• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

ROH booking is officially a dumpster fire

Monster tag team who just beat the franchise defining Briscoes lose to some 40 year old dudes on a house show with zero build . Adam Page as Chase Owens tier BC member. Godbless.

The BC stuff sucks as usual.
The title change was kinda booked well in that the Addiction made the challenge for the future, but the champs got cocky and said "let's do it tonight" and lost. That said, there have been rumors for a while that Daniels is involved in booking so maybe he just felt like pulling a Nash but maintained that he's too old to be world champ

klonere

Banned
The BC stuff sucks as usual.
The title change was kinda booked well in that the Addiction made the challenge for the future, but the champs got cocky and said "let's do it tonight" and lost. That said, there have been rumors for a while that Daniels is involved in booking so maybe he just felt like pulling a Nash but maintained that he's too old to be world champ

Title change still seems lame as fuck. Like I could kind of buy it if was a team of young babyfaces, not some old as fuck heels, especially against a power team like War Machine. I appreciate they did at least try with those guys, this seems like a total wet fart title change. Daniels never seemed like a guy who would put himself over like that but hey, power corrupts and all that. BC sucks 4 life.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I think both Cena/Nakamura and Owens/Lesnar deserve a much bigger stage, like SummerSlam or WrestleMania. Owens/Lesnar has all of the potential to be the best match Lesnar has had since returning to WWE. And Cena/Nakamura has potential since Nakamura is great and Cena brings his A+ for matches like this. Both of those matches have MOTY potential written all over them.
It's Lesnar on a house show. Owens is eating a squash.

Tickets start at $20 for that show. No idea about the size of the venue, but the top ones are $110. I think I paid $20 per for a house show in 1995, so that isn't horrible.

$20 for a show in Hawaii? That has to be extreme nose bleeds, right? Would think they'd charge more just because of the costs of going to Hawaii for a show. Or are there a lot of those $110 tickets?

Either way, sold out and an insane card for a house show. I guess everyone wants that free trip to Hawaii.

klonere

Banned
Guys I think you are overthinking the match itself. If this thing is on the Network then what the real draw of Lesnar/Owens will be KO vs Heyman on the mic.

Gurrry

Raw was awful last night. Worst one since pre-mania. Too bad, they had a decent run going.

Wish they didnt ruin Jericho vs Cass for a stupid ass Dean Ambrose segment. Every time I see Dean now I start to get bored. Hes just not doing it for me anymore. This feud doesnt even make sense. The ambrose asylum had what.. 2 apperances? Why the fuck does Dean care if he loses this shitty show? Just a dumb story line all together.

As far as Cena/Nakamura goes... Thats a match I can get behind, but Nakamura better win.

Cagey

Banned
As far as Cena/Nakamura goes... Thats a match I can get behind, but Nakamura better win.

He's not going to and he shouldn't, if you're looking at this from an objective booking standpoint.

If it's from the "I like Nakamura and don't like Cena" fan standpoint, sure.

Gurrry

He's not going to and he shouldn't, if you're looking at this from an objective booking standpoint.

If it's from the "I like Nakamura and don't like Cena" fan standpoint, sure.

Why wouldnt Nakamura winning be acceptable? Cena winning does nothing for him.

Cagey

Banned
Let's mark this date as the date when Nakamura becomes a JAG.

Why wouldnt Nakamura winning be acceptable? Cena winning does nothing for him.

It's a WWE televised house show with a well compensated N(JPW)XT star fighting John Cena.

Nakamura and Cena will have a very good match, lots of back and forth, Nakamura will lose to Cena, stand up, and Cena will put some respek on Nak's name. The end.

It's a WWE televised house show with a well compensated N(JPW)XT star fighting John Cena.

Nakamura and Cena will have a very good match, lots of back and forth, Nakamura will lose to Cena, stand up, and Cena will put some respek on Nak's name. The end.

Nakamura will win at the house show and lose in the rematch at Summerslam.

$20 for a show in Hawaii? That has to be extreme nose bleeds, right? Would think they'd charge more just because of the costs of going to Hawaii for a show. Or are there a lot of those $110 tickets?

Either way, sold out and an insane card for a house show. I guess everyone wants that free trip to Hawaii.

They're not going to Hawaii for a show. They're stopping in Hawaii on the way to Japan.

Sephzilla

Cena will probably win because he's Cena and Vince still has a boner for making other promotions stars lose their first really big matches (see: Sting & AJ Styles at WrestleMania). But Nakamura should win because Cena gets nothing from the win, losing doesn't hurt Cena, and Nakamura winning helps the brand in general.

EDIT - This is assuming it's going to be a televised event and not just a house show

I don't like this new era of Raw, where's Kane and Show? WHERE?!

Really though what's the deal with finishing shows with these incredibly awkward Shane/Steph segments>

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Wins and losses at house shows are rarely, if ever, canon. Nak losing wouldn't hurt him at all.
They aren't even acknowledged outside of Finn winning and losing the NXT title at house shows. They juet pretend those specials never happened.

orioto

Good Art™
Some of you guys have a really weird appreciation of how wrestlers should work together.

Owens doesn't wrestle AT ALL like Lesnar. he's not the same character neither. if you put him against Lesnar, he'll be the tough little sob who goes under the belt to win, while Lesnar will be the power house.

You know what they tried but miserably failed with Ambrose.

Lol,at them working attendance numbers

CiGqfgoUUAEei9-.jpg

Dang. Nak won't even be on the main roster for a full month (assuming he's not called up until after the Takeover, which is likely) before he becomes just another guy. So less time than Owens and just as much time as Styles.

Cagey

Banned
Superstar Ink should be interesting enough. Holy Foley looks like a mess.

Total Bellas isn't even on the E! Network? Lol.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Sigh i know exactly whats gonns happen.

Nakamura will put on a epic match with cena just like Kevin did. And they will rehash the match over n over

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That John Oliver guy is a real piece of shit. Perfect for "fans of sarcasm" - what a work.

Did you no-show Zach again?

My wallet no-showed me. Zach wasn't expecting me, it was predetermined. Not fake.

I really wish I had been able to go but it was pretty much expected that I couldn't, as late as I found out I could. A shame :(

That John Oliver guy is a real piece of shit. Perfect for "fans of sarcasm" - what a work.

My wallet no-showed me. Zach wasn't expecting me, it was predetermined. Not fake.

I really wish I had been able to go but it was pretty much expected that I couldn't, as late as I found out I could. A shame :(

Did you and your ladyfriend enjoy Civil War enough to make up for it? (I thought CW was just awful in every way. Only redeeming parts were Ant-Man, Black Panther, and Spidey/Aunt May).

Angry Grimace

Meltzer and Alvarez not understanding why Shane and Steph are acting like authority figures continues to be amusing.

Top Bottom