• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

UberTag

There's lots of little things between the booking, writing, character performance, and in ring skill (less of the latter than the others) that makes it so hard for me to like Rollins.
He's still working sloppy and doesn't seem to have learned his lesson from prior incidents about working safely. He's what a face Owen Hart would be like if he continued to get pushed to the moon and was reckless after almost crippling Steve Austin.

Owen sucked as a face, too. He and Seth have the same gravel tone in their vocal delivery.

There was a lady right behind me absolutely losing her shit for Apollo Crews. I assume you can hear her on TV since it was the only cheering during his match.
I've had Apollo's entrance music stuck in my head on repeat all night. Damn catchy nonsense for such a forgettable talent.

Random question who were some characters that have had success somewhat out of the blue that you were early adopters of (ie before their success was obvious):

Two that I can think of right now for me were Bliss and Strowman....

Caderfix

Random question who were some characters that have had success somewhat out of the blue that you were early adopters of (ie before their success was obvious):

Those are the two for me as well, as out of the new talent, they're the only ones actually over. Evil Usos and Corbin are on their way to joining the two also.

Kurita

The Miz, been a believer since 2007
Marked out when he cashed his MITB

Pikma

Banned

The Miz, Jericho, Neville, Bliss and bunch more, but the ones that stuck the most for me were The Revival.

I remember everyone calling them boring and shit when I first started watching NXT in 2015, but to me they always stood out, since the first match I saw them in, I think it was the episode before Takeover London or something like that, I instantly enjoyed their heel work a fucking lot. Then a few months later the matches with American Alpha happened and everyone started praising AA, saying they carried Revival to a great match and such. It wasn't until their feud with DIY that people started entirely recognizing how good they are

They've had four singles matches previously, the best of which was their match at Invasion Attack 2015 - Dave gave this one 4 snowflakes iirc;

http://njpwworld.com/p/s_series_00292_1_08

Not sure the upcoming match will be as good, but we'll see. Okada's on a roll, however Fale's kinda regressed a bit.

I'm still interested for sure... just not confident after what I've seen from Fale, his match with Shibata was the closest thing to good and it was just about that good.

The Miz, Jericho, Neville, Bliss and bunch more, but the ones that stuck the most for me were The Revival.

I remember everyone calling them boring and shit when I first started watching NXT in 2015, but to me they always stood out, since the first match I saw them in, I think it was the episode before Takeover London or something like that, I instantly enjoyed their heel work a fucking lot. Then a few months later the matches with American Alpha happened and everyone started praising AA, saying they carried Revival to a great match and such. It wasn't until their feud with DIY that people started entirely recognizing how good they are

Jericho?

We talking you getting into him pre WCW heel run (or even Pre-WCW)?

Adree

Do Eddie and Jericho in WCW count?

More recently I liked Peyton Royce before she teamed up with Billie Kay (I don't know if you can count them as successful yet)

I remember in high school talking up Kanyon to my friends when he was still only doing "Who's better than Kanyon?."

Kaladin

I was high on Neville when he first showed in in ROH as PAC. I've been on the Strowman hype train really since he was learning the ropes as a Wyatt, but I've really been behind him since he re-debut'd destroying jobbers in the Strowman Jobber World Tour 2016.

Do Eddie and Jericho in WCW count?

More recently I liked Peyton Royce before she teamed up with Billie Kay (I don't know if you can count them as successful yet)

WCW? I dunno it's a weird thing: Like it was pretty obvious to me Benoit, Jericho, Eddie were gonna be stars (they were the reason I got into WCW) but they had a lot of success in WCW though mostly mid card... So by the time they got to WWE it's not like it was out of nowhere.You could count it but to me there it'd be more like "I got into Jericho when he was a boring ass babyface in WCW" (but even then all those guys were huge in ECW too).

Royce I'd say would count just more in NXT standards

Adree

WCW? I dunno it's a weird thing: Like it was pretty obvious to me Benoit, Jericho, Eddie were gonna be stars (they were the reason I got into WCW) but they had a lot of success in WCW though mostly mid card... So by the time they got to WWE it's not like it was out of nowhere.You could count it but to me there it'd be more like "I got into Jericho when he was a boring ass babyface in WCW" (but even then all those guys were huge in ECW too).

Royce I'd say would count just more in NXT standards

I guess it'd be like cheaping out and saying you got into Rock when he took over the Nation. I mean, everyone did at that time right?

Adree

It'd be easier for me to talk about the guys I used to like who never really got anywhere like D-lo and Ken Shamrock.

Fox318

5off5.gif

I've been aboard the Big Dog express since day one baby.

UberTag

It'd be easier for me to talk about the guys I used to like who never really got anywhere like D-lo and Ken Shamrock.
Dude, you can't say D-Lo Brown never got anywhere. He was European and Intercontinental Champion at the same time!

former-wwe-diva-debra_248606_2.jpg

Kaladin

I'm working overnight all week. Midnight to 8am. Got 3.5 hours left tonight. I'm watching Luke Cage on Netflix, 6 episodes in business is picking up.

I'd like to think that I was on the Kento Miyahara train pretty early. I definitely wasn't a conductor, but I got on at an early stop.

Dragon Gate, DDT's DNA, and NJPW's Lion Gate project are good if you want to find a guy to root for from the jump.

I'm working overnight all week. Midnight to 8am. Got 3.5 hours left tonight. I'm watching Luke Cage on Netflix, 6 episodes in business is picking up.

That sounds pretty rough, friend.

I'm going to Sydney to work Thursday through Sunday and help out in a student clinic. I foresee it being a very stressful few days, but thats alright.

I haven't watched any New Japan since Sakura Genesis, what matches are worth checking out? Mainly singles stuff, I tend to just skip a lot of those random tag matches.

I haven't watched any New Japan since Sakura Genesis, what matches are worth checking out? Mainly singles stuff, I tend to just skip a lot of those random tag matches.

Goto vs Suzuki on the 04/27 show, the RPG Vice vs Taichi & Kanemaru jr. tag title match on that same show was surprisingly good as well - also, the 10-man Taguchi Japan vs Los Ingobernables tag was great, super fun multi-man.

Then from the Wrestling Toyonokuni show on 4/29 watch the Hiromu vs Ricochet and Naito vs Juice matches. Tanahashi vs EVIL was fine, but a bit of a letdown.

The thing that doesn't work with the whole the Demon is Finn powering up is that normal Balor is too powerful. He beat Roman Reigns clean and has maybe three or four losses as normal Finn and then the Joe loss being the only Demon loss.

Goto vs Suzuki on the 04/27 show, the RPG Vice vs Taichi & Kanemaru jr. tag title match on that same show was surprisingly good as well - also, the 10-man Taguchi Japan vs Los Ingobernables tag was great, super fun multi-man.

Then from the Wrestling Toyonokuni show on 4/29 watch the Hiromu vs Ricochet and Naito vs Juice matches. Tanahashi vs EVIL was fine, but a bit of a letdown.

Thanks!

Miz and Ambrose leave Smackdown to go to Raw for the completely fresh and new feud of Miz and Ambrose.

Joe vs Rollins is unfortunately continuing. Bray vs Balor will be another round of Bray doing the job.

Slizz

The Bar............

lololololol

Cut a crap promo right after your heel turn then unveil that shitty name for your team lol.

Kaladin

It's 7:30am, 30 min left in my first overnight this week. I'm drinking black coffee and listening to heavy metal. Caffeine don't fail me now.

Top Bottom