• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Ithil

Well I had a very tough weekend, attending the funeral of my Granny who was the first really big loss on that side of the family.

I downloaded a bunch of 93 AJPW to distract myself on the train to and from the whole affair. Shockingly enough 93 AJPW is pretty fucking good at taking your mind off things, nothing like a couple of thousand Japanese people screaming their throats raw at two dudes beating the shit out of each other.

I think I am getting a better appreciation for when pundits talk about modern wrestling sometimes not looking like a fight. This stuff is messy, chaotic and feels "real" I suppose.
Condolences, friend.

Hmmm, I wonder did Jim J use a live band for some of these songs. The saxophone is Val's song sounds too authentic to be computers especially in 98. I know he used the live band for DX and Triple H's "My time".

klonere

Banned
my condolences

Thanks Fox. At least Cesaro is still employed.

I wonder how much it would cost to get a copy of all the AJPW stuff Ditch has on his site.

https://rudoreels.com/shop/product/ajpw-1993-tv-complete-set-bluray-wcase-art-3d/

That's $35 for a single year (not including shipping) so going off some incredibly rough math I think it'd probably cost close to $900 for the whole lot easily hitting a thousand with any shipping costs.

Damn shame to hear that Death rolled up your grandma, klonere. :(

It was a quick, painless rollup mercifully Beef. No drawn out storyline where she had to linger around in a home for years on end, waiting for them to write her off TV.

Browny

Banned
[work rant]

Man, sometimes I wish I could line up some of the incompetent fuckers in my office and go full-on hamSteiner on them...

65DRTBG.gif

[/work rant]

bjork

It was a quick, painless rollup mercifully Beef. No drawn out storyline where she had to linger around in a home for years on end, waiting for them to write her off TV.

Sorry to hear about this, but at least you're finding a positive in there. Stay strong.

Kaladin

Sorry for your loss klonere. That is never easy.

On another note....

Friends, I have to survive a week and a half with no internet and TV. Thank god for unlimited data...but I've got to try and live with one device on a 6" screen.

bjork

Sorry for your loss klonere. That is never easy.

On another note....

Friends, I have to survive a week and a half with no internet and TV. Thank god for unlimited data...but I've got to try and live with one device on a 6" screen.

Look at this as your gateway to freedom. A test run for an existence without the shackles of catching up on one's stories, if you will.

Browny

Banned

Living with 6"? My heart bleeds for you. Some of us struggle on with nothing more than a tiny.....

Wait a sec - misread that.

Carry on. Nothing to see here.

Ahgoddamnit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Good Monday so far. Zach, how was NXT? I've mostly been away.

Kaladin

My mom essentially gave me our home as a wedding present and she moved up to NC to be closer to some of her family. Well, she moved out over the weekend and I'm home alone for a week and a half. We turned off the internet and TV last week and I'm trying to wait till after the wedding and honeymoon to go get the internet I'm going with turned on. We won't have a traditional cable TV deal. I'm going to be signing up for Playstation Vue when we get the internet turned on.

klonere

Banned
Wow, thanks for all the kind words guys. I won't shit up the thread by individually replying to all of you but I have to say it warms my heart to see some folks who argue about this carny sport be so nice <3

If you had to explain Wrestling in a GIF, what would it be?

Not really a great example but....

"Wrestling isn't that that fake stuff? Like you know its fake right?"

bMrGrWj.gif

I believe that is a metaphor for all of life, not wrestling.

Browny

Banned
New page, new "this is wrasslin'" gif:

o42vbe7.gif

See all you shoot fans, this is how you snatch the quick pin - you gotta lure them into a false sense of security instead of just going for it while they may be on high alert.

This man understands it. Do-si-do, Klonere?

Kaladin

On another note, I finally watched Creed over the weekend.

Goddamn that was a well booked angle. I was rooting for the kid in the last fight even though I knew how it should end and my gut feeling was right.

I was just happy
Rocky didn't die

bjork

I don't really make threads any more, but this gif question would be a good one for the OT. Maybe even add the caveat of "non-wrestling gif" to see what people come up with.

Sephzilla

I don't really make threads any more, but this gif question would be a good one for the OT. Maybe even add the caveat of "non-wrestling gif" to see what people come up with.

I'd worry that thread would get frowned upon in the same way list threads get frowned upon

Kaladin

It encourages a lot of no effort spam posting

inb4 "like every other OT!!!!"

It just seems like a silly thing to frown on when the "no effort spam posting" can easily be just as on topic as a more thoughtful list. Those threads tend to die quickly and the OP typically gets the answer they're looking for in them. I've never seen the problem.

Top Bottom