• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

dream

Oh, no, I'm just pleasantly surprised to see wrestling gaf paying for an independent wrestling PPV, especially now when they have to all get individual WWE Network accounts.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've never bought a PPV.

Never stole any either, unless you count listening in on scramble vision. I was lucky enough to live near a wrestling obsessed sports bar which even bought TNA events last year but have mainly just watched the network. Never bothered with anything ROH as I can't stand their free tv so I've just never been interested.

Adree

I've never bought a PPV.

Never stole any either, unless you count listening in on scramble vision. I was lucky enough to live near a wrestling obsessed sports bar which even bought TNA events last year but have mainly just watched the network. Never bothered with anything ROH as I can't stand their free tv so I've just never been interested.

Talk about purposefully having a slow night

9E6ZN7D.gif

It's a hell of a thing, rolling a man up. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.
It's even better to hold his tights and smile at him after the count. :)

Speaking of grabbing tights, thumb to Blue's eye, rolls him up while legs on the rope. REF COUNT!!

klonere

Banned
Well I had a very tough weekend, attending the funeral of my Granny who was the first really big loss on that side of the family.

I downloaded a bunch of 93 AJPW to distract myself on the train to and from the whole affair. Shockingly enough 93 AJPW is pretty fucking good at taking your mind off things, nothing like a couple of thousand Japanese people screaming their throats raw at two dudes beating the shit out of each other.

I think I am getting a better appreciation for when pundits talk about modern wrestling sometimes not looking like a fight. This stuff is messy, chaotic and feels "real" I suppose.

Menome

LtoPblC.jpg

Look at that distance and the impact of that connection. This guy is going to be a superb fighting heel when he gets to the main roster.

Before that though: The NXT Championship.

Browny

Banned
Klonere, sorry for your loss.
I should try and be more productive in looking into older Japanese matches, but it's hassle enough trying to keep up with the current PPVs... I think I'm going to buy myself a tablet in the next month or two, once my art addiction has calmed down.

Menome - loving the dedication. And that is a surprisingly good elbow - Eric Young-esq, if you will...
He's got the type of gimmick that will get him called up sooner rather than later, whether he's good in the ring or not. Same as Tyler really.
:-(

Menome

Non-gimmick post: I do think if he dropped the 'Drifter' and the guitar, he'd be pretty decent all-round given the time and training.

Gimmick post: But he's not going to, because he's a lone badass who's true to who he is, unlike these other wrestlers hiding behind masks, both literal and figurative.

klonere

Banned
EDIT: New page, new
old
Becky gif

KhUTTm9.gif

Klonere, sorry for your loss.
I should try and be more productive in looking into older Japanese matches, but it's hassle enough trying to keep up with the current PPVs... I think I'm going to buy myself a tablet in the next month or two, once my art addiction has calmed down.
:-(

Thanks man, it actually does mean a lot.

Yeah the reason I got into this AJPW stuff is because I found a great site to download the matches directly to my new work laptop which is very portable and has great battery life which is not something I've really had before for watching videos offline.I probably wouldn't have watched as much as I did in the last few days if I wasn't away - I would have been busy with both EVOLVE shows or something like that.

I'm glad I did though - once you get into the groove I found the matches pretty addictive and was really looking forward to the next one. It does help that I am watching them chronologically with some of the build up tags instead of some random "greatest AJPW matches ever!!" comp.

My condolences to you and yours, man.

Thanks dude!

Non-gimmick post: I do think if he dropped the 'Drifter' and the guitar, he'd be pretty decent all-round given the time and training.

Gimmick post: But he's not going to, because he's a lone badass who's true to who he is, unlike these other wrestlers hiding behind masks, both literal and figurative.

Agreed with your non-gimmick part. The character as it is right now is death but the thing is it doesn't need that much tweaking to get it main roster ready and I'm not talking Tyler Breeze ready either. Who isn't afraid of the crazy violent hitchhiker/trucker/dude who is always in that diner in town?

Oh and he needs to tone down the stalling.

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
I downloaded a bunch of 93 AJPW to distract myself on the train to and from the whole affair. Shockingly enough 93 AJPW is pretty fucking good at taking your mind off things, nothing like a couple of thousand Japanese people screaming their throats raw at two dudes beating the shit out of each other.

Are you taking about ditch's site? Is that still around?

Fox318

Well I had a very tough weekend, attending the funeral of my Granny who was the first really big loss on that side of the family.

I think I am getting a better appreciation for when pundits talk about modern wrestling sometimes not looking like a fight. This stuff is messy, chaotic and feels "real" I suppose.

my condolences

Sephzilla

Sorry for your loss friend klonere :(

Top Bottom