• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

I haven't watched Smackdown since he started getting pushed so I have no idea why that would change until it's clear the whole show is changing direction. I don't want to watch him win, or lose. I don't want to watch him at all.

You quit watching a show filled with wrestlers because one guy is champion? Smells like bullshit to me, sorry.

Hasney

You quit watching a show filled with wrestlers because one guy is champion? Smells like bullshit to me, sorry.

No, Jinder is just another symptom of shit. The writing has been hot garbage since after Mania and a bad TV program to watch. Which is a shame, because while Raw was always terrible, between the brand split and Mania, Smackdown was mostly a fun show.

Caderfix

* What the hell is this bullshit about "deserving" a title win? This is scripted entertainment. The story is what puts asses in seats, not who 'deserves' it the most. Jinder not 'deserving' to hold the title will just give him more heat, which is what WWE wants.

Being a performer able to make the story work makes one deserving, regardless of how old or experienced said person is. Based on everything I've seen since the start of the push, that is not the case for Jinder, he is just bad.

Your argument is a very well known argument around these parts, every heat is heat, but I disagree with that 100%, as I think there's distinction to be made between actual heat and people simply wanting the performer/character to go away, which is the case for most of Jinder's detractors I've seen.

I do find humour in some folks (not here) whining about Breezango being too comedy filled but many of the same people praised Elite vs Uptown Funk from OTT Scrappermania III which was nothing but comedy and high spots.....

Too bad their was hardly any other excitement the rest of the match with midcarder Mahal slowing things down to a dull drone.
Best part of the match and it wasn't even a Jinder's spot.
E1FANQM.gif

Didn't Randy get Kennedy fired because he landed wrong on a legitimate back suplex? It's like if somebody botches with him it's the most heinous thing a person can do (e.g. Kofi blowing a finish) yet when he nearly breaks someones neck he just pulls a goofy face. What a snowflake.

I do find humour in some folks (not here) whining about Breezango being too comedy filled but many of the same people praised Elite vs Uptown Funk from OTT Scrappermania III which was nothing but comedy and high spots.....
Because they're attached to wwe so no fun allowed. Match was legit hilarious and good in general.

Ithil

What babyface have they built up to take the title from Jinder? I'm out of the loop on the weekly stuff for the most part so it comes across as a Slaughter/Hogan type thing from what gets discussed on social media.

Going by his win loss record on TV since he returned a stiff breeze could take the title from him.
Go for it Tyler

I think so too. I still find myself MUCH preferring Omega's serious matches over his comedy ones. Unless it involves Yano where they play off each other so damn well (like G1 last year). But still. The stuff in the UK recently was awesome.

Alvarez shitting all over that match today pissed me off. It was a comedy match but it got over with the crowd and people will be looking forward to seeing them again. If Breezango went out with furrowed brows of worry and had a super serious match, no way they would have been received as well as they were today.

You gotta do what you gotta do.

Didn't Randy get Kennedy fired because he landed wrong on a legitimate back suplex? It's like if somebody botches with him it's the most heinous thing a person can do (e.g. Kofi blowing a finish) yet when he nearly breaks someones neck he just pulls a goofy face. What a snowflake.

Fuck Randy Orton...

Because they're attached to wwe so no fun allowed. Match was legit hilarious and good in general.

I think so too. I still find myself MUCH preferring Omega's serious matches over his comedy ones. Unless it involves Yano where they play off each other so damn well (like G1 last year). But still. The stuff in the UK recently was awesome.

Alvarez shitting all over that match today pissed me off. It was a comedy match but it got over with the crowd and people will be looking forward to seeing them again. If Breezango went out with furrowed brows of worry and had a super serious match, no way they would have been received as well as they were today.

You gotta do what you gotta do.

Alvarez was my fav: crowd loved it, but it was cahhmady, keep that outta da ring...

Yeah here's the thing Breezango basically have to be over now because they're being pushed, they also have to be faces without having any on screen turn.... This comedy shit is a brilliant way to get them liked... And fuck it I like to goddamn laugh... laughter is fun... almost all the indies everyone fauns over (and rightfully so) is full of humour... The Elite vs British Strong Style was full of humour... Heaven fucking forbid Breezango have fun and get over doing so

I wish they could've been more creative than go the cheap heat gimmick/angle but I guess might as well see where it goes though IDK if I'll bother to watch more than clips of Smackdown anyway.

I just can't get over how bad Jinder's backne is.

He's the most obvious case of Steroid abuse in a long ass time, and was still rewarded.

Vince is desperate

Making the most out of the Wellness Policy's lax T/E ratio.

Being a performer able to make the story work makes one deserving, regardless of how old or experienced said person is. Based on everything I've seen since the start of the push, that is not the case for Jinder, he is just bad.

Your argument is a very well known argument around these parts, every heat is heat, but I disagree with that 100%, as I think there's distinction to be made between actual heat and people simply wanting the performer/character to go away, which is the case for most of Jinder's detractors I've seen.

