• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

When it's funded, our first order of business will be to set up another Go-Fund-Us to buy Lesnar out of his WWE contract.

Lesnar vs. Tank Abbot UgaFC I live on PPV
Co-main Punk vs Shamrock vs Kimbo
Co-co-main Angle vs Bryan vs Goldberg vs Samoa Joe vs Alex Riley in a barbed C4 cage

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't want to say "I like Reigns," but I will say that he has been very good since they retooled his character after the nose surgery. They mostly got rid of the dick jokes and just made him and an angry fuck which is exactly what he should be doing.

You see, I was going to say double ref with terry and mick. We're on the same page.
images

Keep your day job.

Kaladin

I don't want to say "I like Reigns," but I will say that he has been very good since they retooled his character after the nose surgery. They mostly got rid of the dick jokes and just made him and an angry fuck which is exactly what he should be doing.

He's working with the best material he's had in a long time.......and not fucking it up to boot.

New WWE paperwork filed with the SEC reveals that Triple H signed a new three-year wrestler's deal on May 9th. This indicates that he is planning on wrestling through WrestleMania 35 in 2019.

Triple H's previous performer's deal expired at the end of March and this new deal will automatically renew unless they terminate it for any reason.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
He's working with the best material he's had in a long time.......and not fucking it up to boot.
The boos kind of fit the character really. I can see why turning him heel would be dumb. He really does fit a niche.

I think the real problem is one of those things that won't become apparent for a while, which is that Reigns never fucking loses. He has 0 clean losses since becoming a singles wrestler. This is going to go very quick from "serviceable character" to "John Cena 2016." Ironic since I like Cena himself, but that's a recent development.

Hmm Hardcore Holly should be ic champion with this 247 deal. Crash is meh, Holly has been here longer. Crash should just be watching his back.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I like it. H is in his prime. Keep these matches coming, Papa H.

Luschient

Yeah, I was set to laugh at H going for at least another 3 years but....fuck it, he's in fantastic shape and can still go.

Wonder if he has an <ahem> end game for his career in mind or if he'll just go until he feels he can't perform at top level any longer.

Kaladin

Triple H is in his prime. He is the go to guy for the big involved storylines now when they need a big marquee name to push it over the top.

Undertaker is getting up there in years and I don't think he'll make it another 3 Manias.

They can't rely on any other legends like Stone Cold or The Rock for a consistent performance like Triple H does when he's called upon.

Face it, Triple H is the man.

UberTag

The boos kind of fit the character really. I can see why turning him heel would be dumb. He really does fit a niche.

I think the real problem is one of those things that won't become apparent for a while, which is that Reigns never fucking loses. He has 0 clean losses since becoming a singles wrestler. This is going to go very quick from "serviceable character" to "John Cena 2016." Ironic since I like Cena himself, but that's a recent development.
Even Cena loses clean occasionally. Provided, of course, he wins the next 5 or so matches to reinforce his opponent's legit place on the pecking order.

What happen to Neville?
He's remaking himself into the new Adam Rose so he can take his place in the Social Outcasts without anyone knowing any different.

Angry Grimace

Even Cena loses clean occasionally. Provided, of course, he wins the next 5 or so matches to reinforce his opponent's legit place on the pecking order.

He's remaking himself into the new Adam Rose so he can take his place in the Social Outcasts without anyone knowing any different.
That's what I'm saying: Reigns never fucking loses the way Cena Prime never fucking lost.

Good Cena is a new development really.

lupin23rd

Are you guys sure they released the Brooklyn Brawler? I'm pretty sure he was on RAW last night tearing up Jerichos jacket at the end of the show.

Nah Ambrose is alright

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So I've started WWF in the year 1998. This is the year that brought me back into wrestling...but that didn't start until the night after Wrestlemania XIV, so these first few months are a familiar feeling but wholly alien world.

The roster will never be as thin and yet as stacked as it is in this period. Bret is gone. Sid is a distant memory. No more Ahmed either. Mark Henry goes the Nation, which is now seemingly led by The Rock. Owen is starting a program with HHH. THEY DO A RUNNING TALLY OF STUNNERS ON THE FIRST RAW OF THE YEAR. HBK is getting close to retiring. Goldust is the artist formally known as Goldust and is wearing a different outfit every week with Luna as his manager. They have a mini's match on Royal Rumble. The crowd is WHITE HOT for everything. Ken Shamrock gets deafening cheers, Rocky Sucks chants are thunderous. People still like Vader for a few more months. McMahon is hob knobbing with a rapist. Shane O' Mac makes his first non emergency ref appearance in years. Everyone is hunting for Stone Cold because they know he is going to win the Rumble and they don't want that.

