• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

2poyw6u.gif

UberTag

The WWE just really needs to spice things up. They have just been turning the wheels for so long.
They're creatively bankrupt. There's no longer anything to excite the masses. They don't tell stories any more. There are no more part-timer nostalgia acts to trot out for a ratings bump. They're just going through the motions with BS nonsense feuds with weak heels and smart-alecky selfish prick faces that are only faces 'cause they kiss the audience's ass while wheels are simply spinning until the next failed opportunity to make Roman look strong comes along.

In short, nothing matters. And that's 7 hours a week of nothing matters. 10 when there's a network special. And no amount of main event matches with excellent workrate - which last night's was - is going to change things. Smart fans know they can get that shit - and consistently better forms of it with actual stakes and commentary that isn't insufferable - from New Japan.

1997-1999.jpg

THAT'S GOTTA BE KANE!!

We're back with another installment in our 19 day tribute to the Big Red Monster Kane. Yesterday we heard how Paul Bearer "slipped the salami" to Undertaker's mom to create our favorite wrestling demon.

So while we're on the subject of double entendres, let's talk about Pie.

This clip features a segment that happened after Raw of the air in 2000 starring The Rock, the hilariously terrible Undertaker, and Kane. Come for Big Dead saying "POOOOONTANG PIE", stay for Kane's hilarious acknowledgement.

And people said the Katie Vick storyline came out of nowhere.

19 Days of Kane will be back tomorrow with some more hellfire and brimstone

kane-s-pyro-o.gif

I missed Day 1!
Why didn't anyone tell me?!

You are doing the lords work Rec, in other words, Kane's work.

ReiGun

I do appreciate that they're hyping Shinsuke up as a big deal. Like seeing his first proper match on the main roster is so big you can only see it on a network event. That's the kind of thing that should be doing more of to make the network events and the talents feel special.

But man, the build up has just not been great. Ziggler is a poor sub in for Miz (if that truly is who they wanted before the shakeup) because he's just not as good as a heel. And "The Artist" is a sucky nickname.

They gotta get Nak into the main event scene ASAP after Backlash.

They're creatively bankrupt. There's no longer anything to excite the masses. They don't tell stories any more. There are no more part-timer nostalgia acts to trot out for a ratings bump. They're just going through the motions with BS nonsense feuds with weak heels and smart-alecky selfish prick faces that are only faces 'cause they kiss the audience's ass while wheels are simply spinning until the next failed opportunity to make Roman look strong comes along.

In short, nothing matters. And that's 7 hours a week of nothing matters. 10 when there's a network special. And no amount of main event matches with excellent workrate - which last night's was - is going to change things. Smart fans know they can get that shit - and consistently better forms of it with actual stakes and commentary that isn't insufferable - from New Japan.

So its truly become a soap opera, where you could miss 6 months, and still be caught up after one episode, because nothing happens.

Gonna shoot; a match between Sami and Roman would be pretty fantastic regardless of the outcome. A spot where Sami sets up a Helluva Kick only for Roman to run for a spear but Sami dodges to do a Blue Thunder Bomb and pinning him is the type of finish that would bring everyone in the world to happiness.

Or just Roman spearing him during the kick would also suffice I guess.

Tagyhag

Gonna shoot; a match between Sami and Roman would be pretty fantastic regardless of the outcome. A spot where Sami sets up a Helluva Kick only for Roman to run for a spear but Sami dodges to do a Blue Thunder Bomb and pinning him is the type of finish that would bring everyone in the world to happiness.

Or just Roman spearing him during the kick would also suffice I guess.

tumblr_o561knAHIS1sbzhteo1_400.gif

shaowebb

Nakamura vs Okada for a belt vs belt needed to have happened before he left.
XFSlSPT.gif

Hell Nakamura vs Naito vs Okada would've been the absolute best thing ever to lure in new fans.Still hurts that he didn't stick around. I think it would've been incredible and would've drawn more talent and viewers into NJPW to have him there.

Heroman

Banned
Nakamura vs Okada for a belt vs belt needed to have happened before he left.
XFSlSPT.gif

Hell Nakamura vs Naito vs Okada would've been the absolute best thing ever to lure in new fans.Still hurts that he didn't stick around. I think it would've been incredible and would've drawn more talent and viewers into NJPW to have him there.
Njpw would have never have done a belt vs belt match outside of he G1

And don't worry nak will back in NJPW

Top Bottom