• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Sephzilla

Did you and your ladyfriend enjoy Civil War enough to make up for it? (I thought CW was just awful in every way. Only redeeming parts were Ant-Man, Black Panther, and Spidey/Aunt May).

XGsOcvJ.gif

I mean, Winter Soldier is better, but what?

I'm honestly really liking this AJ/Reigns feud. Didn't watch Raw last night but just caught the highlights on Youtube

There's moral ambiguity from both sides, they seem evenly matched, and they just want to win. No complaints.

It's a shame they tried to force Roman into the Cena mold to ruin him for a lot of fans (which I totally sympathize with) but he's seemed solid in this feud since Payback. Maybe it's easier for him to work from the bullet points "yo man I protect my family and also I am going to win" instead of "I am the savior of the people and anti-authority and the world champ"

From the conference call, the traditional pay-per-view buyrate (i.e. sales on top of the Network) for WrestleMania was between 900,000 and 1.2 million buys

that's insane

What did John Oliver do?

Be amazing

John Oliver the GOAT. The loss of Stewart and commercialization of Colbert was his gain without a doubt

Also
PWInsider said:
They've had a lot of injuries and they made "some pretty good chicken salad out of that." He (Vince) said in the next 30 days, they have a number of talents coming back. He said there were 17 injuries but Bray Wyatt, John Cena, Randy Orton and Seth Rollins would return. They introduced 13 new talents and over the next 30 days, they will have more talent on the roster than they've ever had before.

Orton coming back soon

From the conference call, the traditional pay-per-view buyrate (i.e. sales on top of the Network) for WrestleMania was between 900,000 and 1.2 million buys

that's insane

Between this and UFC and boxing successes, it's almost like PPV's not dead after all. But...but that would mean Vince lied and made JBL/Cole/Lawler laugh away viewers for nothing!!

Sephzilla

that's insane

Jesus.

Think about how much more money they would have made if the WWE Network didn't give Mania away for dirt cheep?

This also means an additional 1.2 million people watched Roman Reigns get booed out of the largest WrestleMania ever

Sephzilla

For what it's worth, the wrestling friends I have were all more interested in Shane/Taker than Roman/HHH mostly for the possibility of Shane doing something crazy. Hell, almost half of my WrestleMania party left before and during the Roman Reigns match (granted that was also due to there being almost 7 hours of WrestleMania)

Like Buh buh-bret said, people signed up just to see that match alone. That's all they were waiting for.

It's certainly why they got 92k paying customers in the building, so I wouldn't be surprised if it helped the PPV numbers too. Apparently ticket sales were not that impressive until shane/taker was booked

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Did you and your ladyfriend enjoy Civil War enough to make up for it? (I thought CW was just awful in every way. Only redeeming parts were Ant-Man, Black Panther, and Spidey/Aunt May).

It was alright. Way too long. Mostly garbage. Agreed with the redeeming parts. It's basically a movie for babies that were 15 when they saw the first Avengers movie and now they're "grown up" so it's the same old shit. Pretty dumb. I give it a B because the action was swell. The story was trash.

Yeah, Civil War was real fun. As is John Oliver. Landis is making you a monster Sunny.

Oliver is a pandering piece of shit. He panders SO HARD, it makes my heart hurt.

What did John Oliver do?
Panders

Anth0ny

it's almost like people like wrestling, instead of thinking that it's garbage

but hey, we read sheetz so we know more right? lol

1 million buys on ppv when there's a $10 option is just insanity

I would have been amazed at 500k buys

just goes to show how many casuals mania attracts. I bet most of the ppv buyers didn't even know wwe network was a thing.

Specifically, it's this fall that they wanted to see.

For what it's worth, the wrestling friends I have were all more interested in Shane/Taker than Roman/HHH mostly for the possibility of Shane doing something crazy. Hell, almost half of my WrestleMania party left before and during the Roman Reigns match (granted that was also due to there being almost 7 hours of WrestleMania)

It's certainly why they got 92k paying customers in the building, so I wouldn't be surprised if it helped the PPV numbers too. Apparently ticket sales were not that impressive until shane/taker was booked
You can book Shane in any match and it'll sell. They know shit is going down.

DM, war games will be at battlegrounds. The ppv name will make sense now.

Challenge Gaf. Show me a better Curtain Jerker match other than Mysterio/Ultimo Dragon. I'm in the mood to watch some wrasslin tonight.

*Drop kicks Blue just for the fun of it.*

Also question. Any chance of a Cass/Ambrose matchup since Cass tried to flirt with Renee last night on Raw?

Challenge Gaf. Show me a better Curtain Jerker match other than Mysterio/Ultimo Dragon. I'm in the mood to watch some wrasslin tonight.

Also question. Any chance of a Cass/Ambrose matchup since Cass tried to flirt with Renee last night on Raw?
Bret v Owen says hi 🤓. Nah tbh those two are hard to compare. The Rey v Ultimo match was pure fun.

Stop hitting me you bastard.

Penguin

Bret vs Owen at 10

Triple H vs Bryan at 30

Heared about Cena v Nakamura and Flair v Askua.

I think a WWE versus NXT network special would be real cool as a yearly thing if they are tossing the idea around.

I mean once Vince doesnt bury NXT talent in every match.

Top Bottom