• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Haven't been in here in a few days, glad to see it's still the same.

Barely made it through the first half of last night's raw. Much of the same crap. Here's my daily/weekly hilariously bad Wreddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCir..._wwe_is_the_best_its_been_in_years_right_now/

Blue or Zach, what should I watch tomorrow while working from home? Was thinking of plowing through more of the War Games stuff which has been really friggin great.

Kaladin

Barely made it through the first half of last night's raw. Much of the same crap. Here's my daily/weekly hilariously bad Wreddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCir..._wwe_is_the_best_its_been_in_years_right_now/

Blue or Zach, what should I watch tomorrow while working from home? Was thinking of plowing through more of the War Games stuff which has been really friggin great.

I agree with that reddit user.

Kaladin

Best in years?

A lot of the booking is pretty similar, it's just a lot of new faces. I will say the IC/mid-card is stacked right now and I'm really enjoying what they're bringing.

Corbin is going to flame out before the year is over

New faces getting meaningful pushes with good matches on Raw makes it better than it has been in a long time.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

LOL that Wreddit thread. smh

I got a recommendation for you, pal. You ready? This is off the beaten path

ECW Hardcore TV 106 - May 1 of 1995.

ECW is trash, but this had Eddy vs Malenko and it was HOT.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Well yeah, remember when I said the Styles/Reigns stuff has been really good but then you guys all fucking shit on it? Good times.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well yeah, remember when I said the Styles/Reigns stuff has been really good but then you guys all fucking shit on it? Good times.

Who are you talking to? Because I know I've felt the same way, it's been great.

That match was really good. It showed Reigns can hold a match. My only complaint was I'd like to see Reign open up a bit an do less of the power move + posture.

ECW Hardcore TV 106 - May 1 of 1995.

ECW is trash, but this had Eddy vs Malenko and it was HOT.

Was this their final ECW match? I've seen that and it was great

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Who are you talking to? Because I know I've felt the same way, it's been great.

Yesterday, when the angle was happening and I was saying it was good and everyone was nitpicking this and that to reach the conclusion that it's obvious that AJ Styles is buried.

That match was really good. It showed Reigns can hold a match. My only complaint was I'd like to see Reign open up a bit an do less of the power move + posture.

I'm waiting for that too. Probably why I can't stand a Brock match anymore. Feels like a spam fireball, uppercut. That's it.

Menome

I'm liking it. Probably the best Reigns has been in a long time. Usos as his team is what brings it down slightly.

Last night just didn't move anything forward appreciably. It was a repeat of last week except not the main event this time.

I kinda hope they get early ECW up on the network, there's some good stuff there - Terry Funk feuding with Eddie Gilbert, the Super Destroyers, coked up Jimmy Snuka, Sandman when he was still a surfer dude, Rockin' Rebel, etc. It still felt like trash, but in an old-school NWA sort of way.

Kaladin

I like the subtle hints that Family is forever but "The Club" might not be. It continues to play on the rocky relationship that AJ and Gallows / Anderson have had from the start.

It is quite possibly the most interesting thing they have done with Roman Reigns in a long time, though I'll admit it's not because of anything Reigns is doing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I can't remember if its their first or last. Okay though, now I'm gonna dig deeper...

AWA's Wrestlerock 86.

http://www.legitshook.com/awa-1/2016/4/21/wrestlerock-86

Like, seriously, it's incredible. Harley Race being incredible. Bockwinkel vs Hansen. Fabulous Ones. Martel. Scott Hall and Curt Hennig pre-wwf. Sherri Martel in action.

Yesterday, when the angle was happening and I was saying it was good and everyone was nitpicking this and that to reach the conclusion that it's obvious that AJ Styles is buried.

That's stupid. It's been good for over a month now, legitimately good. AJ Styles is buried...smh. Right after he headlined a PPV.

I don't even know man. I did find No Way Out 2000 to be pretty good, RR 2000 was straight, most people love it. It's sad it's only 2 weeks until Mania 16 and only match we know is the the event. That's not even complete.

Watch IYH:Canadian Stampede 97 or SummerSlam 98. The Venis v D'Lo match stands out so well.

Angry Grimace

I'm waiting for that too. Probably why I can't stand a Brock match anymore. Feels like a spam fireball, uppercut. That's it.

The suplexes ruined all of Brock's matches because there's nobody who can plausibly just stop him from suplexing them over and over.

As much as some of y'all eat up the Brock Lesnar gimmick I'm pretty much shot of it. They made him completely overpowered to the point that only Reigns can plausibly beat him but everyone would get mad if and when that happened.

