• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

tm24

Things i just learned. Io Shirai was the girlfriend of NOSAWA that was involved in that weird marijuana painting setup from earlier this decade. That was a fun story

Caderfix

What babyface have they built up to take the title from Jinder? I'm out of the loop on the weekly stuff for the most part so it comes across as a Slaughter/Hogan type thing from what gets discussed on social media.

No babyface was built.

I have a feeling that anyone would be cheered vs Jinder, except for Roman. And the reason for the cheering would not be due to his heel work.

Regal's at Korakuen, watching the New Japan dojo boys tear it up.

Any idea when guys like Oka might start being regular roster guys?

Oka especially feels ready

It'll be a while yet, a year or so - he's only just debuted and most young lion runs are 1-2 years, then another year on excursion. They are very high on Oka though, and he's probably going to be ready sooner than some of the other lads, so it may be quicker for him - also, Kitamura will probably debut quicker than normal, not because he's especially talented, but because he's the oldest young lion by far at 31.

Regal's at Korakuen, watching the New Japan dojo boys tear it up.

It'll be a while yet, a year or so - he's only just debuted and most young lion runs are 1-2 years, then another year on excursion. They are very high on Oka though, and he's probably going to be ready sooner than some of the other lads, so it may be quicker for him - also, Kitamura will probably debut quicker than normal, not because he's especially talented, but because he's the oldest young lion by far at 31.

Can't wait.

Oka just has this it factor that shines through the Young Lion packaged presentation.

orioto

Good Art™
On mahal: you guys don't see it. I would see the coherence problem if he suddenly was booked as a strong guy out of nowhere. But he's booked as a fony who had luck, found himself a stable and cheated to win everyone of his match.

It's one od those rare instances where wwe has a surprise heel champ that actually don't deserve it at all and has no reason for fans to cheer him (yet trolls of chicago did lol).

On mahal: you guys don't see it. I would see the coherence problem if he suddenly was booked as a strong guy out of nowhere. But he's booked as a fony who had luck, found himself a stable and cheated to win everyone of his match.

It's one od those rare instances where wwe has a surprise heel champ that actually don't deserve it at all and has no reason for fans to cheer him (yet trolls of chicago did lol).

Agreed.

I think enough people are sick of Orton hence the pop for Jinder.

Yeah hard not to be high on Oka so far. Keen to see how he goes on excursion.

No babyface was built.

I have a feeling that anyone would be cheered vs Jinder, except for Roman. And the reason for the cheering would not be due to his heel work.

They probably could've booked Reigns as a solid 'look at this stupid guy' babyface. Like, cunt Hogan towards the end of his WWF run.

Can't wait.

Oka just has this it factor that shines through the Young Lion packaged presentation.

Keep an eye on the Lion's Gate shows, they're going to be running them much more regularly throughout the year and word is they'll start doing some storylines involving the young lions, Oka and Kitamura especially.

Keep an eye on the Lion's Gate shows, they're going to be running them much more regularly throughout the year and word is they'll start doing some storylines involving the young lions, Oka and Kitamura especially.

Awesome!

Will do.

Young Lions are such an interesting concept

Admittedly Taichi has a decent superkick... only thing decent about him though lol.

It's still kinda surreal how over Marty is with the Japanese crowd.

Cody must be jealous.

He's literally doing what Tozawa is doing in WWE lol

And good for him. He deserves it.

You see his killer match with Liger?

For a bunch of people I don't care about (everyone other than Scrull and Ricochet) that was a pretty sweet tag match.

Takahashi is going to murder Taichi when their BoSJ fight happens lol

UberTag

Fun fact time... Jinder Mahal is the first native-born Canadian to hold the primary WWE Championship title since Edge lost the title in that No Way Out pay-per-view where he juggled the world titles between two Elimination Chamber match appearances way back in February 2009. That's a drought of over 8 1/4 years.

Caderfix

I see it, it's just that 1 - it's not a good story and 2 - the performer is not good enough to pull it off.

It's a combination of bad booking and choice, in my opinion.

Omg

Want

newjapan2066_1.png

Rimfya

Banned
Sami and Tye both talked about wanting to chase the belt. What if Jinder begins a tidal wave of jobbers coming for the brass ring. And all the 'top guys' can't handle it.

UberTag

I just don't see why anyone should care about anything that happens in the WWE from a storyline perspective. Why should I care about a feud when viewers don't see any progression? People are hyper pushed out of the blue on a whim so no one should be invested in anyone.
They shouldn't care. They shouldn't spend their money to boo. And they shouldn't invest emotionally in that product until Vince McMahon is dead.

Sami and Tye both talked about wanting to chase the belt. What if Jinder begins a tidal wave of jobbers coming for the brass ring. And all the 'top guys' can't handle it.

