• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

Adree

It's really well shot too... Honestly if I saw more of this coming out of TNA.... sorry Impact I'd probably add it to my weekly watching.

I'm glad he's out of that terrible angle with Aron Rex. I haven't seen much Impact but Spud seems pretty talented on the mic.

Good night Owensisnow
giphy.gif

Kaladin

YouTube is probably not the best idea in their whole post-wrestling-ads Restricted Mode world. Would be a huge risk of lost money with little to no reward even if it worked out

I'd go on a free platform like Youtube regardless of ad income because right now you want to raise awareness for the NWA and the talent you have. That's the best way to do it really.

I'm glad he's out of that terrible angle with Aron Rex. I haven't seen much Impact but Spud seems pretty talented on the mic.

Spud is Impact's Heath Slater he can job to anyone and make it entertaining...

I'd go on a free platform like Youtube regardless of ad income because right now you want to raise awareness for the NWA and the talent you have. That's the best way to do it really.

I'd do weekly best ofs and try to get with FloSlam for biggger shows and if you can get the eyes onto Flo SLam you can run weekly shows through them, god knows FloSlam needs more companies

What about Twitch?

Chat books the finish!

I want to add that to my post. The reason why it won't work is because Twitch is mostly for gaming streams. However, if it's parent company, Amazon would negotiate Corgan for the NWA to be streamed on their platform, it could work.

In regards to the bolded, that something that could happen to the GWF.

YouTube is probably not the best idea in their whole post-wrestling-ads Restricted Mode world. Would be a huge risk of lost money with little to no reward even if it worked out

Any streaming Internet video platform is a bad idea if you actually want to make real money from that streaming. After all, it's not like Lucha Underground being on Netflix has led to any large jump in interest in the product, despite its fans acting like it'd lead to the promised land for them.

I want to add that to my post. The reason why it won't work is because Twitch is mostly for gaming streams. However, if it's parent company, Amazon would negotiate Corgan for the NWA to be streamed on their platform, it could work.

In regards to the bolded, that something that could happen to the GWF.
They could easily go under creative without negotiating.

Swoggle sounds like a dirty sex act you'd discover on Urban Dictionary that would make even the kinkiest go "huh".

Urban, you say...

They could easily go under creative without negotiating.

True, but whoever runs Twitch isn't going to exactly welcome the WNA with open arms. That person will now that streaming wrestling on a major game streaming platform isn't going to be good for them.

Urban, you say...

True, but whoever runs Twitch isn't going to exactly welcome the WNA with open arms. That person will now that streaming wrestling on a major game streaming platform isn't going to be good for them.
It could get real popular and be big on twitch. Only twitch could have made Bob Ross that popular.

It could get real popular and be big on twitch.

Bob Ross was already a huge cultural thing in the US.

How? What stars will be on there? Sorry, but a bunch of generic indy guys doing generic indy things isn't going to get an audience. And even if it does, that means nothing if it doesn't lead to people paying this new NWA for something, whether it's ticket, merch, PPV's, or whatever.

You just can't throw wrestling up somewhere and expect people to watch. I mean, if Twitch was somehow showing old Monday Night RAW's, I could get it, because of the nostalgia thing.

It could get real popular and be big on twitch.

I don't doubt you, all I'm saying is Corgan had better do a great job in convincing them to do so. Even if it does happen, there will be a huge meltdown of streamers who'll cry out "Get that fake sport out of my community."

I'd actually like to see this happen now.

How? What stars will be on there? Sorry, but a bunch of generic indy guys doing generic indy things isn't going to get an audience. And even if it does, that means nothing if it doesn't lead to people paying this new NWA for something, whether it's ticket, merch, PPV's, or whatever.

You just can't throw wrestling up somewhere and expect people to watch. I mean, if Twitch was somehow showing old Monday Night RAW's, I could get it, because of the nostalgia thing.
They could go all Southpaw regional wrestling. Smart writing. It'd become memey for twitch.

They could go all Southpaw regional wrestling. Smart writing. It'd become memey for twitch.

How does that lead to drawing money? Being meme-y and getting Internet hits is fine if you're the weird comedy thing some guys did on their off time in the WWE and it sells a few t-shirts.

It's not if you're a wrestling promotion wanting to be the #2 promotion long term.

Yeah like people need to realize the NWA doesn't even have access to the big indie stars: ZSJ doesn't do NWA shows, Evolve guys don't do NWA shows. If NXT/Impact/ROH are say Triple A Baseball, Evolve and shit like that Double A baseball, NWA is at very best Single A and I'm not even sure they're that.

Like the current NWA champion is a 52 year old man whose wikipedia is literally a single paragraph bio and then his movelist and championships list (almost all are NWA titles)

Like no one is going to give a fuck about Tim Storm...

Corgan is going to have to completely reshuffle everything and find a way to get the ZSJs, the Keith Lees, etc.... Because right now he bought a name

The good thing about twitch is it makes stars if you have a good personality.

New GTAV Roleplay streamers are blowing up. All they do is improv a character with a good voice and make a living.

Pmsproxy went from 300 subs to 2,300 in 1 month.

She raised 20k for sheriffeli who is going to start streaming.

Recall

Latest episode of the New Generation Project Podcast is out.

Episode 82 - In Your House Degeneration X

Really enjoyed their look at Survivor Series 97 and wrestling with shadows. I guess they will cover Starrcade 97 next and then the end really is near for them.

That would be the first thing I would change... that belt represents everything the NWA is today.

...which isn't a good thing.

Not saying change it to the gaudiness of the WWE belts, just at least update it.

Eh it more represents the only link to when the NWA meant anything.

Well if Amazon parterned with them for some funding, they created new characters, and popular streamers went on the show, it'd blow up. Guarantee it.

Why would Amazon partner with a company with absolutely no talent behind it...

He's going to have to do a lot of work getting real talent in first, or hope someone is a moron enough to give him money because he used to matter in the 90s

Kaladin

Yeah but still... I'll watch Backlash live because that'll be more lively for discussion here

I mean all Evolve Cards are basically better than WWE in terms of matches

Smackdown could put together a better card.....could. Instead we get Orton vs Mahal and Nakamura vs Ziggler

Top Bottom