• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

Jinder juices clearly yet isn't popped for it, stiffs two of Vince's top guys in Finn and Roman and goes from jobber to world champ in a month.

I swear to God there has to be some jobbers backstage trying to get their hands on the juice desperately.

As for Becky taking Yet Another L: I was originally laughing but it actually makes sense. Thanks to Daniel Bryan, WWE thinks they can keep people who are over constantly losing or looking like a fool and they'll stay over. Examples that come to mind immediately are Bray and Zayn.

As I said years ago, Bryan's accidental success was a net negative to wrestling. The effects are still being felt, and there's no doubt in my mind it'll continue to be felt years from now, maybe even decades

Jinder juices clearly yet isn't popped for it, stiffs two of Vince's top guys in Finn and Roman and goes from jobber to world champ in a month.

I swear to God there has to be some jobbers backstage trying to get their hands on the juice desperately.

For Zayn and Cesaro, deciding to take roids is honestly the last chance they've got at any real progress on the card.

They'd better at least be paying Cesaro well these years, otherwise he's just dumb as fuck for still being there

Kaladin

I feel like Orton is past his prime. Don't expect him to get another run at the top. It's kinda sad that he even got this one.

It's now even more baffling though that they gave Wyatt the belt only to have Orton win it at Mania. There was much more mileage in Wyatt as a champ, and then they wouldn't have had to play hot potato when they wanted to maneuver the title to their next hot babyface (Nakamura or AJ). Keep Wyatt as the champ past Mania, have him win House of Horrors, hinder Jinder, maybe beat a few more folks on the way to Nakamura vs Wyatt at Summerslam. It would have made much more sense than Orton getting a short title run only to drop it to a more solid heel who will likely drop it again in a couple of months.

Beefy

I feel like Orton is past his prime. Don't expect him to get another run at the top. It's kinda sad that he even got this one.

It's now even more baffling though that they gave Wyatt the belt only to have Orton win it at Mania. There was much more mileage in Wyatt as a champ, and then they wouldn't have had to play hot potato when they wanted to maneuver the title to their next hot babyface (Nakamura or AJ). Keep Wyatt as the champ past Mania, have him win House of Horrors, hinder Jinder, maybe beat a few more folks on the way to Nakamura vs Wyatt at Summerslam. It would have made much more sense than Orton getting a short title run only to drop it to a more solid heel who will likely drop it again in a couple of months.

Dude is winning it back off Jinder in no time .

Kaladin

Dude is winning it back off Jinder in no time .

Nah, they're fast tracking Nakamura to the title. Orton will get his rematch, or two because The Singh Brothers will interfere in the first, but Nakamura will be #1 contender faster than you can count to 3.

ReiGun

I can't feel any type of way about Jinder juicing because let's face it: if he is, we all know he's not the only one. Hell, Brock was caught juicing by the UFC just last year.

Nah, they're fast tracking Nakamura to the title. Orton will get his rematch, or two because The Singh Brothers will interfere in the first, but Nakamura will be #1 contender faster than you can count to 3.

House show circuits hints Nak vs Owens is up probably after MitB

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So is Jinder going to follow the traditional path of "Pushed to the moon way too quickly, wins title, loses it and then slowly fades away to future endeavorment?"

Ithil

Nakamura mailed that shit in. Miz was a better choice for him as a starting feud.

Nakamura didn't have any input. They have road agents (sorry, "producers") who lay out matches for the wrestlers on the main roster. That's why 99% of WWE matches have the same layout.

As for Becky taking Yet Another L: I was originally laughing but it actually makes sense. Thanks to Daniel Bryan, WWE thinks they can keep people who are over constantly losing or looking like a fool and they'll stay over. Examples that come to mind immediately are Bray and Zayn.

As I said years ago, Bryan's accidental success was a net negative to wrestling. The effects are still being felt, and there's no doubt in my mind it'll continue to be felt years from now, maybe even decades

For Zayn and Cesaro, deciding to take roids is honestly the last chance they've got at any real progress on the card.

