• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

It builds to AJ falling into a table and pulling cables up to wrap around his ankle so he can dangle like a dope? Is he trying to lose on purpose?

It builds to a weakened leg that is the reason why he can't get his leg out as easily as he normally would yes

And he's trying to remove the cable.

So you knew what I was talking about then. Gotcha.

Not really. He criticizes things he doesn't like. Which is fine. I just said I disagreed with his thoughts on the Breezango match today but when he does like something it is endearing because he is so excited. He gets criticized for being negative all the time, despite being positive a lot of the time too. That isn't what you were talking about, as far as I can tell. People just ignore how positive he is about promotions that aren't WWE, which, shock horror, are consistently better than WWE (depending on what your preferences are and what you want from pro wrestling).

I like hearing peoples opinions on these shows, whether I agree or disagree, so long as they are well thought out. I like that everyone sees these things differently, negatively or positively. There are a lot of matches I initially didn't like that I ended up liking after hearing another perspective. Conversely, there are times I liked a match other people didn't like. I never got hell worked up about it but I considered what they thought all the same.

Matches of the weekend

1. Bate/dunne
2. Breezango/usos
3. Owens/Styles
4. Roode/Itami

I think that covers it. The last 5 min of ziggy nak got nice and stiff, but otherwise it as just ok.

Not really. He criticizes things he doesn't like. Which is fine. I just said I disagreed with his thoughts on the Breezango match today but when he does like something it is endearing because he is so excited. He gets criticized for being negative all the time, despite being positive a lot of the time too. That isn't what you were talking about, as far as I can tell. People just ignore how positive he is about promotions that aren't WWE, which, shock horror, are consistently better than WWE (depending on what your preferences are and what you want from pro wrestling).

I like hearing peoples opinions on these shows, whether I agree or disagree, so long as they are well thought out. I like that everyone sees these things differently, negatively or positively. There are a lot of matches I initially didn't like that I ended up liking after hearing another perspective. Conversely, there are times I liked a match other people didn't like. I never got hell worked up about it but I considered what they thought all the same.

Lance Storm is my go to example for opinions I disagree with a lot but love listening to

Foggy

It builds to a weakened leg that is the reason why he can't get his leg out as easily as he normally would yes

And he's trying to remove the cable.

He literally pulled the cable up to hook onto his ankle. It's a thing that happened. It's on AJ to not be so obvious or it's on the cameramen to not make it look so damn obvious or it's on the bookers for picking the most Looney Tunes way to get that ending. It's embarrassing.

The best thing that could come out of the WWE Regionals would be proper excursions.

Apparently the roster's so bloated now that a lot of talent aren't getting the in-ring time they need (obviously not including house show matches). Compare that to an indie wrestler in an active scene like the UK, Pete Dunne for instance - in two weeks last month he'd wrestled against a hugely diverse range of talent: Omega, The Bucks, Penta, Fenix, Havoc, Scurll, Callihan, Tyler, Thatcher, WALTER, Dieter Jr, Joe Coffey & Matt Riddle. I don't care how advanced the performance centre is, you can't get that kind of experience there.

I could not even imagine WWE going to regionals. A lot of people feel burnt out on content now, imagine one being 4-5 days a week?

Boots I think you bring up a bigger issue within WWE is that the style is one dimensional. Even within Progress or NJPW there is some variance in style so it helps a bit.

imBask

Banned
Booking specifically to please new TV contracts is so terrible and pathetic, keep shoveling your money into Vince's backyard you guys

He literally pulled the cable up to hook onto his ankle. It's a thing that happened. It's on AJ to not be so obvious or it's on the cameramen to not make it look so damn obvious or it's on the bookers for picking the most Looney Tunes way to get that ending. It's embarrassing.

He pulls the loop to try and make it bigger so he can slip his foot out and slips off the table instead because his leg has been worked on hard all match is fuckered and can't sustain him...

But whatever

Random musings

- The Backlash main event was better than it had any right to be, it helped that Orton going in aggressively and overwhelming the lucky to be there challenger felt like in ring matching the (minimal) story they had going on.

- The low bars to climb over for a Jinder reign are Swagger and Ziggler, the fact he actually won a match for the belt instead of a cash in already makes it have a better start.

- Harper/Rowan was a solid hoss outing for a filler match, shame about the ending move. No idea where the heck Rowan goes from here, I half expect him to show up on Raw with Bray because WWE have no idea how to deal with him without being a Wyatt family member.

- Ultimately at this point due to years of filler reigns and dubious booking winning one of the main WWE titles aren't so much finally winning the big one, the actual reign itself has become the important factor for confirming main event status.

- Jinder should be met with a twist on a current title win chant fave "you don't deserve it", lets heel this up for the Maharaja! I'm oddly intrigued to see where this run leads.