Watch it just be an excuse to give Orton another reign... to get him close to Cena

Wow they are still high on Juice Robinson

UberTag

Backlash is the kind of bonkers pay-per-view they really ought to have held in Canada if they were going to book it the way they did.
Canadians cleaned up last night when you account for the wins of Mahal, Owens, Zayn, Dillinger and Natalya. Only Tyler Breeze struck out.

Dragon Lee is such a show off haha.

Also, those comments from KUSHIDA a few weeks back about how Lee would be so much better with more experience outside of CMLL...wouldn't be at all surprised to see him take an extended excursion to NJPW like Mascara Dorada did.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
fell asleep at the start of corbin v zayn (if I was at work I would have watched, oh well), is the rest worth checking out?

I actually havent seen results yet.

edit: lol why did I write Sayan, he's not Goku

Null

Neo Member
Wow Jinder is the champ now.

I haven’t been paying much attention to wwe since mania is his push just purely based on how ripped he is or am I missing something?

They shouldn't care. They shouldn't spend their money to boo. And they shouldn't invest emotionally in that product until Vince McMahon is dead.

Couldn't agree more. I used to get upset at bad booking decisions, but I'm just numb to it all now. When I hear/see that a suddenly jacked-up Jinder is being pushed out of nowhere and given the top belt, I just shrug my shoulders and say, "This is why they don't get a penny of my money and why my friends don't care about wrestling anymore". I used to shoot the shit with the guys at work on Tuesday about what happened on Raw the night before, but those days are LONG over. Vince has driven them all away, and that's what truly upsets me

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Sami as a punching bag is getting very old. I got it vs Braun, but why is it the same shit against Corbin. He isnt that much bigger than Sami.

GunBR

I'm the only one who liked Ziggler vs Nak?
It wasn't Nakamura vs Sami, but it was a fun match IMO

And about Ziggler, I understand that almost everyone (including me) don't care about him anymore, but he always booked strong. Last year he had that feud against Corbin, got a quick IC title reign and fought for the WWE title. Plus, he always get a reaction from the crowd. He isn't a jobber

Sami as a punching bag is getting very old. I got it vs Braun, but why is it the same shit against Corbin. He isnt that much bigger than Sami.

I'm just tired of Sami selling a injury in EVERY match
I know that he is supposed to be a underdog, but he ALWAYS got injured during the first half of his PPV matches (and sometimes even in the non-ppv matches)

Rhaknar

I'm the only one who liked Ziggler vs Nak?
It wasn't Nakamura vs Sami, but it was a fun match IMO

And about Ziggler, I understand that almost everyone (including me) don't care about him anymore, but he always booked strong. Last year he had that feud against Corbin, got a quick IC title reign and fought for the WWE title. Plus, he always get a reaction from the crowd. He isn't a jobber

it was fine. I think people still expect more than "fine" from Nak, but maybe they shouldnt :/

Good win for Sami I guess?

HeavenlyE

It's still kinda surreal how over Marty is with the Japanese crowd.

Cody must be jealous.

Cody isn't there often enough to be jealous, hes had like 4 matches in 5 months

also he got very good reactions in the bullet club 4 man tag matches, but his singles matches have had zero stakes unlike the bosj tournament. I'm a Cody Rhodes mark so I'm biased though

Cody isn't there often enough to be jealous, hes had like 4 matches in 5 months

also he got very good reactions in the bullet club 4 man tag matches, but his singles matches have had zero stakes unlike the bosj tournament. I'm a Cody Rhodes mark so I'm biased though

Scurll was over in his debut.

You could argue that Scurll's debut being such a success was helped by the more smarkish Korakuen crowd, but Cody still got the polite applause treatment in his debut vs Juice.

Cody'll get there though, he just needs to commit himself to New Japan if he wants a bigger role. I think he probably thought he could just saunter in and get that PPV match with Shibata he wanted.

Rhaknar

why the fuck is the women's champion in a meaningless 6-man tag match?

WOW, youtube are such a bunch of cunts;

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1spt1kl

Since the change the WCPW YouTube channel has seen its advertising income decimated, with our recent match between Alberto El Patron and Rey Mysterio Jr earning only $44 despite receiving over 1,100,000 views. This is a reduction of around 98% in what would have been Loaded’s main source of revenue.

Without that money, it is simply not possible to organise, set-up, manage, produce and edit a free-to-air show on the scale we had intended, and we’ve been left with no choice but to alter our business model. We’re not alone in this either, as other promotions, journalists, and fans have seen their ability to make a living from their content jeopardised entirely by this change.

There really needs to be a viable youtube alternative, that site is going completely to shit. Or, advertisers need to stop being so fucking precious about pro-wrestling.

That twin peaks last night though...

Honestly, I have been a huge fan of this series since I was probably about 17 and have been really anticipating this despite being somewhat skeptical. My fucking god. My fucking GOD.

WOW, youtube are such a bunch of cunts;

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1spt1kl

There really needs to be a viable youtube alternative, that site is going completely to shit. Or, advertisers need to stop being so fucking precious about pro-wrestling.

That really fucking sucks and is horrible.

Top Bottom