• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

Heroman

Banned
Told you, he's so fucking clueless and all of his pied piper followers believe all of his falsified, speculated bullshit. If you pay for his shit every month, you need to be admitted. Who spends over 100$ on rumours?
The same people who spend 10 bucks a month on Bad wreslting.

Told you, he's so fucking clueless and all of his pied piper followers believe all of his falsified, speculated bullshit. If you pay for his shit every month, you need to be admitted. Who spends over 100$ on rumours?

I'm not a subscriber, but used to be and there's a reason people pay for it beyond the fucking rumours and speculation that gets posted here - there's a shit load of weekly audio content, there's a huge archive of newsletters and audio dating back years, there's the newsletter itself (although everything juicy just ends up posted up everywhere anyways, so...) and Meltzer's articles and obituaries - whatever people think of Dave there are very few wrestling historians of his calibre out there.

I love it,every thread without fail. Review thread about newly released game, "do we know if theirs a switch version coming?". Almost every game, I love my switch but damn people.

Video games were a mistake.

Everyone should play board games. Especially German board games, where there is very little player interaction or outright conflict. You just passive aggressively stop people from getting resources or whatever they need, even when you don't need them. "Oh sorry, I didn't realize you needed wood to build a fence for your cows. I don't need wood yet, but I thought I would get some now in case I need it in the future. I sure hope your unenclosed animals don't escape."

Its the best.

The same people who spend 10 bucks a month on Bad wreslting.
Sucks to be them. Good thing I only pay 9.99

I'm not a subscriber, but used to be and there's a reason people pay for it beyond the fucking rumours and speculation that gets posted here - there's a shit load of weekly audio content, there's a huge archive of newsletters and audio dating back years, there's the newsletter itself (although everything juicy just ends up posted up everywhere anyways, so...) and Meltzer's articles and obituaries - whatever people think of Dave there are very few wrestling historians of his calibre out there.
Or just google search whatever you want and save money.

Heroman

Banned
Video games were a mistake.

Everyone should play board games. Especially German board games, where there is very little player interaction or outright conflict. You just passive aggressively stop people from getting resources or whatever they need, even when you don't need them. "Oh sorry, I didn't realize you needed wood to build a fence for your cows. I don't need wood yet, but I thought I would get some now in case I need it in the future. I sure hope your unenclosed animals don't escape."

Its the best.
Board games are lame.

Do you pirate music, movies, and books too, because you're basically saying give support to the people who copy paste what he does instead of supporting the originator of the content

Keep in mind, whatever you say next, that I am a proud snitch

Oh wow, thanks for the tip blue, you're a fuckin genius.

9BQgC11.gif

Pfffft. Board games are the best. Everyone complains about how shit and mindless video games are and wants co-op RPGs without the hassle of D&D and nobody talks about Gloomhaven.

My friends hype Gloomhaven like it's Shinsuke Nakamura but I gotta admit, when I played a quick two missions it felt more like Dolph Ziggler.

ECW held an "internet convention" show last week (that would be CyberSlam 96) that featured an incredible match between Sabu and Too Cold Scorpio. The Bruise Brothers debuted (replacing the Gangstas and Dave notes New Jack is currently in jail in Georgia for some reason but he doesn't know why). During the match, Ron Harris got into a fight with some fans. It's the same show Pillman debuted at.

This is why the Observer is godly. We find out shit like this.

check the south park thread
Your post sums it up
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=237203829

Its bullshit the mods turn a blind eye to this shit. I was once banned for two weeks when dragon quest 8 was announced for 3ds just for saying "3DS? I was looking forward to a HD version someday. The emulated one is so great looking, oh well." http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=163767127
I didn't beg for any specific console, just disappointment. People straight up saying switch or no buy is a shit post at this point.

I think so too. Subscribing just for speculation and rumors would be onerous. I have watched a lot of shows I wouldn't have heard about otherwise that I ended up really enjoying after reading the newsletter. Morbid and sad it may be, but the obituaries and the details he goes into about figures from the business whether in ring or otherwise is always really insightful and heartfelt (and frequently leads to checking out other shows). There is a lot of financial details and stuff posted too, but how much anyone cares about that is obviously subjective.

I go through periods subscribing or not subscribing but I never feel like I have been ripped off or it is bad value for money. They put out a lot of content.

And like I said earlier, they constantly get annoyed about their thoughts, opinions and speculations getting reported as fact. When they talk about shit like English or Shibata's injury being a work, it isn't so different to on here where people laugh at Strowman being out for 6 months knowing he will do the run in to "shock" everyone. They don't report those things, they just talk about what they are thinking but people here or on Reddit post it as if "Meltzer says Shibata's injury is a work" when in reality is it like "it wouldn't surprise me if it was a work given the history of this business" is what he really said.

I just opened the thread for that newly announced Tennis game (not even a tennis fan, simply because I was thinking "a Tennis sim in the current year?!" how unexpected!) and the first post was literally "switch?".
it's pretty bloody silly.

My friends hype Gloomhaven like it's Shinsuke Nakamura but I gotta admit, when I played a quick two missions it felt more like Dolph Ziggler.

I think it gets better the more the world changes and the more classes get unlocked.

