• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

RBH

Kazuchika-Okada-645x370.jpg

Kazuchika Okada did an interview with Sports Illustrated, and some highlights are below:

On training with Ultimo Dragon: “I am new school, but Ultimo Dragon taught me that wrestling is a fight. He taught me the importance of the fighting spirit in the ring. I started wrestling in Mexico, and then I came to New Japan. I tried to be different. I learned the Mexican style, the Japanese style and the American style. My dropkick is from Mexico, but my fighting spirit is from Japan. The TV and the entertainment is from the U.S., so everything combined. I was a young age, 16 years old, in Mexico. I traveled to these different countries, and I have the new style from Mexico and TNA. I wrestled two years in Florida, then back in Japan, and everything combined for a new style. It’s different. I was looking for old school wrestling that looked new. Dropkicks are old moves, but I wanted to make a new version of an old move.”

On TNA’s mishandling of him: “I learned in TNA that I needed more than just a good match–I needed a character. That’s how I became the “Rainmaker.” It was good for me. TNA didn’t use me, but I got hungrier to wrestle. The struggle made me better. I was always a good wrestler. I feel like I can wrestle anybody. Of course, I wanted to main event wrestling matches in TNA, but in their eyes, no, that would not happen. So I went back to New Japan. I took the timing and technique I learned in the U.S. back with me to Japan. When I was in TNA, somebody told me about the ‘Rainmaker.’ I thought it was a nice character. In Japan, there is no character–it’s fight, fight, fight. So I needed a character. When I was just a strong wrestler, TNA didn’t use me. I didn’t have a character, so I knew I needed one. That’s what the agents in TNA kept telling me, so I made this character and I took it to New Japan.”

On Shinsuke Nakamura signing with WWE: “I was very surprised he left for WWE. I was so surprised, but it’s no problem. That’s what he wanted–he wanted to go. There is more emotion in a match in New Japan. The matches here in the U.S. are so fast that sometime they lack emotion. It is move, move, move. When I lost last year’s Tokyo Dome [at Wrestle Kingdom 9], I almost cried. There is that much emotion, and that is a big difference in style.”
http://411mania.com/wrestling/kazuchika-okada-was-surprised-nakamura-went-to-wwe/

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Mannnnn, that Austin domestic abuse interview going round the Coli is pretty rough.

klonere

Banned
I hope he doesn't, just because it annoys people that he uses it.

Get over it. DDTs, leg drops and elbow drops used to be finishers. Now they aren't. Austin hasn't had a proper match in 13 years.

It's more to do with the move looks like shit and he never hits it properly.

Also, Meltz in the latest podcast said he will never get involved in an angle.

#Shooter

He joked about being involved in the Global Wars show ending angle if he had been there. I bet the Bucks would have asked him. They superkicked the Dad and Meltz is an honorary Uncle.

Pity that the Young Bucks have swanton bombed the shark. I liked their shtick a lot but trying to come across as a serious NWO style invasion force is just hilarious. Fergal needs to come back and beat some sense into the whole fucking unit.

The biggest mistake I ever made was rent Rumble Roses off of Gamefly one time
The fastest return in Gamefly history
I loved the game. It was something I purchased waiting for the next SD game to come out. I think I paid 20 bucks and it was worth it. Everything was so stiff.

Ronin Ray

So I have been watching NXT and have seen more of Finn Balor. I have see videos of him in Bullet Club and his cool comic book entrances but he does zero for me. Am I missing the boat on this guy? I honestly don't see anything special about him. Is there any specific promos or matches I should watch?

At this point I'm so starved for a good wrasslin' title I would take a Rumble Roses sequel as shameless as that one female wrestling anime to get my fix.

So anyway I hear some folks were talking smack about Alicia Fox's mighty crater kick finisher, it's wonderful, the best scissor kick is the one that looks like it just caved someones skull in twain.

Raw64life

At this point I'm so starved for a good wrasslin' title I would take a Rumble Roses sequel as shameless as that one female wrestling anime to get my fix.

So anyway I hear some folks were talking smack about Alicia Fox's mighty crater kick finisher, it's wonderful, the best scissor kick is the one that looks like it just caved someones skull in twain.

Pretty sure her initial push was killed because she actually caved Beth Phoenix's skull with it

Bronx-Man

Banned
Bronson posting in WrassleGAF again? I guess it's that time of the year where all the part-timers come crawling back for one more payday.

I checked the post count to see how much I should hate myself and...

7yfjzXN.png

Mah gawd! That vile demon Bluekaveli!
Sacrifice, is going on tonight.

Welp, comcast has hooked me. I'm upgrading only because my promotion is ending and I'll end up playing 67 bucks instead of 36. Now I'll pay 41,which isn't bad.

Top Bottom