• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

So um

Remember that carny Japanese women's MMA fight that got announced that I told yall about? Between the 12 year old and the 24 year old?

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/44868-deep-jewels-16 was last night. 12 year old girl won by submission in just about 3 minutes
tumblr_inline_ooi983QvTy1qc4uvh_250.gif

Slizz

Urban Uso's are def better. Though I think they might be too Urban for the average WWE viewer. I love their shit, it really does remind me of people in Miami and I'm sure other urban sprawling places.

Anth0ny

jenniferlawrenceyeahokay.jpg

even if it was true how the fuck would they make a profit back of giving out one million to get punk in

probably worth it for the increased gate + advertising they got out of this whole story

if he actually goes it would be big. new japan should also open the chequebook at that point, too.

Syder

Yeeeeeeeah, I'm just about done hearing people talk about why Bate/Dunne is or isn't a 5* match in various places.

Some people need to stop taking Meltzer's assessments as gospel. He's consistently too forgiving of some matches and is way too harsh on others.

The match was legitimately fantastic. Tyler Bate & Pete Dunne shut me the fuck up and it raised the bar for NXT matches. It wasn't a 5* match for me but it was still the MOTN by an absolute mile and is in with a good chance of being the best WWE-branded match all year. 👏🏻 👏🏻 👏🏻

imBask

Banned
jenniferlawrenceyeahokay.jpg

even if it was true how the fuck would they make a profit back of giving out one million to get punk in

if they setup a paid streaming service, they'll get their money back easily.

I think you guys are underestimating the star power of Punk

EDIT: it's a fake twitter account

Yeeeeeeeah, I'm just about done hearing people talk about why Bate/Dunne is or isn't a 5* match in various places.

Some people need to stop taking Meltzer's assessments as gospel. He's consistently too forgiving of some matches and is way too harsh on others.

The match was legitimately fantastic. Tyler Bate & Pete Dunne shut me the fuck up and it raised the bar for NXT matches. It wasn't a 5* match for me but it was still the MOTN by an absolute mile and is in with a good chance of being the best WWE-branded match all year. 👏🏻 👏🏻 👏🏻

I wonder if he's gotten a lot of death threats for his star ratings. if Bate vs Dunne was a video game I'm sure he'd have his share already.

Hex

Banned

I have to wonder, what would the reaction have been if the match was on a Raw or normal ppv.
The match was fantastic, but the main roster audiences have been known to disrespect great matches.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Dave is clearly a weeaboo. He used to be half weeaboo, half southern wrasslin apologist before southern wrasslin disappeared.

As expected, it's BS. That Twitter account is fake.

I have to wonder, what would the reaction have been if the match was on a Raw or normal ppv.
The match was fantastic, but the main roster audiences have been known to disrespect great matches.

Not always. PPV crowds are usually good. Raw crowds are hit or miss but they usually get up for great matches (non-CW). They are rarely quite as hot as the crowd last night, but disrespect is too strong a word IMO.

Syder

People that go to main roster shows just aren't that discerning when it comes to good wrestling. They want to see big names and chant. If they cared to see entertaining in-ring action, Enzo & Cass wouldn't be over.
I hate NXT crowds but their attitude towards good wrestling is much more healthy. Apart from the CM Punk chant after Itami's GTS, which kinda bugged me, they were on decent form last night.

Dave is clearly a weeaboo. He used to be half weeaboo, half southern wrasslin apologist before southern wrasslin disappeared.
The UK Championship match didn't have Japanese girls squealing 'BATE-UUUUUUU!' and 'DUNNE-UUUUUUU!', so it's never 5* worthy.

I'll never get tired of people getting hot and bothered over meltz ratings.

That's the best wrestling lol

Well, that and british catch as catch can

Hmm... there's speculation starting that WWE may be looking into a partnership with AJPW or even outright buying the promotion.

Kidani hinted earlier this year that he thought WWE would buy a Japanese promotion to expedite a Japanese expansion.

Maybe AJPW on the Network like they were looking at with Progress and ICW?

Hmm... there's speculation starting that WWE may be looking into a partnership with AJPW or even outright buying the promotion.

Kidani hinted earlier this year that he thought WWE would buy a Japanese promotion to expedite a Japanese expansion.

Well that's depressing as hell.

My boy Zeus about to get the rocket

Meltzer this morning re-iterated WWE's stance on indies.

They have no issue with them existing and actually like them as places that create talent, but they want to expand in such a way that it prevents any of those indies from ever getting above a certain level of notoriety and becoming competition. So basically, they don't want to own everything, they just want to own enough so that no one else can ever sneak up on them and surpass them.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That just reinforces the power of your curse.

Had you actually bet on her she would have broken her neck walking to the match.

Top Bottom