SD ongoing, looks rough

* SmackDown opens with Dean Ambrose cutting a promo in the ring, about how he's even with Chris Jericho now due to Mitch and the light-up jacket being destroyed. Jericho's music hits and the lights go out. They come back on with Jericho already in the ring and Ambrose laid out. Jericho pulls out a strait-jacket and begins beating on Ambrose. Jericho stands tall
* Rusev defeated Sin Cara in a short match, with The Accolade. WWE United States Champion Kalisto was on commentary. Rusev left both Lucha Dragons laying
* Renee Young interviews Emma backstage. She formally introduces Dana Brooke, who will face Becky Lynch tonight
* Dana Brooke defeated Becky Lynch via distraction rollup
* RAW replay of the six-man match
* Backstage segment with Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson. AJ Styles approaches and promises to take care of Roman Reigns if he interferes in their match against The Usos tonight
* Aiden English defeated Kofi Kingston. Ref ejected Gotch, Woods and Big E from the arena. This led to Kofi being distracted and English getting the win with an assist from the ropes
* Backstage segment with WWE World Heavyweight Champion Roman Reigns and The Usos. Like AJ did with Gallows and Anderson, Reigns promises to take AJ out if he gets involved tonight
* The Usos defeated Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson by DQ. Gallows hit one with a steel chair for the disqualification. Anderson and Gallows stand tall after a beatdown with chairs, leaving The Usos laying.
* Backstage segments with R-Truth building a selfie stick out of an actual stick with Tyler Breeze, and Fandango trying to teach Goldust to dance
* They air a Life Lessons segment with Bob Backlund and Darren Young. Backlund asks Young what time it is on his watch and Young pulls out his phone to check. This causes Backlund to berate him for trying to make a phone call. Backlund assigns him 200 squats for disobedience

Dana already in on the RollUp Party

Angry Grimace

SmackDown literally does not matter.

Also Aiden English's voice sounds just like Shawn Michaels and it's distracting.

Zach

The Fantastics vs The Malenkos - (AJPW 1989/07/15)

Starts out a bit shaky, but this ends up being a hell of a fun tag match. State of the art for 1989. The Fantastics are one of my all-time favourite teams, while The Malenkos are pretty underrated. Joe's so good, he compliments Dean's style really well in spite of them being pretty similar. If you haven't seen this, do yourself a favour. It's awesome.

BvtNcux.gif
I bet this is great. I should probably watch it buuut chronological journey.

SD over

* R-Truth and Tyler Breeze defeated Fandango and Goldust. Fandango and Breeze stand tall postmatch.
* Another vignette for The Shining Stars (The Colons)
* Renee Young interviews Ric Flair and WWE Women's Champion Charlotte. Charlotte says what happened on RAW was a travesty. Flair promises Charlotte will retain at Extreme Rules
* Cesaro and Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens and WWE Intercontinental Champion The Miz with Maryse ended in a No Contest. Cesaro hit a 32 second Swing on Miz and then slingshots him into the corner for a Helluva Kick from Sami. SmackDown ends with everyone cheering for Sami and Cesaro

Zach

Poor Rey. That unmasking was kinda depressing. Seems dumb, but at least Hall/Nash sold for him like crazy. But still. Probably a bad call.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The Fantastics vs The Malenkos - (AJPW 1989/07/15)

Starts out a bit shaky, but this ends up being a hell of a fun tag match. State of the art for 1989. The Fantastics are one of my all-time favourite teams, while The Malenkos are pretty underrated. Joe's so good, he compliments Dean's style really well in spite of them being pretty similar. If you haven't seen this, do yourself a favour. It's awesome.

BvtNcux.gif

Love this. Watched it while I played that Rome II Total War kideo. Perfect accompaniment. Fantastics in the mid to late 80s were amazing.

Poor Rey. That unmasking was kinda depressing. Seems dumb, but at least Hall/Nash sold for him like crazy. But still. Probably a bad call.

Oh man. It was terrible.

Top Bottom