• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Kaladin

I think myself, Bronx-Man, Zach, Data West, Sephzilla, Nocturnowl, Aiii, jmdajr, Kaladin, Klonere, Angry Grimace, Browny, sf2fanatic, Liquidsnake, Bluekaveli, imbask - The King of Wrong Style and many others would have something to say about that.

I was included in something. I am cool!

The TNA death clock has somehow been stuck at 115:59 for months,

I dont know what this latest bad news could do to them. They have been dodging death for at least a year. Dixie will be doing shows in back gardens before TNA officially closes / sells.

From the latest issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter:

Can they blame that on the internet like they do for low TV views?

Business is down. Not surprising as WWE has done its best to errode its core market for a decade.

Right now I wouldnt call it bad though. Its just frustrating. They have the talent and they are stumbling onto good ideas more and more which just makes you more frustrated when they mess something up yet again.

I know I have been watching a lot less WWE lately and its not because of a lack of free time. I would just rather be doing just about anything else.

You might have noticed this but for whatever reason all of the Attitude era Wrestlemania's are among the worst WWF shows of that year. XV and XVI especially but XIV isn't that great. The final show of the era happens to be the best show of all time to make up for it.
The funniest thing is ..... WM XIV was actually a really good show and XVII is even better. The first and last are the best. I can't remember much of these ppvs tbh. I remember what happens but the ppvs are blurry to me, I didn't get to watch every ppv as a kid. Usually WM, the ppv after, SS, and maybe Rumble.

This podcast is spot on about 2000. I didn't know the full story about Foley though. How hurt he was, the main event was just thrown together(well duh) and he didn't know so much.

CiS2adPUkAApsD5.jpg

Kaladin

I wonder if there's anyone -- even a child -- who is really invested in the Stardust character.

There are kids who know everything there is to know about every wrestler.

The one time I went to a Smackdown taping I sat in front of a little kid and his brother and this kid was telling his brother every storyline fact about any wrestler that came out the whole taping.

I was sitting there thinking "and I thought I was a mark."

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The funniest thing is ..... WM XIV was actually a really good show and XVII is even better. The first and last are the best. I can't remember much of these ppvs tbh. I remember what happens but the ppvs are blurry to me, I didn't get to watch every ppv as a kid. Usually WM, the ppv after, SS, and maybe Rumble.

This podcast is spot on about 2000. I didn't know the full story about Foley though. How hurt he was, the main event was just thrown together(well duh) and he didn't know so much.

They literally put Foley in there to give him a huge retirement bonus. That being said, it doesn't excuse the main problem with the match which is the finish.

They literally put Foley in there to give him a huge retirement bonus. That being said, it doesn't excuse the main problem with the match which is the finish.
That match was dumb. Especially since they just did it for the swerve.

Hunter took his own move and can't get up from it. You're such a student, you didn't see that.

klonere

Banned
Seeing as its half way through the year or something close to it I was trying to think of my top 5 matches for the year. I realize that I need to write everything I watch down - I forget stuff so easily

Right now I think it looks something like this:

1) KUSHIDA vs Will Ospreay - NJPW Invasion Attack
2) Zack Sabre Jr. vs Will Ospreay - Evolve 58
3) Kento Miyahara vs Kengo Mashimo - AJPW Champions Carnival 4/9/16
4) Kazuchika Okada vs Hiroshi Tanahashi - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 10
5) Kazuchika Okada vs Tetsuya Naito - NJPW Invasion Attack

.,,jesus I had to cut so much and I'm not sure I'm happy with this list. I'm also terrible at going back to watch stuff again. This has been an incredible year for wrestling so far though!

Zach

Rey's new post-mask attire has hindered him multiple times. He's slipped on the ropes (and Bam Bam's back) and can't properly flippy dippy spinny because of the baggy jeans. I'm pretty sure he keeps with this attire, which seems insane since he's already almost died a couple times.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Seems like people finally started to notice that Brock Lesnar being completely fucking invincible all the time actually sucks.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I think I need to add "Someone who watches NJPW makes a snooty comment about people who watch WWE" to the bingo board.

klonere

Banned
Seems like people finally started to notice that Brock Lesnar being completely fucking invincible all the time actually sucks.

> literally the only person on the entire roster not subject to 50/50 booking and overexposure
> wrestles as befitting his character
> consistently fantastic matches against a range of opponents
> "waaahhhh he sucks!!!"

Brock's still great, fans still fucking idiots

Zach

I've been saying Brock Lesnar is trash city forever. I mean, he has what it takes if he wanted to commit to the wrassle, but he's not into it so it's no fun. For me at least.

I'm klonere and I'm mad!

(But I hurt inside.)

klonere

Banned
I've been saying Brock Lesnar is trash city forever. I mean, he has what it takes if he wanted to commit to the wrassle, but he's not into it so it's no fun. For me at least.

I'm klonere and I'm mad!

(But I hurt inside.)

Hey just cos he treats like a clock in clock out job doesn't mean his a terrible wrestler

It takes all sorts!

I'm actually very happy right now I'll have you know!

I was hoping they'd call Balor up to make things more interesting in NXT. Now we got a Joe/Balor rematch so I'm wondering if the dude is going anywhere any time soon.

I just tried to play WCW Mayhem, and stopped after about 3 moves. Backstage Assault won't even load. It's for the better.

Brock's Undertaker feud last year was kind of cool.

Top Bottom