: Life: Zachlash: Great Balls of Filth
Date: Friday, May 26th, 2017
Time: 7:00PM Eastern/6:00PM Central
Where: Live from the Z-Pak Zone on www.twitch.tv/sephzilla

t1495839600z1.png

thVvhdg.png

Pre-Show Match
rrc1594 vs UrbanDandy
Both rrc and UrbanDandy step back into the GWF ring for the first time since GWF1. Both competitors are looking to get some positive forward momentum after taking losses at the inaugural GWF event.

Singles Match
Anth0ny vs Browny
Two WrassleGAF veterans clash as both Trevor Anth0ny Nakamura and Big Daddy Browny square off in a match that could have significance in either of the singles championship pictures.

Extreme Rules Match
Sephzilla vs FallingEdge
After having his one on one GWF Championship match converted to a Fatal Four Way on the eve of GWF3, FallingEdge has called out the man who he feels cheated him out of a championship in a hardcore match.

GWF Tag Team Championship
Bronx-Man & OwensIsNow vs The New Japan Express (Klonere & Heroman) [C]
In a shocking turn of events back stage, Bronx-Man has abandoned his previous tag team partner Ithil and has aligned with OwensIsNow after initiating the rematch clause for the GWF Tag Team Championship. Will the New Japan Express's reign continue or will we see a new nation rise?

The Streak Match
Caderfix vs BewareTheBatsie vs MYSTERY OPPONENT
Who will remain winless? Will Caderfix give up? Will BewareTheBatsie snap defeat from the jaws of victory once again? Who is the mystery opponent who was thrown into this match? Who will be the one to get win number one!?

Shoots and Ladders Match
Hasney vs DMczaf
Both competitors have demanded a rematch from their GWF3 bout! This time Hasney has agreed to step into DM's realm of the shoot. Pinfalls will not matter in this brutal ladder match. Above the ring will be a briefcase holding the rights to the #1 contender for the GWF World Championship!

GWF B+ Championship Match
RBH vs Tall4Life [C]
Possibly the most highly anticipated rematch in GWF history! Moments after Tall4Life dethroned Korly as B+ Champion, RBH dominated a #1 contender battle royal to earn a shot at the B+ Championship. We now have a Super Bowl level rematch. Can RBH rise up or will he fall to the Patriot way?

20 Minute Iron Man Match
Menome vs Zach
Upon the examination of the galaxies of space, images begin to appear -- images of strange and powerful forces. But of all the forces in the universe, the two most powerful -- Zach Hogan! And the Ultimate Menome! -- prepare to explode! Filth Champion versus Purity Champion. Nickname versus no nickname.

GWF World Championship Match
MYSTERY OPPONENT OF BEEFY'S CHOOSING vs Beefy [C]
After defending his title against all odds at GWF3, Beefy earned the right to pick his own opponent for his title defense at GWF4. The opponent has been chosen but Beefy has requested that the opponent's name not be revealed!? Who could it be?! Will we see a new champion?

* Card, event date, and start time are subject to change. No refunds available in the event Zach no shows. No Fanta allowed in the arena.

Beefy

Ok. So. Here's my breakdown.

Arrow seasons 1 and 2 were fantastic. The first half of season 3 is good and then the second half of season 3 and all of season 4 suck because the writers put the story focus on a goddamn tumblr ship. Season 5 has seemingly gotten back to the shows roots and has generally been pretty legit.

Flash would be the better but season 2 and season 3 kind of regressed.

Now Arrow and Flash are shit. ( yeah I have seen them both)

Also Robocop was on regional TV here, it's aged pretty bad.

Sephzilla

Now Arrow and Flash are shit. ( yeah I have seen them both)

You haven't seen Season 5 of Arrow then.

Arrowverse rankings!

Arrow > Flash > Supergirl > Legends of Tomorrow

Arrow is back on track. Flash is treading water. Supergirl is alright. Legends is Doctor Who except less good.

Kaladin

Fuck Arrowverse, Defenderverse is where it's at.

Jessica Jones > Daredevil 1 > Luke Cage > Daredevil 2 > Iron Fist

And that's not because Iron Fist was bad, it just wasn't up to the others.

Hasney

You haven't seen Season 5 of Arrow then.

Arrowverse rankings!

Arrow > Flash > Supergirl > Legends of Tomorrow

Arrow is back on track. Flash is treading water. Supergirl is alright. Legends is Doctor Who except less good.

And I keep hearing that Injustice 2's story is even better than all of them. Only 24 hours for me to be home from work tomorrow to find out.

Sephzilla

Fuck Arrowverse, Defenderverse is where it's at.

