• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nak America vs John Cena? Dream match right there.

Don't give a fuck about Owens/Lesnar, I just simply don't give a shit. Not compared to Nakamura/Cena. Holy shit.

Recall

Doubt me all you want, save this post even, Bayley will not be a draw on the main roster long term in her current gimmick.

Oh you mean the superstar who had the failed gimmick of the Ringmaster? ;)

No one is a draw.

WWE 2016 isn't 1985.

Shit cards sell out instantly. The idea of a sole person being a draw is long gone, the brand draws.

NGqFcWz.jpg

In a better world everyone would be expecting Finn Balor to show up and Kenny Omega music would hit instead. Setting up the greatest cross promotional stable ever.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You give a little fuck's, come on now.

Not really, because Lesnar is a bully not unlike Owens. It's just Owens looks like a scrub from around the block while Lesnar looks like a monster.

But that Cena/Nak America...godddddddamnnnnn

She'll last as long as the NXT segment of the crowd can carry her because she's one of Theirs before she dies out, which is hopefully sooner rather than later.

The fuck? What did Bayley do to make you hate her so much? She's fun, and appeals to an audience that has never had someone to root for in WWE before. She's great.

Dana Brooke is also awesome. Glad she's back together with Emma, and on the main roster.

klonere

Banned
Not really, because Lesnar is a bully not unlike Owens. It's just Owens looks like a scrub from around the block while Lesnar looks like a monster.

It's the mid card version of Lesnar + Heyman facing off against Lesnar + Heyman. Seems pretty redundant and pointless. At least its cool for Kevin, he's a noted huge Lesnar fan.

Aiii

So not worth it

Pffft.

Though you just know that Cena very specifically requested Nakamura for that match. Guy just can't resist working with a top talent, Cena is just one big fanboy, which is why his best matches are with guys like Punk and Bryan. That is going to be one hell of a match.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, Raw worth watching on Hulu?

Usually. I didn't watch Raw yet!

The fuck? What did Bayley do to make you hate her so much? She's fun, and appeals to an audience that has never had someone to root for in WWE before. She's great.

Dana Brooke is also awesome. Glad she's back together with Emma, and on the main roster.

Dana Brooke got called up? Fuck yeah if so! She's got IT and a crazy work ethic. She's amazing.

It's the mid card version of Lesnar + Heyman facing off against Lesnar + Heyman. Seems pretty redundant and pointless. At least its cool for Kevin, he's a noted huge Lesnar fan.

I'm not always a huge fan of two similar styles in different bodies facing off. I mean, you can have a hoss battle but one of these two is not like the other, so I'm gonna have a hard time putting that out of my head and buying into it. Fortunately, Owens is very talented so if he's got some ideas on how to make it work, I'll be happy to watch.

But goddamn, NAKAMERICA VS CENA. That's just...a fucking DREAM

Cagey

Banned

Be an utter bore.

But what you allude to is correct. I'd be happy for her to stick around and succeed as a pure hero for little girls. That would be wonderful, actually. If women's wrestling takes a turn in that direction for Bayley and those fans, I'll gladly accept the product not being for me to get that result.

Arrogant heel vs monster face. I'm onboard with it. Plus with Owens and Heyman you know there's potential there for a great story if they let them build to a house show match. I mean, there probably won't be any build, but if there is I can see it being really good.

Sephzilla

I think both Cena/Nakamura and Owens/Lesnar deserve a much bigger stage, like SummerSlam or WrestleMania. Owens/Lesnar has all of the potential to be the best match Lesnar has had since returning to WWE. And Cena/Nakamura has potential since Nakamura is great and Cena brings his A+ for matches like this. Both of those matches have MOTY potential written all over them.

Anth0ny

no idea why they've giving away basically a wrestlemania card on a house show, but I'll take it

obviously they don't consider nakamura or owens top of mania card superstars, and never will, but whatever

Strax

KO is the bully that would follow you home from school and ambush you with a baseball bat because of some kind of a misunderstanding that could be resolved in 60 secs while Lesnar is more in the dumb defensive lineman area.

So goddamned excited.

Would the real Vince McMahon have Fuckface Landis as an avatar? I think not.

That's a relief. I thought that was a picture of you. I didn't recognize Landis with that pink hair. I felt awful for you. Like, aw man... poor guy looks like *that*?

Glad it's not you.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That's a relief. I thought that was a picture of you. I didn't recognize Landis with that pink hair. I felt awful for you. Like, aw man... poor guy looks like *that*?

Glad it's not you.

LOL, believe me, I'm grateful

Sephzilla

The only worry I have with a Cena/Nakamura match is that it will probably end in a typical Cena fashion where he no sells an entire match of strong style and hits a Super Spirit Bomb Attitude Adjustment for the win. While Cena/Nakamura has dream match written all over it I actually think Owens/Lesnar has the potential to be the better match.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The only worry I have with a Cena/Nakamura match is that it will probably end in a typical Cena fashion where he no sells an entire match of strong style and hits a Super Spirit Bomb Attitude Adjustment for the win. While Cena/Nakamura has dream match written all over it I actually think Owens/Lesnar has the potential to be the better match.

So what you're saying is you'll be mad if Cena wins?

klonere

Banned
ROH booking is officially a dumpster fire

Monster tag team who just beat the franchise defining Briscoes lose to some 40 year old dudes on a house show with zero build . Adam Page as Chase Owens tier BC member. Godbless.

Sephzilla

So what you're saying is you'll be mad if Cena wins?

I'd be okay with him winning if he actually sells Nakamura's offense and doesn't do the shit he does at the end of most Cena matches. Cena's only really huge flaw as a wrestler is that he has a bad habit of forgetting to sell injuries.

Lum1n3s

At least you know the outcome man so you don't go in with high hopes.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'd be okay with him winning if he actually sells Nakamura's offense and doesn't do the shit he does at the end of most Cena matches. Cena's only really huge flaw as a wrestler is that he has a bad habit of forgetting to sell injuries.

What you want is exactly what bothers you. Sells the whole match, comeback at the end. I'm not sure I remember a scenario where Cena dominates most of the match.

Sephzilla

What you want is exactly what bothers you. Sells the whole match, comeback at the end. I'm not sure I remember a scenario where Cena dominates most of the match.

I don't even mind the Cena comebacks at the end, it's just that when Cena does his comeback routine he forgets to sell injuries the entire time. Like someone could work his shoulder for an entire match, Cena will sell it for a good chunk of it, but then for the go-home portion of the match suddenly Cena is able to AA someone off of that shoulder/arm perfectly fine like he's at full health.

If you're going to do silly Hulk Hogan shit at least do some crazy stupid Hulk Up routine to go along with it, lol

I'm admittedly nitpicky about Cena, though. I'll totally admit the guy can put on some really good matches and I'm excited for him to be back

Aiii

So not worth it
Cena has had countless of tremendous matches, even a whole bunch of great matches that followed the WWE babyface-formula, I am not worried for one second. That match will be amazing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also don't forget that Nak America can play a tremendous cunt. Remember when he was dismissively kicking little Naito in the head?

Kurita

The Shining Stars in a tag division where you've got New Day, Enzo/Cass, The Dudleys, The Vaudevillains (yeah I like them), yikes. RIP.

Top Bottom