• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

klonere

Banned
I wonder if we'll ever know the Ascension's motivation or the source of their power. Are they Illuminati? What is the significance of them bearing the eye of Ra? The greatest tragedy of their failure to catch on on the main roster is that this story will never be told.

They uh, don't tend to tell anyone's story to that level of depth. Like I'd envision Tyler Breeze as a former model who got blackballed from the modelling scene for attacking people he thought were uglier than him but in ~deepest lore~ it was actually models he felt threatened by. A sociopathic, violent and dangerous man.

But he just takes selfies now I guess.

Tom Nook

EmeXnjJ.jpg

If Meng wants to be his bitch, you better comply.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
They uh, don't tend to tell anyone's story to that level of depth. Like I'd envision Tyler Breeze as a former model who got blackballed from the modelling scene for attacking people he thought were uglier than him but in ~deepest lore~ it was actually models he felt threatened by. A sociopathic, violent and dangerous man.

But he just takes selfies now I guess.

Trying to figure out anyone's motivation for joining a wrestling league is an exercise doomed to fail. Like why is an undead wizard wrestling, or a blue-blood rich guy, or demon, or a backwoods cult leader?

Literally the only guys who have been given a sensible reason to be wrestlers are American Alpha and Brock Lesnar.

“I’d say that to me professional wrestling today has mostly little people in it,” Hart said. “I don’t see any real big men anymore. Very few anyway. The ones that are in it aren’t used properly. Like Mark Henry. It just seems to me, and I don’t mean to disrespect anyone in the business. A lot of guys are working really hard. I miss seeing some of the big guys. When you talk about getting rid of a Wade Barrett. Guys like Mark Henry are seeing less and less time on TV.”

He continued, saying, “It seems like the wrestlers they’re all little jumping bean guys. They’re all Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels kind of smaller guys. I was 230 pounds. I think I was bigger, a little bit bigger, in mass than some of these guys today. There’s so many guys that have the same stats. Six feet tall, five-eleven, one hundred and eighty five or ninety pounds. Dolph Ziggler. They do a million high spots. They’re in great, phenomenal shape. They all look the same. They all got rock hard abs. They all look like swimmers. I miss the guys that would go out there that looked like Nikolai Volkoff. Or somebody that looks like Don Leo Jonathan or Mad Dog Vachon. Where’s the big guys? Where’s the King Kong Bundys? Who’s hiding all the King Kong Bundys in the world? Where did they go?”
This guy is reading my mind. We need more giants.

klonere

Banned
Trying to figure out anyone's motivation for joining a wrestling league is an exercise doomed to fail.

Literally the only guys with a sensible reason are American Alpha and Brock Lesnar.

You have to at least attempt to justify shitty outlandish gimmicks in 2016. Everyone should be just a bland as fuck athlete in that case (not implying that AA or Lesnar are this).

Or you don't actually because the wrestlers don't actually matter in the grand scheme of things.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Vince just discovered this guy named Big Cass (it doesn't stand for anything)

You have to at least attempt to justify shitty outlandish gimmicks in 2016. Everyone should be just a bland as fuck athlete in that case (not implying that AA or Lesnar are this).

Or you don't actually because the wrestlers don't actually matter in the grand scheme of things.

They usually only have 1 guy with a really ridiculous gimmick and its Bray Wyatt right now.

Raymond "Adam Rose" Leppan was arrested this morning by The Hillsborough, Florida Sheffiffs office at 1:30. He was charged with Tampering With a Witness and Battery Domestic Violence.

Obviously, this not a good thing for a person already serving a 60 day WWE suspension.

Another release coming

klonere

Banned

List of giants right now:

Corbin (jobbed out to Ziggler twice, clearly not being built for anything real big anytime soon)
Kane (KANE IN 2016)
Brauny the Stroman (Goofy as hell and has been killed by Brock already, in the Wyatt family so destined to lose)
Big Show (Old, broken, abused, "booked like shit" by his own word)
Big Cass (Well, we'll see. As a face he has a better chance of not being beaten by Cena or Roman but instead be made look to be an idiot via rollup etc)
Harper (Yes, he counts imo. Huge dude that can MOVE. Is a Wyatt so lol)
Luke Gallows (We'll see, won't be anything special based off his last run)
Jack Swagger (Billed at 6'6 and is a shooter but victim of horrific booking and smoking weed)

It's the booking breh, they have plenty of giants and a couple of huge dudes hanging around the PC. Giants of yore were built up over months, killing people, never being knocked off their feet, having an aura of mystery about them. You want that in the era of 5 hours of first run TV WWE? You ain't getting it.

Giants fucking suck, hosses is where its at

bjork

Ride the nostalgia pop.

I mean, it's a baldfaced lie to say his comeback wasn't well received by fans. The vast majority of ticket sales for WM 12 were based on his appearance there and that's why a lot of people left before the Ironman Match even started.

source?

because I was there and I remember it being packed. The entrances for HBK and Bret were some of the loudest things I'd ever heard.

Sephzilla

I want to hear your thoughts on it. I just plowed through the remastered games in 6 days last week and started 4 last night. I am still in a state of shock. I'm not a huge fanboy of the first three games but enjoy them as an Indiana Jones adventure romp.

This though...omg dude...

It's good. :)

Now that I think about it, I don't think I've actually finished Uncharted 3

Jamie OD

Rose's WWE career is dead for sure.

http://corporate.wwe.com/wellness/talent-wellness-summary

POLICIES
WWE has zero tolerance for matters involving domestic violence, child abuse and sexual assault. Upon arrest for such misconduct, a WWE talent will be immediately suspended. Upon conviction for such misconduct, a WWE talent will be immediately terminated.

WWE’s ability to fine, suspend or terminate a WWE talent will not be, however, limited or compromised in any manner in the event incontrovertible evidence of such illegal misconduct is presented to WWE. Section 9.13(a) of the WWE booking contract, commonly known as the “morals clause”, provides WWE with broad discretion and authority to act under such circumstances.

Aiii

So not worth it
Before you judge all harsh and shit, please do keep in mind this man was on prescription drugs for a mental condition, which the WWE is forcing him to no longer take so he can pass their drug tests, so there is a good chance he's not taking them.

But the real question is how the Rosebuds are handling it?

Seriously though, it's upsetting to hear about this. Didn't care for Adam Rose but didn't mean I wanted him ending up in a cell.

BFIB

Oh man. WWF No Mercy. Back when HHH/Steph were on their TV power trip.

We've come a long way since then.

Top Bottom