You may be right, but personally i'm willing to give the guy a chance. I've enjoyed his push so far and it's fresh and interesting to see a new guy move to the top. He may have been a jobber but the storyline is explaining his wins away with the twins, and they look great with Jinder (the size difference between them and Jinder looks like a million bucks).

He's not the best wrestler, but he can go, and hopefully his repertoire gets expanded now that he's a top guy.

Actually Alvarez is always my fav, he's so pissy it's almost endearing:

His summary of Backlash was basically:

Nak vs Ziggles: Good but not great
Tag Match: Crowd loved it but fuck comedy
Zayn vs Corbin: Not great
Women's Tag: Not great
AJ vs Owens: Great match, great finish
Hoss Fight: Alright
Jinder vs Orton; Better than it should have been, kept the crowd in but fuck Jinder as Champ

Maybe he was more negative per match than I remember but it felt like he basically never really hated on much of anything but then hated on the show overall

Verdict: Worst WWE show of the year!

His overall sentiment never matches up to his match by match analysis.

Actually Alvarez is always my fav, he's so pissy it's almost endearing:

His summary of Backlash was basically:

Nak vs Ziggles: Good but not great
Tag Match: Crowd loved it but fuck comedy
Zayn vs Corbin: Not great
Women's Tag: Not great
AJ vs Owens: Great match, great finish
Hoss Fight: Alright
Jinder vs Orton; Better than it should have been, kept the crowd in but fuck Jinder as Champ

Maybe he was more negative per match than I remember but it felt like he basically never really hated on much of anything but then hated on the show overall

Verdict: Worst WWE show of the year!

His overall sentiment never matches up to his match by match analysis.

All that guy does is bitch. He's the prototypical wrestling smark.

Honestly I'd be upset if it was ending someone else's reign rather than Randy Orton's ZZZZZZ reign.... Like yeah Jinder's run might end up sucking but at least it'd be new suck vs Orton snore suck... It might be a funny suck instead of a boring suck.

Hasney

Damn, would have watched Backlash if New Legacy inc did a commentary thing, but...

newLEGACYinc‏ @newLEGACYinc 17h17 hours ago
More
sorry everyone, still not feeling that great, throat is especially botherin me today, too

i'm just not good enough to call backlash.

DAYJkpWW0AYnSmT.jpg:large

Caderfix

You may be right, but personally i'm willing to give the guy a chance. I've enjoyed his push so far and it's fresh and interesting to see a new guy move to the top. He may have been a jobber but the storyline is explaining his wins away with the twins, and they look great with Jinder (the size difference between them and Jinder looks like a million bucks).

He's not the best wrestler, but he can go, and hopefully his repertoire gets expanded now that he's a top guy.

More power to you, honestly. I hope you are right and that he shows that he's worth watching.

I'll be following via review a smackdown and this thread, if things start looking good, I'll hop in for sure.

Fuck Randy Orton...

Alvarez was my fav: crowd loved it, but it was cahhmady, keep that outta da ring...

Yeah here's the thing Breezango basically have to be over now because they're being pushed, they also have to be faces without having any on screen turn.... This comedy shit is a brilliant way to get them liked... And fuck it I like to goddamn laugh... laughter is fun... almost all the indies everyone fauns over (and rightfully so) is full of humour... The Elite vs British Strong Style was full of humour... Heaven fucking forbid Breezango have fun and get over doing so

I agree. Elite and BSS know they can do funny stuff and people will still love it without them having to kill themselves, same with Breezango. If you get over you get over. People probably complained about Angle and Austin's stuff back in the day too.

I really like Alvarez, he is a bitter old fucker but when he likes something he is so enthusiastic it is endearing.

I agree. Elite and BSS know they can do funny stuff and people will still love it without them having to kill themselves, same with Breezango. If you get over you get over. People probably complained about Angle and Austin's stuff back in the day too.

I really like Alvarez, he is a bitter old fucker but when he likes something he is so enthusiastic it is endearing.

He's a curmudgeon who is frequently histrionic but it kinda makes him loveable. He's like Angry Video Game Nerd without the pointless childish vulgarity.

And he's a good analyst he's just picky and bitter lol.... Him and Dave are hilarious because he's angry and Dave is apathetic.... It's wonderful.... Between them and John and Wai I get a lot of great wrestling analysis. So glad I bought into the wrestling observer totally worth it.

Bryan and Dave usually are my counters and John and Wai my reflectors of my opinion.... Though I image I am alone in not being upset at Jinder.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
AoP vs Heavy Machinery, oh boy. Thats 4 hosses for sure.

Recall

No, Jinder is just another symptom of shit. The writing has been hot garbage since after Mania and a bad TV program to watch. Which is a shame, because while Raw was always terrible, between the brand split and Mania, Smackdown was mostly a fun show.