That's a fair point. I just feel like those two going at it will be wasted in NXT, but I'm sure they'll be singles "stars" on the main

I mean easy solution is this feud is going to be hot as fuck now (and will never be hotter) in NXT in front of those crowds... you can get probably get more than one TakeOver match out of it plus Network episode matches... then bring them back together in a year, heat them up with another tag title run and then call em up.

Sephzilla

This week!

A7EtD92.png

GWF 4: Life: Zachlash: Great Balls of Filth
Date: Friday, May 26th, 2017
Time: 7:00PM Eastern/6:00PM Central
Where: Live from the Z-Pak Zone on www.twitch.tv/sephzilla

t1495839600z1.png

fDdylHj.png

Pre-Show Match
rrc1594 vs UrbanDandy
Both rrc and UrbanDandy step back into the GWF ring for the first time since GWF1. Both competitors are looking to get some positive forward momentum after taking losses at the inaugural GWF event.

Singles Match
Anth0ny vs Browny
Two WrassleGAF veterans clash as both Trevor Anth0ny Nakamura and Big Daddy Browny square off in a match that could have significance in either of the singles championship pictures.

Extreme Rules Match
Sephzilla vs FallingEdge
After having his one on one GWF Championship match converted to a Fatal Four Way on the eve of GWF3, FallingEdge has called out the man who he feels cheated him out of a championship in a hardcore match.

GWF Tag Team Championship
Bronx-Man & Kornflayx vs The New Japan Express (Klonere & Heroman) [C]
In a shocking turn of events back stage, Bronx-Man has abandoned his previous tag team partner Ithil and has aligned with Kornflayx after initiating the rematch clause for the GWF Tag Team Championship. Will the New Japan Express's reign continue or will we see a new nation rise?

The Streak Match
Caderfix vs BewareTheBatsie vs MYSTERY OPPONENT
Who will remain winless? Will Caderfix give up? Will BewareTheBatsie snap defeat from the jaws of victory once again? Who is the mystery opponent who was thrown into this match? Who will be the one to get win number one!?

Shoots and Ladders Match
Hasney vs DMczaf
Both competitors have demanded a rematch from their GWF3 bout! This time Hasney has agreed to step into DM's realm of the shoot. Pinfalls will not matter in this brutal ladder match. Above the ring will be a briefcase holding the rights to the #1 contender for the GWF World Championship!

GWF B+ Championship Match
RBH vs Tall4Life [C]
Possibly the most highly anticipated rematch in GWF history! Moments after Tall4Life dethroned Korly as B+ Champion, RBH dominated a #1 contender battle royal to earn a shot at the B+ Championship. We now have a Super Bowl level rematch. Can RBH rise up or will he fall to the Patriot way?

20 Minute Iron Man Match
Menome vs Zach
Upon the examination of the galaxies of space, images begin to appear -- images of strange and powerful forces. But of all the forces in the universe, the two most powerful -- Zach Hogan! And the Ultimate Menome! -- prepare to explode! Filth Champion versus Purity Champion. Nickname versus no nickname.

GWF World Championship Match
MYSTERY OPPONENT OF BEEFY'S CHOOSING vs Beefy [C]
After defending his title against all odds at GWF3, Beefy earned the right to pick his own opponent for his title defense at GWF4. The opponent has been chosen but Beefy has requested that the opponent's name not be revealed!? Who could it be?! Will we see a new champion?

* Card, event date, and start time are subject to change. No refunds available in the event Zach no shows. No Fanta allowed in the arena.

I mean easy solution is this feud is going to be hot as fuck now (and will never be hotter) in NXT in front of those crowds... you can get probably get more than one TakeOver match out of it plus Network episode matches... then bring them back together in a year, heat them up with another tag title run and then call em up.

Enjoy them now instead of worrying what they might be.

True true

I did until I saw AJ wrap the wires around his own foot.
He doesn't he's "trying" to pull the loop to slip his foot out and then his balance gives out because of injury.

There are more than just that one cable around his foot...

"Trying" obviously because he's making sure not to succeed because you know that's the booked finish.

I thought the whole thing was intentional. Its Owens being crafty and getting AJ caught up in the wires because he was in a precarious position. I never got the impression that it was supposed to be AJ getting unlucky and having his foot fall into the table.

They did the Nakamura "debut" so well that an hour after the show, I forgot he was even on the card. Jerking the curtain and then having to take and sell all of Dolph's offense is not a way to make a star.

ReiGun

I feel like Nak is going to get the "John Cena stimulus package," much like AJ got. They're already off to a rocky start with him, but a win over Cena is the fastest way to legitimize him to the main roster audience. Even moreso than giving him the belt.

Top Bottom