• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

To anyone who listened to the Attitude Era podcast, Backlash 2000. Why did they feel as if the WM 15 main event wasn't done right? Was it, they felt it should've been a 3 way? Or The Rock wasn't ready? Rock made a lot of guys eat crow backstage, he proved to actually be worth it.

Everyone knows that I am the crown jewel of WrassleGAF.

While you marks look like hobo wrestling fans, I actually look like a wrestler.

#FEra

The crown jewel, you say?
alUAraP.gif

WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT SHRIMP COCKTAILS, MY FRIEND, HUH?

Also, Jesus Christ, ROH, I know it's just a Jimmy Rave vs. Pelle Primeau match, but you couldn't upload something above 240p?

Looks like one of the Young Bucks and Rocky Romero got hurt so they changed up the NYC card. The Bucks, Cole, and Page didn't have matches to begin with.

Now we're getting Tanahashi vs. Sydal

Thank fucking god I'm not going to that
That card looks like shit

Get the fuck out of here with a Silas Young vs. KUSHIDA match, ROH. I don't know, maybe put Lio Rush in that spot instead and stick useless Silas Young in that meaningless Four Corner Survival? Unless Gedo likes him some Silas Young and Beer City Bruiser because they're shitty American indie wrestlers too.

And a three way tag main event. Christ.

It's spectacular how quickly ROH booking exploded. They went from not doing all that much, wasting some talent here, putting over too many NJPW guys there but it was inoffensive.

In two nights they just blew everything up. I wonder what happened behind the scenes. I wonder if Delirious has adapted his gimmick to his booking.

Gedo told Delirious that he wanted certain things to happen, so the American satellite office had to comply.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
To anyone who listened to the Attitude Era podcast, Backlash 2000. Why did they feel as if the WM 15 main event wasn't done right? Was it, they felt it should've been a 3 way? Or The Rock wasn't ready? Rock made a lot of guys eat crow backstage, he proved to actually be worth it.

Pfft, the Rock is ready by the end of 1998. This was about continuing to build up HHH.

Unlike the haters out there I think what they did with HHH in late 1999/2000 mainly worked...just not that match. He'd just been through an absolute war with Foley earlier in the year and the wet fart way he wins this match.

Show was the fourth wheel. If it had just been Rock and Foley and HHH though the match also wouldn't have worked. We have tons of proof that just Rock/HHH would have worked out fine, but they wanted to reward Foley and making him ref just wouldn't have felt right either.

This is completely ignoring the fact that Big Show actually won the Royal Rumble by the way, so they decide on the four man elimination match with a McMahon in every corner. Honestly? The set up is fine. The match is just a dud with a bad ending.

Hex

Banned
Time to take a Divas break and go back to my Friday the 13th marathon.
And god damn it why does my British snacks have to take over a month to ship on Amazon yo?
I need my Jammy Dodgers and Boost bars.

Pfft, the Rock is ready by the end of 1998. This was about continuing to build up HHH.

Unlike the haters out there I think what they did with HHH in late 1999/2000 mainly worked...just not that match. He'd just been through an absolute war with Foley earlier in the year and the wet fart way he wins this match.

Show was the fourth wheel. If it had just been Rock and Foley and HHH though the match also wouldn't have worked. We have tons of proof that just Rock/HHH would have worked out fine, but they wanted to reward Foley and making him ref just wouldn't have felt right either.

This is completely ignoring the fact that Big Show actually won the Royal Rumble by the way, so they decide on the four man elimination match with a McMahon in every corner. Honestly? The set up is fine. The match is just a dud with a bad ending.
Not WM16 main event, WM15 main event. Austin v Rock, they said two years in a row they got the main event wrong.

Hex

Banned
I love that my lord and master and yours, Pentagon Jr has become more and more a big part of the indies.

Fun match with Pentagon Jr vs Sami Callihan here

Kaladin

Friends, we are two months away from the WWE Cruiserweight Classic. I feel like this will be the game changing event we have been waiting for.

I feel like part of what me me kind of eh on Jericho in WWE was him using that instead of the Lion Tamer. Gotta put that knee into em and make em cry for mama.
Yep, once he got to the land of Giants, he couldn't pull back as much. But he still does it on smaller guys.

So in this podcast, they say they don't want to see a graveyard tombstone for Bossman because he's really dead but they don't say that for The Giant Gonzalez. Then they also make fun of big Oun's weight even though he's dead. Very tasteful.

I think the reality is that Cody does a really good job of acting out any gimmick he gets. However, all his gimmicks have been were never going to go anywhere.

Mahonay

Banned
Cody is absolutely incredible at character work, and boring as fuck when it comes to actually wrestling. Mostly referring to his Stardust run.

I enjoyed Cody most when he was in a tag team, especially that championship run with Goldust. Those hot tags were hot fire. Man, huge pops. He's like the opposite of excitement now.

Oersted

From all the injured folks, I actually miss Bray the most. Despites all issues, his gimmick, especially that fucking entrance puts him ahead of the rest. You always can create geeks, strong guys and THE guys, but what he has is rare.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's nuts to me that Regis isn't in the WWE HoF considering every wrestler talks about how he was the only media guy in the 80s that took them remotely seriously and got them a lot of the tv time they never would have gotten

especially compared to like Snoop Dogg or donald Trump

It's nuts to me that Regis isn't in the WWE HoF considering every wrestler talks about how he was the only media guy in the 80s that took them remotely seriously and got them a lot of the tv time they never would have gotten

especially compared to like Snoop Dogg or donald Trump

I would say that about a lot of wrestlers too.

Mahonay

Banned
Dirt sheetz saying that Lillian Garcia just got released as well.

EDIT:
Never mind. That came out yesterday and you guys talked about it already.

I've been slow on the news while I was on vacation

Top Bottom