• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

I'm kinda curious about the Universal Monsterverse. Like, how will they handle all of these iconic monsters being in the world at the same time? The Mummy has some incredible powers in this verse, you can only assume Dracula, Wolfman and others have equally impressive powers, how will simple humans handle such legends when they're combined?

Tom Cruise is gonna fuck that mummy. That's how you handle it. Make the monsters sexy.

Sephzilla

The problem I have with the new Mummy movie is that it's not going to be as good as the Brendan Fraser one (or even the sequel). That movie was basically the real Indiana Jones 4

Kaladin

The problem I have with the new Mummy movie is that it's not going to be as good as the Brendan Fraser one (or even the sequel). That movie was basically the real Indiana Jones 4

You basically have to separate it in your mind from the Brendan Fraser movie. It's an entirely different beast.

ReiGun

Remember the best WrassleGAF meltdown?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=44239277&postcount=4241

Dude went batshit over fucking TNA of all things haha.

Me reading this: "Well he hasn't called him the f-word...Oh wait there we go. Well at least he refrained from the n-wo....Nope. No, there it is."

One of my favorite things about Gaf is that so many refuse to just stop posting when they don't like it here anymore. No, we get epic meltdowns like ya mans here.

Menome

Not even their recent mic work? Thwir promos the last couple weeks have been killer.

I just don't...get it? Maybe there's a facet of American culture that I'm just oblivious to that they're drawing from, but I just find myself feeling puzzled after a promo by them recently, outside of the cheap insults.

Until this current movie started getting promoted I didn't even realize that the Fraser mummy movies were supposed to be reimagined versions of the Universal movie. It's weird thinking of it that way nowadays

03_Gallows_Anderson__04242017rf_0105--c751ca166600f73b034c49350d1ba986.jpg

Sephzilla

Extended Universes are a thing, you can thank Marvel for that. Now we've got Monsterverse, Kaijuverse and Shyamalanverse. I expect we'll see more in the years to come.

I'm legitimately hyped for the Kaijuverse and Shyamalanverse. Monsterverse is IDK territory right now. DCEU is a dumpster fire. Sony is still trying to do their own Spidey universe but LOL that isn't happening.

It would be a rights nightmare but I'd like to see a Horroverse with Jason, Freddy, Ash, The Ring, etc.

Beefy

I'm legitimately hyped for the Kaijuverse and Shyamalanverse. Monsterverse is IDK territory right now. DCEU is a dumpster fire. Sony is still trying to do their own Spidey universe but LOL that isn't happeniing.

It would be a rights nightmare but I'd like to see a Horroverse with Jason, Freddy, Ash, The Ring, etc.

I just want Disney to buy Fantastic Four and Xmen. Then actually make good films about them.

Fox318

They look like the kids that always hang out with that math thatcher because he lets lets them play on their game boys during lunch in class.

Kaladin

I'd say that title goes to The Avengers, partially because it was the movie he had the least chance to fuck up

The Avengers was easy and practically wrote itself. Cabin In The Woods was an original creation that drew upon what he had done in the TV world and brought it into an epic horror film.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
IJ2 is probably the most addicted I've been to a game this year

loot totally works in a fighting game for someone who mostly plays solo/local mp.

Menome

Joss Whedon is a far better comic-book writer than he is a television/film person. Hats off to him for where he's gotten, but god damn if I've not hated everything he's filmed except the two Avengers films and Cabin.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
i fell asleep during age of ultron

i didnt pay for it though so whatever. i just remember thinking 'boy all these scenes were just made to sell toys huh?'

Sephzilla

Anytime something goes wrong with a movie Joss Whedon is also the first guy to throw someone else under the bus for it, too. He did that with Alien 4 and Avengers 2 initially

Sephzilla

Marvel should try to get the Fantastic Four villains rights. I could care less about the Fantastic Four themselves but the MCU needs Doctor fucking Doom and the cosmic universe stuff.

Pikma

Banned
Pretty funny how NJPW is better at creating brands that sell a lot of merchandise by themselves (mainly stables/factions), meanwhile in WWE all they do is hope some kind of catchphrase or anything stupid like that catches on and even then it's highly dependent on the guy's/girl's overall popularity. All while branding is supposed to be WWE's strength😂

Sephzilla

I'll admit that when Whedon was announced for Batgirl my pro wrestling sensors went off

My first thought was "oh, Joss wants to do a superhero movie again... who does he have the urge to pointlessly kill off now?" Because Joss Whedon doesn't know how to do character deaths beyond shock value deaths. Which might be part of the reason I don't like Cabin in the Woods that much. I'm admittedly a bit salty because thanks to Whedon the secret best MCU character can't show up in the movies anymore

Marvel-SHIELD-Pilot-Agent-Coulson.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Pretty funny how NJPW is better at creating brands that sell a lot of merchandise by themselves (mainly stables/factions), meanwhile in WWE all they do is hope some kind of catchphrase or anything stupid like that catches on and even then it's highly dependent on the guy's/girl's overall popularity. All while branding is supposed to be WWE's strength😂

isnt NJPW's top selling brand something they jacked from CMLL by finally cashing in on the guy they kept under tana and okada's heel for years

Extended Universes are a thing, you can thank Marvel for that. Now we've got Monsterverse, Kaijuverse and Shyamalanverse. I expect we'll see more in the years to come.

I've got no problem with EUs

Like of all the problems I have with this, it existing isn't one. The company doing their damndest to have it exist as a cheesy action franchise instead of the legit spooky horror series the original movies started out as/became famous for is the first (possibly biggest) one that comes to mind, and having shit movie stars be in it (Tom Cruise for Mummy, Luke Evans for Dracula Untold) another. I already hated the Fraser Mummys for starting that trend essentially

I don't want to hear anybody talking about how awesome it is when the fucking Creature from the Black Lagoon does slowmo kung fu in the trailer for its movie, because you know it's coming and it's absolute shit

Sephzilla

I feel like they shouldn't announce the plans for expanded universe before one movie is even out. Because then if the movie flops, the plans just go to shit.

It's funny that everyone follows the MCU pattern yet ignore the fact that the first Iron Man movie was a standalone movie that didn't become a cinematic universe launchpad until it was close to done. From what I remember the post-credits Sam Jackson thing happened pretty late.

Top Bottom