• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

I'm pretty apathetic to this at this point. I mean, Jinder as champ will be awful, but it'd be difficult to be worse then Orton was.

I kind of feel the same way. I'm happy for Jinder, he seems like a great and well liked guy backstage and diversity in WWE is always good but I still don't see what is compelling about him. Nothing stands out as being particularly good to me and I worry after the honeymoon period people will sharply turn on the guy. I'm willing to give it a chance and see what they do but it is hardly like "fuck, I need to tune in to see Jinder Mahall on SD tonight."

Annnyway, that still wasn't as disappointing as the Nakamura match.

Hasney

No one has ever said a TV wrestling show is worth tuning in for due to the champ since 2000.

tumblr_oddjguj4mJ1qf5m9vo3_400.gif

No one has ever said a TV wrestling show is worth tuning in for due to the champ since 2000.

He wouldn't be a reason for me to tune in champ or no.

I don't even know what I would be excited about seeing him do. Mediocre matches? Average promos? So-so charisma?

I'm happy people are happy about him being in the spot he is in, I just don't get it.

Pikma

Banned
If you were disappointed about Nakamura's match then your expectations were fucked up right from the beginning, you just needed to look at who he'd be facing to realize what you'd get out of that match. Not even AJ Styles was able to get a remarkable match out of Dolph Ziggler a couple of months ago.

If you were disappointed about Nakamura's match then your expectations were fucked up right from the beginning, you just needed to look at who he'd be facing to realize what you'd get out of that match. Not even AJ Styles was able to get a remarkable match out of Dolph Ziggler a couple of months ago.

I'm disappointed with the way it was booked. Having Ziggler do 90% of the offense makes him look like a total jabronie because nobody has taken Ziggler seriously in fucking ages.

I said yesterday it was probably going to be a disappointing match because Nak would phone it in owing to him being over via his entrance and charisma. That happened, but the amount of selling/Cena booking made it worse.

Pikma

Banned
I'm disappointed with the way it was booked. Having Ziggler do 90% of the offense makes him look like a total jabronie because nobody has taken Ziggler seriously in fucking ages.

I said yesterday it was probably going to be a disappointing match because Nak would phone it in owing to him being over via his entrance and charisma. That happened, but the amount of selling/Cena booking made it worse.
I never saw any of this, but even if I fucking despise Ziggler I can tell he's always booked like a strong competitor, who more often than not ends up doing just the job, but strong nonetheless.

Jinder > Taichi

This, I can agree with.

I never saw any of this, but even if I fucking despise Ziggler I can tell he's always booked like a strong competitor, who more often than not ends up doing just the job, but strong nonetheless.

You think Nakamura had more offense in this match today? Or it was 50/50?

What about all of last year where Ziggler was doing the job to Kalisto and others and made to look totally foolish?

Pikma

Banned
iirc the only time Ziggler lost to Kalisto was in that handicap match where he ended up burying both minority guys anyway but maybe I'm wrong

I still don't get Taichi's tearaway pants spot...

Omg Taichi vs Dragon Lee wtf....

Taichi pinned Lee lmao

Awww they did the Young Lions give the shirts off their backs to conceal Lee's face after a post match mask removal

iirc the only time Ziggler lost to Kalisto was in that handicap match where he ended up burying both minority guys anyway but maybe I'm wrong

Well, I may be wrong. I just remember him going out, looking like an idiot and doing the job again and again. He didn't look credible in any way since the match he had with the Miz. Which is why it seemed so weird today, for me. Thats how I perceived it anyway.

Pikma

Banned
Well, I may be wrong. I just remember him going out, looking like an idiot and doing the job again and again. He didn't look credible in any way since the match he had with the Miz. Which is why it seemed so weird today, for me. Thats how I perceived it anyway.
Well, SD roster is pretty shallow and even if Ziggler has been made look like shit before he has a pretty defined role in the midcard, I actually think it's pretty similar to AJ's debut feud with Jericho, except people hate Ziggler more than they did Jericho back then, and both ended up having equally bad matches. Back then Jericho was being booked better than Ziggler is right now but then again he did beat AJ twice during that feud and ultimately winning it so...

And about the lolcenawins I guess there may be some of that, like him kicking out of Ziggler's finisher, but I guess that's just the way Vince likes to book their top babyfaces, and with someone like Nak I'll take that over having him, again, start by doing the job like AJ did.

Well, SD roster is pretty shallow and even if Ziggler has been made look like shit before he has a pretty defined role in the midcard, I actually think it's pretty similar to AJ's debut feud with Jericho, except people hate Ziggler more than they did Jericho back then, and both ended up having equally bad matches. Back then Jericho was being booked better than Ziggler is right now but then again he did beat AJ twice during that feud and ultimately winning it so...