Jessica Jones > Daredevil 1 > Luke Cage > Daredevil 2 > Iron Fist

And that's not because Iron Fist was bad, it just wasn't up to the others.

Luke Cage and Iron Fist weren't that good in my opinion. Daredevil season 2 was mediocre when Punisher wasn't on screen. Daredevil S1 and Jessica Jones were legit though

Didn't say it wasn't still good!

Acceptable.

For what it's worth I think the movie has mostly aged well outside of some dated 80s era special effects. RoboCop pretty accurately portrayed the future of Detroit from the 80s perspective though.

Kaladin

Luke Cage and Iron Fist weren't that good in my opinion. Daredevil season 2 was mediocre when Punisher wasn't on screen.

Daredevil S1 and Jessica Jones were legit though

I thought Daredevil season 2 picked up when Elektra showed up and all the pieces eventually came together. We even got a glimpse of Punisher in his final form.

Luke Cage got off to a slow start but got really good mid-season and on.

Sephzilla

80s RoboCop's suit visually has already aged better than the 2014 RoboCop suit

I thought Daredevil season 2 picked up when Elektra showed up and all the pieces eventually came together. We even got a glimpse of Punisher in his final form.

Luke Cage got off to a slow start but got really good mid-season and on.

The end of Daredevil season 2 pissed me off a little Punisher wise.
They cocktease Punisher getting a damn mini gun and then have a final battle that involves like a hundred ninjas. So they totally set it up for Punisher to mow down a fuckload of Hand ninjas and then never deliver on it.

Kaladin

The end of Daredevil season 2 pissed me off a little Punisher wise.
They cocktease Punisher getting a damn mini gun and then have a final battle that involves like a hundred ninjas. So they totally set it up for Punisher to mow down a fuckload of Hand ninjas and then never deliver on it.

Gotta save something for Punisher's own series next year.

Foggy

Just read about Hojo being given the redlight on her elbow drop because FUCKING BAYLEY has that assy elbow drop. What a clown shoes company.

Kaladin

Gotta save something for Punisher's own series next year.

Speaking of the Punisher's Netflix series, I love how Daredevil
essentially covered the Frank Castle origin story and now they can get into some serious Punisher shit with his own show.

Foggy

Are you fucking serious?

From Meltzer
Hojo was given the word that she has to come up with a new finisher. A lot of people questioned that. Hojo has the coolest looking elbow off the top rope in pro wrestling, probably the best since a young ICW-era Randy Savage. She was told that’s Bayley’s move. To those in Japan, it’s considered ridiculous because that’s the move she’s known for, but it’s a different world.

Sephzilla

RoboCop uses a lot of practical effects, so it's a movie that visually is going to age pretty well since it won't have dated CG. That's why Terminator 1/2 and the first two Alien movies have also aged pretty well. Terminator 1 admittedly has some effects that have aged pretty rough though.

From Meltzer

This is the stupidest fucking thing I have ever seen.

I mean, this week I have been saying how I am worried they would fuck this up and look.

What in the actual fuck are they thinking.

Bayley doesn't even do an elbow drop she just falls over with an arm out.

What a stupid company.

Sephzilla

Why can't they both just use the goddamn elbow drop? Roman and Goldberg both used the spear. Rock and Booker both used the same move too.

Zach

I agree that both should be able to use the elbow drop. They look different enough, with Bayley's being far superior.

Kairo Hojo is known for her elbow drop. Even people who live actual lives, unlike me, and don't really watch Stardom know her for her elbow drop.

Why in the fuck would they do this? Bayley fans seem pretty easy to please. Just get Bayley to stop dropping her awful elbow/limp arm and get her to roll around like an idiot and people will be happy apparently.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Its probably good to have Kairi drop the elbow before her hip turns into complete liquid anyways
tumblr_inline_ogi4v4q8Cy1rfezux_500.gif

she doesnt even protect her fall like savage. its pretty much guaranteed to destroy her hip in a few years

I'm gonna wait until Hojo is in the WWE. She's ages away from a debut so I'm not gonna worry yet. This might easily be something that isn't true by the time she arrives.

This is what we get for wanting Bayley to get a different finisher then the Bayley to Belly.

Bayley's elbow drop at least is a thousand times better then Punk. Punk's was just terrible and if it was a tribute to Macho Man it should at least have been fucking good.

I do think WWE take the signature move thing to the extreme sometimes, but on the other hand the US indie show I watched the other night had NINE destroyers (six in the same match), which was pretty fucking overkill even by scummy lucha indie standards.

Top Bottom