They'd better at least be paying Cesaro well these years, otherwise he's just dumb as fuck for still being there
Becky's thing is funny given she's probably the closest thing WWE have to a Daniel Bryan underdog (loses all the time mainly from being cheated out and still remains over with the crowd to the point her name gets chanted even when she's not the focus or even in the segment at all) but it's like they don't even notice it. She constantly loses because she's the go to person to put someone over and has had maybe two big wins in her whole career. I don't get a vibe from her booking that it's intentional to have her lose all the time.

Juice for everyone!

Foggy

Maybe if Zayn changed his character and started talking about banging his freaks, it could work. But while I'm perversely fascinated by a Scott Steiner looking redhead skanking down the entrance, it'll still be goofy.

Orton is only 37. Same age as Nakamura (who is in fact older then him), younger then AJ, Cena, Brock and only two years older then Finn. He likely will be a full time wrestler for a lot of years to come and he's liked by Vince and HHH.

He is definitely getting more title runs in the future.

I fully expect another Cena vs Orton title match to happen again one day too.

Kaladin

House show circuits hints Nak vs Owens is up probably after MitB

They have MITB and Battleground as Smackdown PPVs before Summerslam. They can do Nakamura vs Owens before heading to Nakamura vs Jinder. Hell, maybe Nakamura will be carrying two belts by the end of the year.

Caderfix

Orton is only 37. Same age as Nakamura (who is in fact older then him), younger then AJ, Cena, Brock and only two years older then Finn. He likely will be a full time wrestler for a lot of years to come and he's liked by Vince and HHH.

He is definitely getting more title runs in the future.

I fully expect another Cena vs Orton title match to happen again one day too.

Either John will retire Orton or Orton will retire John due to their epic, historic, sensational and beloved rivalry.

I'm listening to LAW recap of Backlash and they just mentioned that Mojo was feuding with Jinder on the post show?

Are we seriously going to have a fucking Jinder Mojo championship feud? They're definitely going to do a USA vs Indian thing. Ugh

Ithil

I can't feel any type of way about Jinder juicing because let's face it: if he is, we all know he's not the only one. Hell, Brock was caught juicing by the UFC just last year.

I think it's more Jinder's ridiculous abuse of roids than the mere existence of roids in the world.

It's more of a thing with Jinder I think because of how obvious it is. The guy went from having some flab to his tummy in August to being ripped to fuck half a year later with very clear backacne. Like Neville is very clearly on something, but to my knowledge his back isn't scattered with gross ass spots all over it.

Heroman

Banned
It's more of a thing with Jinder I think because of how obvious it is. The guy went from having some flab to his tummy in August to being ripped to fuck half a year later with very clear backacne. Like Neville is very clearly on something, but to my knowledge his back isn't scattered with gross ass spots all over it.
All Neville is on is dat Dragon gate water.

I think it's more Jinder's ridiculous abuse of roids than the mere existence of roids in the world.

Also the fact that he got a title reign by juicing and not his in ring talent. Other guys bust their ass to improve and get better in the ring, but not the Maharajah.

cordy

Banned
Nakamura/Ziggler was bad for Nakamura's debut SDL match. You build the ppv around the guy being amazing and yet he gets his ass kicked by Ziggler for most of the match. You literally had posters with his picture on it. To make it even worse, the match was boring. Just bad.

Tom Nook

I'm listening to LAW recap of Backlash and they just mentioned that Mojo was feuding with Jinder on the post show?

Are we seriously going to have a fucking Jinder Mojo championship feud? They're definitely going to do a USA vs Indian thing. Ugh

HAHAHAH. Will Gronk get involved too? Off-season in the NFL.

I think it's safe to say Ellsworth isn't.

Or...maybe he is and the shit is having an adverse affect on him.

He very much could be (though he barely works unless he's taking bumps before shows). These guys could be juicing not to get big but just because of the fact they're working literally everyday and need to recover.

Top Bottom