• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

miserable

Isn't a 'strong style' match the one match where he shouldn't? How many times has Nakamura been german suplex'd, got right up, and hit a boma ye?

if Nakamura sells Cena's air punch five knuckle shuffle i expect John to sell a knee to the face
is that an unreasonable expectation?

miserable

jeff9wuaf.gif

Toki767

They really should just make it a WWE vs NXT special.

Cena/Nakamura
Charlotte/Asuka
Styles/Balor
Reigns/Joe

The card practically writes itself since you know Creative won't.

He's doing fine, I just hope they don't try to make him into the singles guy and forget about Enzo.
Unfortunately it looks like they're already doing that.
I doubt it, they just don't want him to sit on the sideline and rot. When enzo was out with his injury Cass was wrestling single matches till his return.

Recall

That was probably a better match than we're getting with Cen a in it.

Shelton was a great wrestler.

Also Mysterio/Angle, great chemistry. The reversals. Thank you for the recommend.

Shelton was a great wrestler but like most WWE wrestlers once they leave they struggle to adapt against non WWE guys.

Shelton in ROH and NJPW was dire.

Ithil

I doubt it, they just don't want him to sit on the sideline and rot. When enzo was out with his injury Cass was wrestling single matches till his return.

Doing singles matches is one thing, opening the show with Jericho, and ending the show (even if it was only in a supporting role) is a pretty big and sudden jump up from even two weeks ago.

Shelton was a great wrestler but like most WWE wrestlers once they leave they struggle to adapt against non WWE guys.

Shelton in ROH and NJPW was dire.
I wish Shelton had charisma coming out of his ass. A lot of the latest lost generation guys were great in the ring but lacked microphone charisma,except Carlito. He was just lazy. Morrison and Benjamin should still be here right now tearing up matches but good things don't last long.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Proud as shit of Dana Brooke. When she walked in she was greener than goose shit. Look at her now. Great improvement.

Sephzilla

Proud as shit of Dana Brooke. When she walked in she was greener than goose shit. Look at her now. Great improvement.

I'm right there with you. I wasn't a fan of hers at all when she first started and now she's one of my favorite heels. Her and Sasha Banks are the two best female heels in the entire company.

Sephzilla

Would people be that dense? Just having a match with Cena, regardless of outcome, is a huge great thing. It furthers your career by doing anything with him. He elevates all talent.

Tensai, Sandow, Rusev, Ryback, Barrett, and Del Rio all say hi.

Feuding with Cena really did nothing for Bray Wyatt either except put him in some pocket universe where people still pretend he's relevant despite never winning

Kevin Owens, Bryan, and Punk are the only people who survived Cena feuds and came out looking better.

They had to fucking end Undertaker's goddamn WrestleMania streak to make Lesnar look tough again as a result of Lesnar jobbing to Cena and HHH

The trick to any Cena feud is to only agree to a Cena feud when he is about to take time off for Surgery.

That way you get that first token win and dont have to deal with the 6 months of burials afterwards that normally follow.

Kaladin

Watched most of Raw on Hulu, got up to the start of the elimination tag.

I'm actually looking forward to finishing it.

Has Raw become must see TV again?

I actually think it has. They're using new faces right for a change and putting them in positions where they are elevated and not just wrestling.

Match outcomes seem to mean more, at least what they include on the 90 minute version does anyway....and the story carries better week to week now.

Can we just fix the god awful commentary?

I wish I could say one of them was okay, but no....none of them are fine. They all suck and bring the progression down.

Aside from that. I love the IC title picture, I love what they're doing with Big Cass in Enzo's absence, I even enjoy the crap out of The Family vs The Club.

The wrestling itself is even decent to great top to bottom.

I hope it stays this good.

Bryan and Punk are the only people who survived Cena feuds and came out looking better.

Punk's arguable because even his big win still led to him being used as a prop for Rock to beat so he could lose to Cena, and Punk still lost to Cena even during that

Bryan survived simply because his body fell apart before Cena could get his win back. I don't think the company will let that happen to anyone else. I expect Cena to win the first/only Nakamura match he has and to win the inevitable Taker Mania match, completing the circle of him beating everyone that matters. The only questionable thing is "does he break Flair's record" and I think that depends more on his movie/TV schedule making him available than anything

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Cena feuds do elevate people. The problem is they go on for WAY too long. It's not even a problem of Cena winning or not. It's that the matches expose a character so hard. And no one ever feels the after-effects of the feud

Though I still say Dolph Ziggler is a bigger kiss of death. Because anytime something involves me having to sit through Dolph's cornball shit, no matter who it's against, I don't want to see it.

Punk's arguable because even his big win still led to him being used as a prop for Rock to beat so he could lose to Cena, and Punk still lost to Cena even during that

Bryan survived simply because his body fell apart before Cena could get his win back. I don't think the company will let that happen to anyone else. I expect Cena to win the first/only Nakamura match he has and to win the inevitable Taker Mania match, completing the circle of him beating everyone that matters. The only questionable thing is "does he break Flair's record" and I think that depends more on his movie/TV schedule making him available than anything
That flabby and sick body is starting to break down and I believe rushing back isn't helping him. The company isn't going anywhere, enjoy that time off.

Nak/Cena is just a dream match. WWE knows they don't have time to do it with a real story. Accept it for what it is, disregard the results, and enjoy it.
As excited as I am about attending this Saturday's NXT live event, I'm probably more excited about this match. If 2016 Cena is similar to 2015 Cena, it's going to be incredible.

Kaladin

Cena vs Nakamura only means that they know who they have in Nakamura and they know that match will draw in Hawaii. This is their first time there in years, right? It's fitting to have a big match up for a big show.

klonere

Banned
Like get over it. It doesn't matter who wins and loses. Shit happens randomly. You get pushed randomly, your feuds are random, nothing makes sense. The wrestling is a nice punctuation to the black hole of sanity that is the product presented to us

jmdajr

Like get over it. It doesn't matter who wins and loses. Shit happens randomly. You get pushed randomly, your feuds are random, nothing makes sense. The wrestling is a nice punctuation to the black hole of sanity that is the product presented to us

Cena was a pretty solid constant. Without him.....we are lost!

jmdajr

On today’s edition of Wrestling Observer Radio, it was reported that Brooke and Emma are now working the main roster to fill the void left by Naomi and Tamina Snuka, who are both currently dealing with injuries.

Considering Tamina is still pretty damn green, it's a decent swap!

Sephzilla

So honest question: how do we quantify what led to the bolded's failure to gain any traction after said feud? What part of it was their own fault, Cena's, booking , etc.

Creative/booking.

There's a pretty strong trend showing that creative really stops giving a fuck about you once you're done with Lord Sina

Top Bottom