And about the lolcenawins I guess there may be some of that, like him kicking out of Ziggler's finisher, but I guess that's just the way Vince likes to book their top babyfaces, and with someone like Nak I'll take that over having him, again, start by doing the job like AJ did.

I probably come across more negative than I actually feel, which is often the case. I probably just wanted Nak to knee his head in and be done with it because I can't stand Ziggler.

You are right about Jericho and AJ. Those matches were very underwhelming and everything turned out fine. No reason why it can't be the case again here. I just really felt like the match didn't do much for anyone, like I said, my perceptions may have been wrong either way.

Browny

Banned

Owens' Twitter will always be a high spot of the day.

I have no problem with Jinder getting a run... Admittedly there are half a dozen guys who you could say "deserve it" more, but give the guy a chance. He has a couple of lackies, has some heat, so let's see where it goes.

Cena vs Orton at SS for reign no. 17.

Adree

I still don't get Taichi's tearaway pants spot...

Omg Taichi vs Dragon Lee wtf....

Taichi pinned Lee lmao

Awww they did the Young Lions give the shirts off their backs to conceal Lee's face after a post match mask removal

Dragon Lee's had his mask off so much this year he should just have a gimmick where it falls off all the time but he still tries to protect the "mystery."

Caderfix

Well, this is indeed the worst timeline. I have no interest in watching even SD at this point.

When you think things are getting better, awful foreigner gimmicks show up and the most Vince Mcmahon move you can think of is made while they fumble everything else.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I literally just woke up and said "lol Jinder is the champion"

NJPW, "BEST OF THE SUPER JR. 24 - DAY 5", 2017/05/22
Korakuen Hall

1. Hirai Kawato & Tomoyuki Oka vs Katsuya Kitamura & Shota Umino
2. Will Ospreay & Jado vs Taichi & TAKA Michinoku
3. Raymond Rowe, Hanson, David Finlay & Ricochet vs Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa, Yujiro Takahashi & Marty Scurll
4. Satoshi Kojima, Juice Robinson, Jushin Liger & Dragon Lee vs Tetsuya Naito, SANADA, EVIL & Hiromu Takahashi
5. BoSJ Block B Match: Volador Jr. vs Yoshinobu Kanemaru
6. BoSJ Block B Match: Tiger Mask vs ACH
7. BoSJ Block B Match: Ryusuke Taguchi vs El Desperado
8. BoSJ Block B Match: KUSHIDA vs BUSHI

Not the most exciting set of block matches today, although KUSHIDA vs BUSHI should be interesting.

Forkball

I need to hinder Jinder.

Out of all the terrible booking decisions since Wrestlemania, Mahal winning the WWE Championship is perhaps the worst. I mean what happened? I thought that Mania was good, as was the build up. Did they fire the writing team? Out of a cannon? Has anyone seen them since?

Look, we all know they essentially book week to week. Anytime we get a long-term build ala Jericho/KO is almost sheer luck and/or intense meddling from the performers. However, this is perhaps one of the most blatant cases of them coming up with a dumb idea out of thin air and forcing people to accept it. Jinder Mahal was jobbing to Sami Zayn and Mojo Rawley in April. This happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btnjw02suDg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6rFqGNe474

Nothing matters in the WWE. It doesn't matter who wins or who loses or why people are feuding. Things change instantly for no reason. If you wanted to push Jinder, you could have done a better job starting at Mania. Have him win the Andre the Giant Battle Royal. Have him win every match until now. But no, they wanted the Gronk rub so they gave the victory to Mojo Rawley, who has done nothing since (except pin current WWE champion clean). I'm not saying Mojo Rawley should have a title shot, but what's the point of him winning at Mania?

Jinder is not a good performer right now. He got juiced. That's it. His promos are generic as is his in-ring. There is nothing special about him at all compared to the rest of the roster. What is the difference between Jinder and Cesaro? It's not like Jinder is better on the mic, and he's certainly not better in the ring. And Rusev, someone who has a similar gimmick, would be significantly better in this position.

I just don't see why anyone should care about anything that happens in the WWE from a storyline perspective. Why should I care about a feud when viewers don't see any progression? People are hyper pushed out of the blue on a whim so no one should be invested in anyone.

What babyface have they built up to take the title from Jinder? I'm out of the loop on the weekly stuff for the most part so it comes across as a Slaughter/Hogan type thing from what gets discussed on social media.

Top Bottom