• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

Menome

That just reinforces the power of your curse.

Had you actually bet on her she would have broken her neck walking to the match.

I may be somewhere in the region of £200 out of pocket, but at least I saved a life.

I'm just...going to go cry a bit over in that corner. Over how happy I am she's alive.

CP Munk making his long awaited return

latest

Pikma

Banned
Meltzer this morning re-iterated WWE's stance on indies.

They have no issue with them existing and actually like them as places that create talent, but they want to expand in such a way that it prevents any of those indies from ever getting above a certain level of notoriety and becoming competition. So basically, they don't want to own everything, they just want to own enough so that no one else can ever sneak up on them and surpass them.
So how will they try and stop NJPW? It'll definitely not be as easy as pushing down a regular indie promotion

So how will they try and stop NJPW? It'll definitely not be as easy as pushing down a regular indie promotion

By making Kenny Omega a ridiculous offer in January and The Young Bucks a similarly ridiculous offer whenever their ROH/NJPW combo contract expires. That hurts US expansion and keeps them at a certain level. And they'll pick off guys after that if anyone starts to get too much buzz.

If they really wanted to, they have enough money to throw at a lot of these guys that they'd be absolutely idiotic to turn down. Now of course, there are a subset of guys who are "in it for the art" that would turn down a lot of money, but there are much fewer of those guys than most people seem to think.

It's like Dave said when the Long Beach shows sold out, don't think WWE doesn't see that. They noticed that, and are paying attention to how the AXS shows do. Everyone is. If they do really well, WWE will react to that.

Anth0ny

It's like Dave said when the Long Beach shows sold out, don't think WWE doesn't see that. They noticed that, and are paying attention to how the AXS shows do. Everyone is. If they do really well, WWE will react to that.

New Japan just has to establish itself as a viable alternative to WWE.

WWE will try to steal talent with $$$. How can New Japan prevent that?

Is Bryan and Punk the key? How about the Hulkster?

I fucking found out the origin of that weird jump thing you might have seen Japanese wrestlers doing in UWF, Michinoku Pro, Osaka Pro, etc over the years;

MOZsib0.gif

You have no idea how happy this makes me. Now I just need a Japanese person to explain why it's funny and why Hamada's UWF students started doing it :p

Man, I had no idea the whole new season of Twin Peaks is directed by Lynch.

I was a hardcore Lynch and Twin Peaks mark back in my day, but I'm kinda not interested in the new stuff. Sadly I can't imagine Lynch making anything interesting or relevant nowadays.

I'll be watching Backlash.

Zach

David Lynch has never seemed irrelevant to me. I hope to never know that feeling.

But hey, maybe word-of-mouth will change your mind later on, wild wild rice. Or maybe it'll turn out to be a disaster and you'll be right to watch WWE Backlash 2017. >_____>

(I'm serious. xoxo)

David Lynch has never seemed irrelevant to me. I hope to never know that feeling.

But hey, maybe word-of-mouth will change your mind later on, wild wild rice. Or maybe it'll turn out to be a disaster and you'll be right to watch WWE Backlash 2017. >_____>

(I'm serious. xoxo)

I'm basically waiting for word of mouth.

I think Lynch is a bit irrelevant to me personally for a couple reasons. One being I was really deeply into his stuff and felt connected to it at one point in time, but today I'm a different person who's interested in different things. The other reason being that I waited so long for something new after Inland Empire that I gradually lost interest over time.

Edit: Damn, Inland Empire came out in 2006. I saw it in a movie theater. It's been a while

All hail the Maharaja.

I'm not going to watch it straight away as I don't want to be disappointed. If the feedback is that he's recaptured the vibe of TP season 1 then it's on like donkey kong's schlong.

Top Bottom