• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

AJ's forearm is like 100x cooler looking than the Superman Punch. You can kind of tell that Kevin Dunn must be infatuated with it considering how many slow motion replays the move gets.

AJ's phenomenal forearm and Zayn's through the ropes DDT are prolly my two favorite moves right now.

AJ's looks like it hurts quite a bit.

3Sixty

Zigger Corbin was wack
Kalisto Ryback was alright
Sami KO was legit
Miz Cesaro was good
Ambrose Y2J is better out of the ring
Flair Hart was fuckery
AJ Roman was moastly fuckery with some spots

Rutti

Ziggler vs Corbin: okey
Kalisto vs Ryback: good
Sami vs KO: great
Miz vs Cesaro: okey
Ambrose vs Jericho: I tuned out
Charlotte vs Natalya: good match with bad finish
AJ vs Roman: a mess with few bright spots

shaowebb

tumblr_o6j3xzZNpF1sj4xr4o1_400.gif

Wow...someone who could actually make Roman look strong. I see why they are booking them again for Extreme Rules. This feud will make Roman as it makes AJ enter the top card.

Dear lord, that Vince/Shane/Steph segment before the main event was just the worst, and then to cap it off with such a non-resolution. Does *anyone* want to see them both in charge?!

Dear lord, that Vince/Shane/Steph segment before the main event was just the worst, and then to cap it off with such a non-resolution. Does *anyone* want to see them both in charge?!

McMahon drama is always a good time to walk the dog, go to the bathroom, pour another drink, etc.

Menome

Sorry for skipping out on the Discord chat last night. Came down with an almighty headache and had to watch the PPV this morning instead.

Kaladin

I thought Payback was awesome all around. I was even enjoying wrestlers I don't typically enjoy like Ryback, Miz and modern Y2J. Hell, Roman even put on one of the best matches I've seen of him. I'm even looking forward to the new chapter of McDrama. It is interesting and at least something different. Camp WWE was stupid but damn hilarious in parts, especially McMahon and Flair.

Of course the internet is going to hate most things, it's the internet.

Kaladin

I'm okay with finishers not being the absolute end to a match.

The base definition of a finishing move in wrestling is that it's a move that a wrestler does better than anyone else to the point that it can finish a match.

It doesn't always have to. There are legit factors that will always determine if any move would finish a match, and that is okay, that is reality.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Raw tonight should be good, get to see Shane and Steph in charge, should make for an interesting dynamic. Can't wait

The thing that bugs me is when one finisher is massively protected over the opponents.

Reigns spear currently being a strong example of this, but this already peaked for me like 2 years ago when Kane and Reigns had a LMS match on Raw where Reigns got up on 9 from a Chokeslam through a table and then hits Kane with a standard spear for the 10 count, that was just...nope.

Kaladin

The thing that bugs me is when one finisher is massively protected over the opponents.

Reigns spear currently being a strong example of this, but this already peaked for me like 2 years ago when Kane and Reigns had a LMS match on Raw where Reigns got up on 9 from a Chokeslam through a table and then hits Kane with a standard spear for the 10 count, that was just...nope.

Protected finishers need to go away.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Finally got around to Corbin/Ziggler, that was good. I like Corbin's new tights, and I like the direction they went in the match with regards to the ending. Good stepping stone for Corbin's character.

I think Jericho was better in the ring last night than we've seen in a while. Plus his running from Dean and hiding by the ref is just elevating his chickenshit heeling to the highest level.

Owens and Zayn always put on a great match I just wish there was something at stake besides their personal ongoing "fued." A title belt would be nice and would elevate their matches to the next level.

People saying Roman looked good last night just shows how low expectations are for him. AJ ran circles around him, literally and figuratively. 5 minutes in Roman looked like he just woke up from a nap in a sauna.

Anth0ny

i'm sure raw won't start with a 20 minute steph promo

and then continuous steph promos for the rest of the show between segments

those pesky mcmahons what mischief will they cause this week? gotta tune in!

And now here's a 4 minute wrestling match with a commercial break in the middle!

A 20 minute promo for Steph.
A 20 minute promo for Shane.

It's only fair.

jmdajr

A.J. looked like a million bucks last night, and now he's headlining another show.

I'm thinking he feels pretty ok about it.

Well, all caught up on PROGRESS now. That er, took me a while. Not sure when I actually started watching, perhaps half a year ago. Great promotion, undoubtedly my favorite indie. Fantastic mix of circuit vets and homegrown talent. Unique atmosphere unless you are of the sensitive disposition when it comes to crowds. Oh and the ondemand service is disgustingly cheap.

Can't wait for SSS16!

https://demandprogress.pivotshare.com/

What did you end up skipping, I can't remember

Ithil

The whole "eat 400 finishers, do one lame one and win" booking was the worst aspect of Cena on top. So of course now they're jumping right in.

DMczaf

Wow...someone who could actually make Roman look strong. I see why they are booking them again for Extreme Rules. This feud will make Roman as it makes AJ enter the top card.

Yup these guys complement each other well.

Roman gets a smaller guy who can sell his offense well.

AJ gets to work main event matches building up his star quality with WWE fans with someone who's young and quick and can make his offense look good

notworksafe

Damn good PPV, the main event match was pretty damn good. So was the US title match. The rest of the show dragged a bit other than the Women's match, which was quite good and even ended in a way that made me laugh. Goddamn I want Lil Naitch out in a robe tomorrow with Charlotte and Ric.

Glad to hear Enzo got released from the hospital, that injury was real scary looking. Too bad he will be (or should be) out of the ring for a few weeks.

Kaladin

It was alright but sweet Jesus the main event was Russo-era WCW overbooked. Payback was better than Wrestlemania, which admittedly doesn't mean much since Mania was bad.

I thought the booking was fine for the main event.

A) You knew Gallows and Anderson were getting involved. The Double Dusty was a creative way to bring it about without just having them rush in and attack while the ref was down or cause an outright DQ.

Also, if the rules stick to other title matches, it was a creative way to introduce new rules for the new era.

God I hope these rules stick, because it would make world title matches much better wrestling.

Top Bottom