• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

LOL from jobber to WWE champion in a month.

I'd probably be annoyed if Randy was interesting/entertaining... Or if I haven't already pretty much cut out Smackdown too.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
KO just went aroud his giant face in the ground, I assume to not step on it... thats an amazing little detail

shaowebb

Too bad their was hardly any other excitement the rest of the match with midcarder Mahal slowing things down to a dull drone.
Best part of the match and it wasn't even a Jinder's spot.
E1FANQM.gif

DMczaf

I just can't get over how bad Jinder's backne is.

He's the most obvious case of Steroid abuse in a long ass time, and was still rewarded.

Vince is desperate

Yeah, that WCPW stuff is nuts. Beyond had it really bad as well, say what you want about building your business on another platform, but the alternative is no business. I'm hoping that What Culture's campaign works out for everyone, rather than the sweetheart deal YouTube gave WWE.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
KO vs AJ was fantastic, shocking I know. Not even mad about the count out, since it clearly means they will have another match.

AJ "slipping" on the top rope because of the bad leg ws so well done, the dude is ridiculously above everyone else, if he doesnt get his "Wrestlemania moment", aka win a title on a WM main event (or co-main event whatever), its a crime.

I consider myself pretty seasoned to watching, listening to and living some pretty weird shit but the last 20 minutes of that episode. What in the absolute fuck.

For real, holy shit. What a fucking show.

James <3

Zach

Hey, what's Rusev up to? Is it possible we could see a face Rusev feud with Jinder? I still want Rusev to be The Man. Woo!

Woo!

Wooooooo!

Awesome to see Dunne & Bate getting so much love from the wrestling world. If I'd said a year ago that those guys had the potential to put on the best match on an NXT TakeOver card, the majority of WrassleGAF would have laughed at the idea, called them vanilla midgets, or just shat on the UK wrestling scene in general.

I finally watched this match and it was easily one of the best I've seen out of my time watching NXT. I know Trent isn't wwe quality but I would love to see those three do their thing in WWE.

I think above all it shows how little the performance center can do for people. Guys have spent 2/3/4 years down there and we're a fraction of the potential in that match.

Team Jinder. So what the push was quick? A quick, seemingly undeserving push giving Jinder Roman heat would be absolutely perfect as people would tune in to see him lose. Jinder has a great look, and now the title. As long as they keep it on him and don't job him out a month later like they did with Bray Wyatt he'll be a great heel champion.

Great win.
a guy on steroids and the wwe champion

Jinder Mahal is the only guy in WWE on steroids.

Rhaknar

that Harper / Rowan ending seemed super botched

So was the main PPV any good or should I just watch BOTSJ again?

Owens vs AJ fantastic

Nak v Ziggles good but not close to great

Women's tag match... whatever

Tag title match great if you love comedy

Harper vs Rowan decent but dead crowd and a total shit ending.

Orton vs Jinder... eventful and better than it had any business being. Crowd helped

Team Jinder. So what the push was quick? A quick, seemingly undeserving push giving Jinder Roman heat would be absolutely perfect as people would tune in to see him lose. Jinder has a great look, and now the title. As long as they keep it on him and don't job him out a month later like they did with Bray Wyatt he'll be a great heel champion.

Great win.

They couldn't sell out a PPV in Chicago with Jinder in the main event, and you are selling me people tuning in to see him lose? Nobody thinks Jinder is ever going to be "the guy" like Roman, there is absolutely no comparison. Jinder is a desperation India play combined with Vince's physique fascination, nothing more. The next dollar or rating Jinder draws (if ever) will be the first

I think above all it shows how little the performance center can do for people. Guys have spent 2/3/4 years down there and we're a fraction of the potential in that match.

Apparently the roster's so bloated now that a lot of talent aren't getting the in-ring time they need (obviously not including house show matches). Compare that to an indie wrestler in an active scene like the UK, Pete Dunne for instance - in two weeks last month he'd wrestled against a hugely diverse range of talent: Omega, The Bucks, Penta, Fenix, Havoc, Scurll, Callihan, Tyler, Thatcher, WALTER, Dieter Jr, Joe Coffey & Matt Riddle. I don't care how advanced the performance centre is, you can't get that kind of experience there.

Rhaknar

Lets go Jinder

Jinder sucks

See the problem with being that smarky is that they just go "see, they do it for everyone not just Roman"

Caderfix

It has the opposite effect on me. I don't want to tune in at all.

I'll give Smackdown the RAW treatment. I'll just watch "review a smackdown" instead.

Not even close to being the only one, friend haha People suggesting so are crazy.

Rhaknar

by the way Im actually into Jinder's look. He looks cartoonishly evil, which I like.

In the end I look at wrestling like horror movies... so bad it's good is a thing for me.

This is funny to me ergo I enjoy it...

Everything but the sound of crickets goes away

Ehh he's actually gotten crowd reactions, problem is no one will pay to see him...

He's actually one of the only guys who can get heat... but getting heat and drawing money are not always connected

Hasney

I haven't watched Smackdown since he started getting pushed so I have no idea why that would change until it's clear the whole show is changing direction. I don't want to watch him win, or lose. I don't want to watch him at all.

They couldn't sell out a PPV in Chicago with Jinder in the main event, and you are selling me people tuning in to see him lose?

Yes? Building a new main event heel is a slow process, and Jinder was a jobber just over a month ago. WWE surely has accounted for this.

Jinder has good heat, but before last night had no legitimacy. Now he does, and the longer he holds the title without 'deserving'* it, the more heat he will get. I don't get you guys sometimes. You complain about building guys slow, but then also complain when a guy doesn't immediately draw. Give the dude a minute to breathe.

* What the hell is this bullshit about "deserving" a title win? This is scripted entertainment. The story is what puts asses in seats, not who 'deserves' it the most. Jinder not 'deserving' to hold the title will just give him more heat, which is what WWE wants.

Doubt it.

----------------

Afternoon Wrasslegaf

It has the opposite effect on me. I don't want to tune in at all.

I'll give Smackdown the RAW treatment. I'll just watch "review a smackdown" instead.

Not even close to being the only one, friend haha People suggesting so are crazy.

thatsthejoke.gif

Apparently the roster's so bloated now that a lot of talent aren't getting the in-ring time they need (obviously not including house show matches). Compare that to an indie wrestler in an active scene like the UK, Pete Dunne for instance - in two weeks last month he'd wrestled against a hugely diverse range of talent: Omega, The Bucks, Penta, Fenix, Havoc, Scurll, Callihan, Tyler, Thatcher, WALTER, Dieter Jr, Joe Coffey & Matt Riddle. I don't care how advanced the performance centre is, you can't get that kind of experience there.

The best thing that could come out of the WWE Regionals would be proper excursions.

Rhaknar

Too bad their was hardly any other excitement the rest of the match with midcarder Mahal slowing things down to a dull drone.
Best part of the match and it wasn't even a Jinder's spot.
E1FANQM.gif

just got to that spot and lol at Randy's face :D

Top Bottom