What I will say is, given they have sorta similar gameplay (using cards to decide what you will do):

Gloomhaven = Ziggler

Mage Knight = Nakamura

I still feel bad comparing Gloomhaven to Ziggler because it does open up in a lot of cool ways. But Mage Knight has a lot more depth and complexity.

I think it gets better the more the world changes and the more classes get unlocked.

What I will say is, given they have sorta similar gameplay (using cards to decide what you will do):

Gloomhaven = Ziggler

Mage Knight = Nakamura

I still feel bad comparing Gloomhaven to Ziggler because it does open up in a lot of cool ways. But Mage Knight has a lot more depth and complexity.

Mage Knight is something of a complexity running joke in our group simply because it's never been played, it remains in our friends cupboard as apparently it's just too much to take in and we don't have time to learn it.

In general though my board game preferences are less of the D&D inspired stuff and more simpler outings so when I say that about Gloomhaven it's really because the style isn't really my jam.

Mage Knight is something of a complexity running joke in our group simply because it's never been played, it remains in our friends cupboard as apparently it's just too much to take in and we don't have time to learn it.

In general though my board game preferences are less of the D&D inspired stuff and more simpler outings so when I say that about Gloomhaven it's really because the style isn't really my jam.

Thats cool, friend. Honestly, Mage Knight has that reputation but when you actually play it, it really isn't so bad. It is when elemental damage and resistances come into it, or assaulting cities co-operatively, that it becomes a mindfuck. At the end of the day it really is "I have 5 cards here, and they let me do X, Y or Z" and you plan your turn around that.

I prefer less heavy games too though and mainly play Mage Knight solitaire when I am bored. Inis has been me and my friends favorite game lately. There are only three victory conditions and it takes 5 minutes to learn, but it is fucking awesome in many, many ways. Especially if you like card drafting and Irish and Celtic mythology.

The teams that will be running the league in a few years will be the Spurs and Celtics. Boston's roster is going to get loaded fast and the Spurs are always good.
Celtics ain't going no where. They're bigs suck.

And UCLA wasn't stack. Too many flaws. They were thw Wizards are NCAA

Kaladin

Pfffft. Board games are the best. Everyone complains about how shit and mindless video games are and wants co-op RPGs without the hassle of D&D and nobody talks about Gloomhaven.

I backed the recent Gloomhaven kickstarter because it looks like what I want in a D&D style co-op RPG. Plus it's freakin' huge where as the actual D&D board games are one scenario.

I backed the recent Gloomhaven kickstarter because it looks like what I want in a D&D style co-op RPG. Plus it's freakin' huge where as the actual D&D board games are one scenario.

He added so many scenarios in the reprint too. I think it ships with 110-120 scenarios now? And it is like $10 for a dozen or so single player scenarios too. Crazy amount of content and how the scenarios shape and change the game world is really cool. It really feels like a living game the more you go through it and the more everything opens up.

I hope you enjoy it!

(I still really recommend people look up Inis. There is even a DEMON KING BALOR ultra special card)

Kaladin

He added so many scenarios in the reprint too. I think it ships with 110-120 scenarios now? And it is like $10 for a dozen or so single player scenarios too. Crazy amount of content and how the scenarios shape and change the game world is really cool. It really feels like a living game the more you go through it and the more everything opens up.

I hope you enjoy it!

I'm looking forward to it. I even got the vinyl replaceable stickers pack so we can re-play it.

Beefy

The biggest problems with Destiny were the lack of content and story. Wonder if they fixed any of that. Too bad the Bungie that gave us Halo 1 and 2 is gone

3 planets and a moon in the base game of Destiny 2. So have a guess if there is loads of content? Lol

Also no new race of aliens either. You have people defending it already by saying it would go against the lore if they did haha

I'm looking forward to it. I even got the vinyl replaceable stickers pack so we can re-play it.

Good idea! I think I will pick those up too. I feel really weird about Legacy style games, even if you get so many hours out of them. It still feels wrong to me in a way. You should have a blast.

On the other hand there is stuff like the Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective games. Once you solve the mystery you cant really replay them, but that still feels better to me than tearing up cards, writing on the board or putting stickers down etc.

Kaladin

Good idea! I think I will pick those up too. I feel really weird about Legacy style games, even if you get so many hours out of them. It still feels wrong to me in a way. You should have a blast.

On the other hand there is stuff like the Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective games. Once you solve the mystery you cant really replay them, but that still feels better to me than tearing up cards, writing on the board or putting stickers down etc.

Yeah, I like the idea of a Legacy game. Had my eyes on one since Seafall. But the completionist in me wants to keep everything in tact so I can go back and play the things I didn't get the first time around.

Sephzilla

Apparently Destiny still doesn't have raid matchmaking. This is coming from Bungie, the company that basically pioneered modern matchmaking

-Stronger focus on story/campaign (we'll see how it pans out, obviously)
-More interesting looking areas
-More things to do in areas, treasure maps, hidden areas with bosses
-QOL stuff
-Matchmaking based on clans for endgame stuff

The 4v4 thing isn't necessarily a bad thing yet, they're designing maps/modes for it.

I didn't care about the solo stuff at all in the first game but I'm actually interested in it this time (until I'm sure it eventually turns into dumb grindy bullshit)

Top Bottom