• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

Caderfix

I hope the same happens for, at least, the next 12 community threads.

Edit: For the new page
giphy.gif

I'm going to give Backlash a chance but I have very low expectations.

I'll watch Twin Peaks tonight. My friend is coming around for dinner and drinks and she is a huge fan too. Hopefully it is good. Im excited as fuck.

Syder

I kinda feel like Backlash is unmissable just because of the possibility of Nakamura losing/Mahal winning the WWE title...

I wonder if they just don't even bother having Black in the title picture

Dude is ready

The only reason not to bring him up right now is because of Balor

Foggy

If WWE buys AJPW, I wonder how much of their back catalogue they would get. I wonder how autonomously they would let them operate.

Hard to say, but I think the audience that they have would jump ship very quickly. Regardless, I don't think they'd send Regal for that. It might just be to scout Zeus and Miyahara for their regional NXT nonsense they've flirted with.

Even for the back catalogue I'd be shocked if they put something up on the network without subs.

Hasney

Such a great main event too with Neville teasing going heel the whole feud and still trying to find shortcuts, but never turning. Just so well executed.

Balor had already lost it at that point.

The last time Face v Face was the main event must have been TakeOver: R Evolution, right?

NXT_TakeOver_R_Evolution_poster.png

The golden era of NXT
....and the Ascension

That main event was one of those near picture perfect matches where everything came together wonderfully, still the NXT match to beat if I put aside my love for Bayley/Banks.

Guys, got my fizzy pop and salty snacks, ready to stay up late and watch Nak have an epic match with Dol.... hahaha, fuck that. I'm going to bed now so I can get up early to watch Twin Peaks.

Hard to say, but I think the audience that they have would jump ship very quickly. Regardless, I don't think they'd send Regal for that. It might just be to scout Zeus and Miyahara for their regional NXT nonsense they've flirted with.

Even for the back catalogue I'd be shocked if they put something up on the network without subs.

Yeah I think you are probably right. Its hard to see them just outright buying them. 9n the other hand it is even a bit hard to see them going after guys like Miyahara for their own product. I guess we'll see.

If WWE buys AJPW, I wonder how much of their back catalogue they would get. I wonder how autonomously they would let them operate.

Pretty much none of it. AJPW isn't even technically the same company anymore and the pre-2012 footage rights are completely up in the air, most likely owned primarily by NTV and in part by batshit insane former owner Shiraishi.

somedevil

From Christian and Edge podcast. A horrible idea pitched to Christian by a writer:

The Rock had been going off doing movies and stuff like that, so he was taking extended periods of time off. … I had a one-on-one meeting backstage with the Rock and he kind of anointed me his favorite wrestler and was trying to pump me up, but unbeknownst to me, he was trying to get me to take a bullet for him with Goldberg. That was the backstory. So when he wasn’t there I was doing my talking as “The Rock’s Favorite Wrestler” and I took upon myself to do the Rock’s work for him. So, one day I get home, and I get this call [from someone in WWE creative]. They’re like ‘Hey, they kinda want you to do this thing where you think you become The Rock. We want you to do the eyebrow thing, cut your hair real short, and, you know, the Rock wears black, so you’ll where white and you’re gonna use all his catchphrases and you’re gonna act like The Rock and pretend you’re The Rock and you’re gonna be The Rock. But we’re not gonna call you The Rock.’ They were gonna call me, are you ready or this, wait for it … wait for it … ‘The Lock’. Because anytime I went to the ring, it was a lock I was going to win.”

Vince turned this idea down because he thought it was stupid.

Top Bottom