• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

Man I wonder what people here would do if WWE was cancelled.

I guess I'd switch full time to NJPW and hopefully WWE Network stays so I actually catch up on everything.

I'd continue to do what I've been doing: go to indies and watch AJPW and grimy Japanese indies.

Man I wonder what people here would do if WWE was cancelled.

I guess I'd switch full time to NJPW and hopefully WWE Network stays so I actually catch up on everything.
giphy.gif

Barrage

TV companies wouldn't want it. TV time is precious and expensive they don't want 4 hours of a low rated "Sports Entertainment" event especially on Network TV. If WWE paid them they may cut a deal.

TV time is far from precious. It's abundant. This is the era of Peak TV. To say that no TV company would have interest is absurd.

The average RAW now has more viewers than almost anything FOX airs on Sundays (although obviously the ad rates are much, much worse). Ratings in general are so low for Networks there is some speculation. On if of bringing back Movie Nights would be viable http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/tv-ratings-sunday-april-30-2017/

This is still hypothetical. The question is if there are any WWE events that have value enough to be a draw as a TV special while not shooting WWE in the foot by not having them on the network(so not WM/RR/SS) .

I had a dream last night that WWE ended up taking Raw and Smackdown online either through a partnership with Youtube/Google to stream simultaneously with the WWE Network for free (with advertisements) with episodes staying up for a couple weeks before being moved behind the paywall. Also Raw was back to being two hours and it ended up being a hugely successful move generating more money for them than their USA and other TV deals, lol.

MG310

Kona Reeves out there making grumpy faces and licking his hands a bunch seems like a poor direction to go with him.

I had a dream last night that WWE ended up taking Raw and Smackdown online either through a partnership with Youtube/Google to stream simultaneously with the WWE Network for free (with advertisements) with episodes staying up for a couple weeks before being moved behind the paywall. Also Raw was back to being two hours and it ended up being a hugely successful move generating more money for them than their USA and other TV deals, lol.
You have shit dreams, brother.

Top Bottom