Kaladin

I can't remember if its their first or last. Okay though, now I'm gonna dig deeper...

AWA's Wrestlerock 86.

http://www.legitshook.com/awa-1/2016/4/21/wrestlerock-86

Like, seriously, it's incredible. Harley Race being incredible. Bockwinkel vs Hansen. Fabulous Ones. Martel. Scott Hall and Curt Hennig pre-wwf. Sherri Martel in action.

There is a whole Eddie vs Dean in ECW DVD out there that is great.

http://www.highspots.com/p/26345.html

Disc 1

1. Dean Malenko vs. 2 Cold Scorpio (3/18/95)

2. Dean Malenko Promo (3/18/95)

3. Eddie Guerrero vs. 2 Cold Scorpio (4/8/95)

4. Eddie Guerrero Promo (4/15/95)

5. Dean Malenko vs. Eddie Guerrero (4/15/95)

6. Dean Malenko vs. Eddie Guerrero (5/13/95)

7. Malenko Guerrero Classic Commercial (5/13/95)

8. Dean Malenko vs. Eddie Guerrero (Fan Cam 5/19/95)

9. Dean Malenko vs. Eddie Guerrero (Fan Cam 5/20/95)

10. Dean Malenko vs. Eddie Guerrero (Fan Cam 5/20/95)

Disc 2

1. Paul E. Promo (7/15/95)

2. Dean Malenko & 2 Cold Scorpio vs. Eddie Guerrero & Taz (7/15/95)

3. Dean Malekno & 2 Cold Scorpio vs. Eddie Guerrero & Taz (Clipped, 7/20/95)

4. 2 Cold Scorpio Promo (7/21/95)

5. Dean Malenko vs. Eddie Guerrero (7/21/95)

6. 2 Cold Scorpio Promo (7/28/95)

7. Dean Malenko vs. Eddie Guerrero (7/28/95)

8. Malenko vs. Guerrero Video Recap (8/26/95)

9. Dean Malenko vs. Eddie Guerrero (8/26/95)

10. Dean Malenko's & Eddie Guerrero's Farewell Speeches (8/26/95)

I think there are seven matches there.

If that hardcore TV episode was May 1st 95, it was their first match. I'd be curious to test the Network quality vs the DVD.

I don't even know man. I did find No Way Out 2000 to be pretty good, RR 2000 was straight, most people love it. It's sad it's only 2 weeks until Mania 16 and only match we know is the the event. That's not even complete.

Watch IYH:Canadian Stampede 97 or SummerSlam 98. The Venis v D'Lo match stands out so well.

Seen IYH and SS 98 (I think?), but I'll check the others.

The suplexes ruined all of Brock's matches because there's nobody who can plausibly just stop him from suplexing them over and over.

As much as some of y'all eat up the Brock Lesnar gimmick I'm pretty much shot of it. They made him completely overpowered to the point that only Reigns can plausibly beat him but everyone would get mad if and when that happened.

Brock is the new Taker WrestleMania streak

0YKG1k0.gif

tumblr_mk89cxJsxY1r65wyqo2_250.gif

tough_enough.gif

Fox318

I can't even think of what company would make sense. Only thing I can think of is Amazon or something a bit out of left field-ish like that. Idea being it brings live sports to IPTV

• Chinese media conglomerate
  • Arab Royalty
  • Fox or Disney would be smart to buy it so they would own the content to their network.
  • Google or some other web video provider could want it to have a sports presence on a streaming service
  • Maybe Reebok goes all in...

Angry Grimace

Sad thing is, I don't think even Vince could afford between $3.5 billion and $4 billion to buy UFC.
WWE is worth only a little more than a billion. UFC is getting people to mass-buy PPVs still.

Angry Grimace

lol at even the thought that Vince could afford UFC
I mean he could get investors but the reality is that even if he had 5 times as much money so he could buy it dude knows fucken nothing about running a legit sports business. He's a grizzled old carny.

Fox318

lol at even the thought that Vince could afford UFC

Imagine a Vince run UFC.

The man has no clue what a real fight looks like and has practically been in isolation from the outside world because all he does is work.

He lives in a carny bubble inside a carny office building in Connecticut.

Imagine a Vince run UFC.

The man has no clue what a real fight looks like and has practically been in isolation from the outside world because all he does is work.

He lives in a carny bubble inside a carny office building in Connecticut.

All three women's divisions would immediately be abolished, Conor would be depushed for thinking he's better than the company and defend his belt on a preshow, and Stefan Struve would somehow get a title shot

Top Bottom