• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Ithil

If you had to explain Wrestling in a GIF, what would it be?

1381539041048vnf2x.gif

klonere

Banned
Wait a second did ROH add another member to the Bullet Club, the first time something like that has happened on their product and the build consisted of a tweet from one of the Bucks the night previous?

Fucking
L
O
L

I swear to god everybody on the indie scene is a wrestling nerd but aren't able to critically apply that knowledge to anything for FUCK SAKE.

Not everything needs to be a thread in OT, and if you're really that concerned about ratings in this thread, I would wager the more dumb threads that pop up there because of here, the more people (casual or otherwise) are drawn away from posting with us here.

Sephzilla

There's another tipping thread in OT and my main take away from that thread already is "some people tip 20-30% for average service?"

klonere

Banned
...and Booby Fish beating Ishii? Without that much build either?

Like is ROH even trying anymore? What's the overarching storyline with Jay Lethal?

...and Booby Fish beating Ishii? Without that much build either?

Like is ROH even trying anymore? What's the overarching storyline with Jay Lethal?

Fish's win was actually good. The build is "Fish will never win a belt and his time's running up" and he did, plus Ishii looked strong by not tapping. Ishii held that belt longer than anyone thought he realistically should have.

And the storyline with Lethal is he's the best in the world and nobody can take his title. Which, nobody has and it's been forever he's held it, longer than any current champ anywhere else

klonere

Banned
Fish's win was actually good. The build is "Fish will never win a belt and his time's running up" and he did, plus Ishii looked strong by not tapping. Ishii held that belt longer than anyone thought he realistically should have.

And the storyline with Lethal is he's the best in the world and nobody can take his title. Which, nobody has and it's been forever he's held it, longer than any current champ anywhere else

Well shit I do believe I got O'Reilly and Fish mixed up there I thought...well never mind I'm stupid.

That's fine and all but ehhhhhhhhhhhh. I just bounce off ROH harder than any other promotion going right now. I got into grimy as fuck EVOLVE shows quicker than ROH.

Excited for people to eat crow when Cole tears it up in the G1. Besides omega can't enter the US, and Mount Rushmore is GOAT. Just need to get Roddy in the Elite

Its the time of the year where everyone copies stories from 1996.

Well shit I do believe I got O'Reilly and Fish mixed up there I thought...well never mind I'm stupid.

That's fine and all but ehhhhhhhhhhhh. I just bounce off ROH harder than any other promotion going right now. I got into grimy as fuck EVOLVE shows quicker than ROH.

Oh yeah, I'm not saying your thoughts are necessarily wrong. I liked the show, but still thought the ending sucked, and still thought it was likely not worth $35-$45.

The Network really hurt other wrestling promotions because now everyone knows the audience for any company (even WWE) is at best a few mil, likely a lot less; PPVs can't happen and be justified; not having a streaming service or immediate availability on Amazon/Hulu/Netflix is considered a disaster or criminal; and if you have any option that isn't affordable, you risk having no customers, in addition to taking a financial loss from the effort. All of these wrestling companies have at least most of these problems, and ROH seems affected most by it (TNA was suffering from a lot of stuff long before this attempt)

klonere

Banned
Tozawa is 100% a lock for getting hired after the Cruiserrweight Classic right? He's lowkey Nakamura levels of naturally charismatic, with an insane moveset and some decent English by all accounts.

klonere

Banned
Oh yeah, I'm not saying your thoughts are necessarily wrong. I liked the show, but still thought the ending sucked, and still thought it was likely not worth $35-$45.

The Network really hurt other wrestling promotions because now everyone knows the audience for any company (even WWE) is at best a few mil, likely a lot less; PPVs can't happen and be justified; not having a streaming service or immediate availability on Amazon/Hulu/Netflix is considered a disaster or criminal; and if you have any option that isn't affordable, you risk having no customers, in addition to taking a financial loss from the effort. All of these wrestling companies have at least most of these problems, and ROH seems affected most by it (TNA was suffering from a lot of stuff long before this attempt)

Yes, the changes in the content delivery market have definitely made life harder for these companies. They don't really have the power to get a marketing juggernaut behind them to push the PPVs like a UFC or big boxing organization can.

That's why its frustrating to see such a relatively throwaway card (from my perspective) with dumb angles on PPV - you absolutely 100% have to make PPVs feel like a true event nowadays. WWE can sell rubes like me on A Good Episode of Raw every month but ROH have to build Wrestlemania style events where you feel like something BIG, impactful and of consequence is going to happen on this show I am paying €40 for. I never really feel that with ROH when I check in on it - stuff just kinda putters along and the in ring action also feels quite consequenceless (hi stro).

All that said I'm probably going to go and put down €30 for Evolve VODS because I feel like shit happens on those shows. And I like the featured talent far more. Whatever, this is a weird rant to have.

Hex

Banned
If you had to explain Wrestling in a GIF, what would it be?

It would not be any of this snarky smarky shit.
It would be something with Izzy and Conner and other kids who look up to these guys and gals no matter how crazy or carny it gets.
That is what it is about.
But I am at work and can't dig around.

http://i.imgur.com/N5CDCXb.gif

Fucking really?
What is fucking wrong with some of you?
You see a sliver of daylight and go full on idiot.

ROH was really good. got my monies worth. Just Becasue wwe devalues their product doesn't mean everyone else should.

YMMV at the end angle. Evolve is pretty good despite bad stream issues(always wait for VOD)

shaowebb

Wrassle GAF once the online multiplayer is patched into Gang Beasts we need to have a GAF Battle Royale

Just look at this shit!
Tap either trigger to swat with left or right arm. Hold them to grab or hold on. Hit Y to Lift folks. Behold insanity.

bjork

spoilered because tmi but I have to share so I don't keep this to myself

I just took a poop and it was so gross that I had to jump in the shower to get fully clean. if I had been at work, I would've gone home sick. I feel funny, fellas

I just took a poop and it was so gross that I had to jump in the shower to get fully clean. if I had been at work, I would've gone home sick. I feel funny, fellas
You don't want Bret Hart telling how bad you ass stinks? lol

Kaladin

You botched yourself.

Top Bottom