Since Mania?

WWE writing has been garbage for years and years and years. How are people surprised by it all? How? Bad TV is the norm where good TV happens maybe twice per year.

It makes zero difference who is champion, Orton, Wyatt, Cena, Ambrose, Miz, its all interchangeable. Jinder is WWE's latest attempt to be successful, it will fizzle out and then we go back to same routine...then suddenly in 3 months we will get posts saying Jinder wasn't so bad because at least they tried something "new"...

AJ Styles is what made 2016 bareable and he will do the same every year until he leaves but WWE has shown, it's own track record speaks for itself, that they don't rely on quality workers to be anything more than supports to those they want to push down your throat. It is NEVER going to change. If you willingly watch WWE TV and their PPVs and are surprised they are bad...then that person is an idiot as there is zero, zero reason to expect quality. Zero. Mania draws so much money and USA pay them insane numbers that WWE has no intention of ever changing so don't expect it.

He's a curmudgeon who is frequently histrionic but it kinda makes him loveable. He's like Angry Video Game Nerd without the pointless childish vulgarity.

And he's a good analyst he's just picky and bitter lol.... Him and Dave are hilarious because he's angry and Dave is apathetic.... It's wonderful.... Between them and John and Wai I get a lot of great wrestling analysis. So glad I bought into the wrestling observer totally worth it.

Bryan and Dave usually are my counters and John and Wai my reflectors of my opinion.... Though I image I am alone in not being upset at Jinder.

John and Wai are super likable and easy to listen to. I like all of their programs. I think they were WAY more negative in 2014/15, but I was too. It is a good balance with Dave and Alvarez.

He doesn't like anything.

What the fuck are you talking about? He just said today that he is tired of people saying he hates everything and that he absolutely loved Takeover.

He likes plenty of stuff , he was gushing over how awesome the bosj and the NXT a few days ago. He just doesn't like mediocre wreslting

Whatever you say man, every time I listen to clips of his podcast he's bitching about something, and it's not just casual complaining but hatred that burns as bright as 1000 suns. Forgive me for not sticking around until he finds something he finds positive.

What the fuck are you talking about? He just said today that he is tired of people saying he hates everything and that he absolutely loved Takeover.

Asks what the fuck i'm talking about

Says the person in question hates that he has a reputation for what i'm talking about

Hasney

Since Mania?

WWE writing has been garbage for years and years and years. How are people surprised by it all? How? Bad TV is the norm where good TV happens maybe twice per year.

It makes zero difference who is champion, Orton, Wyatt, Cena, Ambrose, Miz, its all interchangeable. Jinder is WWE's latest attempt to be successful, it will fizzle out and then we go back to same routine...then suddenly in 3 months we will get posts saying Jinder wasn't so bad because at least they tried something "new"...

AJ Styles is what made 2016 bareable and he will do the same every year until he leaves but WWE has shown, it's own track record speaks for itself, that they don't rely on quality workers to be anything more than supports to those they want to push down your throat. It is NEVER going to change. If you willingly watch WWE TV and their PPVs and are surprised they are bad...then that person is an idiot as there is zero, zero reason to expect quality. Zero. Mania draws so much money and USA pay them insane numbers that WWE has no intention of ever changing so don't expect it.

No, I was loving the #1 contender story with Orton, Wyatt, Harper and AJ, as well as Miz shooting on Talking Smack, The Usos and American Alpha rivalry and Alexa/Becky. Top to bottom, it was a show worth watching and only skipping dull matches, like when they want to use Miz in the ring instead of with a mic. Now it's just shit.

So yes, since Mania.

Jinder is the champ

Now you're catching on, slightlylessconfused.

Friends, Injustice 2's story is pretty good. I'm glad Netherrealm is the one dev out there who actually makes story mode fun.

I'm glad they doubled down on Superman and Wonder Womans heel turn rather than bitch out at the end. That's the best part for me.

Foggy

If Alvarez can love the finish to Styles/Owens, then there's a crack in his armor. Saw that finish today and it just reminds how brutal WWE can be.

Whatever you say man, every time I listen to clips of his podcast he's bitching about something, and it's not just casual complaining but hatred that burns as bright as 1000 suns. Forgive me for not sticking around until he finds something he finds positive.

Asks what the fuck i'm talking about

Says the person in question hates that he has a reputation for what i'm talking about

Yeah, because he likes a LOT of shows and matches. All the time. And is frustrated when people don't mention that because he criticizes bad WWE PPVs.

Eh that's not true either... he loved TakeOver...

He also loved Owens/AJ

I'll revise. He doesn't hate everything, but he hates far too much to be worth listening to (for me, anyway).

Yeah, because he likes a LOT of shows and matches. All the time. And is frustrated when people don't mention that because he criticizes bad WWE PPVs.

So you knew what I was talking about then. Gotcha.

Top Bottom