• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
b23ee68b9d0f83ec129384825e780f82_crop_north.jpg
zeus.png

I just saved AJPW

Jimmy Hart just had Pittman take off his shirt so he could body shame him next to Lex Luger while Mr. Sting just stands in the ring.

I hope you all read my posts in the voice of Mongo.

Hex

Banned
Jimmy Hart just had Pittman take off his shirt so he could body shame him next to Lex Luger while Mr. Sting just stands in the ring.

I hope you all read my posts in the voice of Mongo.

Well no, more of an Oliver Platt....but maybe in time

Imagine telling someone in 2010, immediately after the Nexus debuted, that the last active wrestlers left in the company would end up being Darren Young and Heath Slater

shaowebb

You're full of bad memories.

I've never seen so much talent buried than then having the entire dx bury CB, DM, EG, and PS

Burying Malenko, Saturn, Guerrero and Benoit was insane too. How the fuck was Road dog and Billy Gunn better for business? I know DX and the New Age Outlaws were big at the time but holy shit man why bury the best workers in the industry for spot matchers? They didn't even try to 50/50 book or DQ win. It was just squash squash squash back in those days.

WWE main event on in the background, suddenly hear Handel's hallelujah and I'm like "hey its Sandow, almost forgot he was employed"
...then I remembered that he's not and this is seemingly his last match.

Not nearly as sad as the loss of Barrett and Ryback but tis a shame.

Menome

WWE main event on in the background, suddenly hear Handel's hallelujah and I'm like "hey its Sandow, almost forgot he was employed"
...then I remembered that he's not and this is seemingly his last match.

Sandow :(

Thankfully, as promised, I have the King of Song Style to replace him with:

I wonder; if I keep this up long enough, will I develop Samson Stockholm Syndrome?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The best part about whenever the Radicalz trashed WCW for burying them you're like '....but you went ot WWF where you were buried for years and WCW booked Benoit as a World Champion, Saturn got huge mid card pushes, Malenko was a 4 time cruiserweight champion, 1 US champion and was in the Four Horsemen and Eddie was one of the most popular stars on the midcard roster'

Like only Eddie has a case. And that wasn't until years later. But nah, WCW totally buried you guys. It's good you went to the WWE where you could fuck a mop, beat women, and end your pity reign to give the title to Randy Orton and never get it again.

I might just be a fanboy but Pentagon Jr is a fucking star. The reception everyone gave him was un-fucking-believable. I can't imagine anyone in WWE getting a reaction like that. Hope LU gets the chance to grow.
Highlight of the night:
Pentagon Jr

Melissa Santos super close tho

Ultratech

Imagine telling someone in 2010, immediately after the Nexus debuted, that the last active wrestlers left in the company would end up being Darren Young and Heath Slater

The Nexus: What happened?
Wade Barrett: Literally buried, 5-time IC Champ, injured (a lot), then forever fragile. Also a bringer of Bad News and a King. Recently left.

Daniel Bryan: Overcame the odds, won lots of titles, injured, became legit fragile. Retired.

Darren Young: Buried, won Tag Titles, came out, woefully underutilized. Still w/the company...

Skip Sheffield (Ryback): Buried, Pushed, won IC Title, injured Punk, saved Kalisto, thinks losers should be winners. Probably about to be Future Endeavored.

Michael Tarver: Injured, then disappeared. Released.

Justin Gabriel: Buried, Won Tag Titles, underutilized, was a Bunny. Left the company and is currently a Darewolf in LU (whatever the fuck that is).

Heath Slater, Buried, Won Tag Champs, King of Jobbers. part of a 3MB, and a Social Outcast. Still with the company.

David Otunga: Buried, won Tag Titles, Legal Advisor. Still with the company, though he doesn't wrestle (much) anymore.

John Cena: Do I even need to go into this?

Husky Harris (Bray Wyatt): Currently a backwoods Cult Leader and can't win a feud to save his life. Still with the company.

Michael McGillicutty (Curtis Axel): Buried, GENESIS, became AX MAN, won IC Title, wasn't eliminated from the Rumble for over a year, and a Social Outcast. Still with the company.

(Note in case somebody complains about it; Cena buried the majority of their asses in the OG Nexus. If not that, then they prolly got buried someplace else along the lines. That's why a lot of 'em have buried mentioned.)

Because people apparently forget the actual original group:

The Nexus. As in the group that formed on Raw. Composed of:
Wade Barrett June 7, 2010 January 3, 2011 Original leader of The Nexus.[45]
Daniel Bryan June 7, 2010 June 11, 2010 [46][47]
Darren Young June 7, 2010 August 16, 2010 [48]
Skip Sheffield June 7, 2010 August 22, 2011 Suffered an ankle injury at a live event in Hawaii in August 2010, but never left the stable. However, he was never mentioned as member of The New Nexus.
Michael Tarver June 7, 2010 October 4, 2010 [49]
Justin Gabriel June 7, 2010 January 10, 2011
Heath Slater June 7, 2010 January 10, 2011
David Otunga June 7, 2010

Darren Young and Heath Slater are the only ones remaining as active wrestlers. #DealWithIt #RIPBryan #LOLBryan #DealWithItBryanFans #RIP #RIP

#RIP

Ultratech

Because people apparently forget the actual original group:

I just covered everyone up to Punk. Him and Mason Ryan weren't included for obvious reasons.

Cena, Harris, and McGillicutty were part of the OG Nexus for a significant amount of time to be included.

(Hell, if you're being particularly picky, including DB was kind of a joke considering he was just part of the debut and then got released a few days later.)

Top Bottom