• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

Smackdown could put together a better card.....could. Instead we get Orton vs Mahal and Nakamura vs Ziggler

Nak vs Ziggles is likely to be good because Ziggles sucks everywhere but in ring... He had great matches with Miz at the end of last year and Nak is way better than Miz

And Orton vs Jinder excites me because it's fucking bizarre

Not to mention Owens/AJ is gonna be great.

Will Orton vs. Mahal even main event Backlash? or Styles vs. KO

I'm thinking AJ/Owens since yet again the US title was the main event thing on this show but who knows

Kaladin

I feel like no matter what they put together outside of a Strowman match Smackdown PPVs will be better this year than Raw.

Kaladin

I can't believe we had Daniel Bryan before we got AJ Styles, Kevin Owens, Shinsuke Nakamura, Hideo Itami, Sami Zayn, Cesaro and a bunch of wrestlers who would make amazing matches for him that we'll never get to see.

I can't believe we had Daniel Bryan before we got AJ Styles, Kevin Owens, Shinsuke Nakamura, Hideo Itami, Sami Zayn, Cesaro and a bunch of wrestlers who would make amazing matches for him that we'll never get to see.

Bryan and Cesaro had several TV matches

Though two of them ended with Kane chokeslamming Bryan because Kane in 2014 was just as annoying as Kane in 2016

They're fine as big gaijin and have some cool tag moves, but they're going to need a good feud to go beyond that...unfortunately, good feuds and the heavyweight tag division don't seem to go hand in hand.

Fuck, forgot Cody vs Finlay was on this show.

RBH

uGCd1Z.gif

s8ZZxb.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTu0GUczfEw

STATE PATROL!

AMERICAN MALES!

Well glad I missed the pre show Young Lions match... I thought with Oka facing an idiot like Yoshitatsu and that he'd been getting wins recently that this would be his first big win over a "named" guy... it wasn't. At least he didn't take the fall.

Really can't wait for Oka to become something bigger... I love that guy

That was a sick move by Chase Owens

And now a sick rope aided backbreaker.

That is a great showcase of Owens too bad it amounted to him taking the submission loss.

Fuck I hate Yoshi Hashi's submission

Liger won't be doing the Super Jrs again after this year... end of an era

Anth0ny

Backlash is in Chicago. Hoping the crowd is hot as fuck for everything Nakamura does. Will make a great first impression on his first main roster match.

omg crowd POPPED for KAZE NI NARE hahahaa

That is a great showcase of Owens too bad it amounted to him taking the submission loss.

Fuck I hate Yoshi Hashi's submission

Not the best submission I agree, but I do like how it ties together YOSHI's move-set. Pretty much everything he hits targets the head and neck, and now he has a finisher that takes advantage of that.

Not the best submission I agree, but I do like how it ties together YOSHI's move-set. Pretty much everything he hits targets the head and neck, and now he has a finisher that takes advantage of that.

True...

It's too bad it's so boring looking.

Also now that I've seen what Chase Owens can do I want better things for him.

Hasney

Cool, cool.

It has potential to be entertaining. I've not seen anything of Nakamura on TV beyond his great Smackdown debut entrance.

Wait, the PPV sponsers are Rocket League? Wow

Really? Wonder if we'll get WWE skins in it. CRUSH HOUR CARS

This Chaos vs Suzuki-gun tag match was like 80% pretty bad.

That said everyone getting off the apron and just watching Goto and Suzuki got at it was great... really gave it a big fight feel.

And of course Taka jobs.

That said loving Goto vs Suzuki stuff after so I'm in for more of that.

Lol Suzuki just fucking ko'd Kitamura with a fantastic forearm

God I love Suzuki

Adree

Any streaming Internet video platform is a bad idea if you actually want to make real money from that streaming. After all, it's not like Lucha Underground being on Netflix has led to any large jump in interest in the product, despite its fans acting like it'd lead to the promised land for them.

Imagine the fan who watches LU S1/first half of S2 and then continues on to see the quality just fall off a cliff.

Well that managed to be not that good.

By-the-numbers Suzuki-gun tag and this Cody/Finlay match have lost the crowd. Nice finish though.

The Cross Rhodes looked good but everything before that was pretty whatever...

Suzuki-gun's problem is all their really good members aren't around... ZSJ and KES... so Suzuki is forced to team with his lesser thans. (Though Kanemaru and El Desperado aren't bad but they aren't booked to be or do much)

Naito and Takahashi coming to wake up this crowd

It's the Suzuki-gun formula as well - like, the worthless ringside brawl in the first few minutes of the match. Then if Taichi's there you'll have the bullshit with the hammer as well, add TAKA and you get the comedy spot with them doing a fast count and pretending to win the match, etc. They really haven't changed anything up in years, tbh.

Top Bottom