• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

ric-flair-scared.png

this is amazing

Man, Tensai could have been top tier.

Ignore the below if you don't want to read me complain about real life

finally decided to leave my current job after getting a recruiter call about another job local. Got all worked up about, got through a phone interview then bombed the technical stuff on my 2nd interview (who remembers all that with google). they said they liked me and liked my whiteboard exercise, so they were going to interview some people over the next week and if they still liked me they would get me in to do-over that section. So over that couple of weeks, my drive to get out has died down again, and I'd kind of gone off the new place as I'd basically taken it as a lost cause. So they now want me to go in next week and give a technical presentation, which i've no idea what to do it on as I've been working on a team and don't really get sole responsibility for anything, which they seem quite keen on.
ugh that went long I'll probably delete it

Tensai got buried hard but it wasn't Cena's fault

Did Cena even get his win back from Tensai after he was beaten semi-clean on Raw? like, within the span of a month?

klonere

Banned
Man, Tensai could have been top tier.

Ignore the below if you don't want to read me complain about real life

finally decided to leave my current job after getting a recruiter call about another job local. Got all worked up about, got through a phone interview then bombed the technical stuff on my 2nd interview (who remembers all that with google). they said they liked me and liked my whiteboard exercise, so they were going to interview some people over the next week and if they still liked me they would get me in to do-over that section. So over that couple of weeks, my drive to get out has died down again, and I'd kind of gone off the new place as I'd basically taken it as a lost cause. So they now want me to go in next week and give a technical presentation, which i've no idea what to do it on as I've been working on a team and don't really get sole responsibility for anything, which they seem quite keen on.
ugh that went long I'll probably delete it

That seems rather excessive for an interview. Is this potential new position a big step up or something?

While they think they've saved the day on the pin on Bret, suddenly Hebner would recover, 1-2, and Bret would kick out. That would set the pace for about five more minutes of near falls before it would end up in a disqualification ending. Before the show started, both Vader, with his Japanese experience, and Smith, told Hart to watch himself. He was warned not to lay down and not to allow himself to be put in a compromising position. He was told to kick out at one, not two, and not to allow himself into any submission holds. Hart recognized the possibility of the situation, but his thoughts regarding a double-cross were more along with lines of always protecting himself in case Michaels tried to hit him with a sucker punch when he left himself open. The idea that being put in a submission or one of the near falls while working spots would be dangerous for him would be something to worry about normally, but he put it out of his mind because he had Hebner in the ring as the referee

And he fell right into the trap lol!

That seems rather excessive for an interview. Is this potential new position a big step up or something?

Not really. I had to do a similar sounding presentation for the job I'm currently in when I joined as a Graduate, so I just assumed it happened from time to time.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Here's my Natural Born Thrillers Rankings, as I know everyone wants to know

1. Sean O'haire. Obviously. Obviously! 10/10 look.
2. 'Above Average' Mike Sanders. Well, he obviously can't be at the bottom or in the middle as he's Above Average. He's a more realistically booked Jeff Jarrett, and I enjoy that. I also always thought he looked like Mark Hoppus
3. Johnny Stamboli. This was a hard fight between him and Jindrak, but Stamboli wins because I liked him a lot as a kid, good body, and a great moonsault. He was VERY 2000s looking.
4. Mark Jindrak. Because he was in Spanish Soap Operas and he was the reflection of perfection, playa.
5. Chuck Palumbo. I really liked Billy and Chuck, but I never liked him as a wrestler. He seems like a nice guy going by his car show thing though.
6. Reno. Terrible wrestler. Looked dumb but also gets bonus points for looking dumb. He looks like a villain from a JCVD movie. Should have feuded with Hogan in the early 90s.
7. Shawn Stasiak. Fucking terrible roid monkey.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Kidman vs X-Pac. Kidman is supposed to be the heel and X-Pac is the face. X-Pac gets booed, Kidman gets cheered

The Invasion Angle in a nutshell

klonere

Banned
So what sort of business impact did the biggest WM of all time have

Meltzer said:
While not factoring in the WWE Network, the first quarter was a break-even proposition based on Wrestlemania. Mania had no impact on the profitability year-to-year, but the event and week itself generated a total of $24.9 million. If you factor that out, the first quarter revenue would have been $151.3 million if you're doing a fair comparision.

Uhhhh okay?

Oh and to put that crazy can't possibly be true WM did 1 mill on PPV question to rest

Meltzer said:
When asked how WrestleMania did on PPV this year, either George Barrios didn't understand the question or didn't answer it because he gave numbers of what the show used to do. The person asking ended up moving to the next question instead of following up.

Still the company expects to have a better year when it comes to overall profit compared to last, which is a good sign!

Meltzer said:
The company talked OIBDA expectations of $70-$85 million, and indicated more at the high end of that level. Last year's total was $69 million.

If you were in charge of WWE what is the first thing you would do?

Me? I would change the name to WCW because WWE is an awful name.

That would be too big of a risk to investors? Nonsense. I would allay their fears with hard data that WCW is a very popular hashtag we could ride the wave of. Profits would go up 1000% with such a move.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've got an interview on Saturday. Hopefully it leads to a change of setting because I really don't want to be where I'm at now for much longer.

Anth0ny

wait

they're actually calling that hawaii show BASH AT THE BEACH?

hnnnnnnnnnggggggggg

only a matter of time until they bring back SCARRBLADE

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Here's my Natural Born Thrillers Rankings, as I know everyone wants to know

1. Sean O'haire. Obviously. Obviously! 10/10 look.
2. 'Above Average' Mike Sanders. Well, he obviously can't be at the bottom or in the middle as he's Above Average. He's a more realistically booked Jeff Jarrett, and I enjoy that. I also always thought he looked like Mark Hoppus
3. Johnny Stamboli. This was a hard fight between him and Jindrak, but Stamboli wins because I liked him a lot as a kid, good body, and a great moonsault. He was VERY 2000s looking.
4. Mark Jindrak. Because he was in Spanish Soap Operas and he was the reflection of perfection, playa.
5. Chuck Palumbo. I really liked Billy and Chuck, but I never liked him as a wrestler. He seems like a nice guy going by his car show thing though.
6. Reno. Terrible wrestler. Looked dumb but also gets bonus points for looking dumb. He looks like a villain from a JCVD movie. Should have feuded with Hogan in the early 90s.
7. Shawn Stasiak. Fucking terrible roid monkey.

O'Haire had legend written all over him. He was the breakout star 100%

If you were in charge of WWE what is the first thing you would do?

Me? I would change the name to WCW because WWE is an awful name.

That would be too big of a risk to investors? Nonsense. I would allay their fears with hard data that WCW is a very popular hashtag we could ride the wave of. Profits would go up 1000% with such a move.
Tell the animals it's all business and get the name back.

Top Bottom