• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

So they have Terri and The kat work the exact same arm wrestling natch from insurrexon on sd. Every spot is the same, just a different winner and no Mae Young or Moolah.

RBH

TNA will be returning to Orlando in one month for Slammiversary and TV tapings with an upset and frustrated TV production crew if they do not catch up on payments.

PWTorch has learned from multiple sources that TNA is behind paying some production workers going back to January and March TV tapings.

After struggling to make payments on-time throughout 2015, TNA handed over the system to the Harris Twins through their production company Aroluxe, payable by TNA. Since then, payments have continued to be late. The situation has especially been exacerbated by TNA leaving their long-time office in Nashville and relocating to the merchandise warehouse.

Also, production workers have been met with resistance when inquiring about payments. PWTorch has also learned that some production workers have been told they will or might be replaced at the next tapings in June, likely in favor of independent production workers who do not have a history of late payments.

All of this comes while TNA is seeking an outside investor to pump money into the company. (Full Report from April) In the absence of a monthly live PPV, TNA’s main revenue streams right now are an Impact ad-share with Pop TV, international TV deals, and the “One Night Only” PPVs distributed in the U.S. and internationally.

TNA is also trying to reduce costs, such as moving out their Nashville office, and moving their TV post-production to the local Skyway Studios. The cost-cutting to make the company more attractive to investors is continuing to affect production workers who are vital to creating the content.

The next month will be significant for the company, both in terms of whether they get investment funds and whether they make right on paying production workers with the next PPV and TV tapings on the horizon.
http://www.pwtorch.com/site/2016/05...-behind-paying-workers-leading-slammiversary/

Hex

Banned
So finishing S3 ep 13 and during the previews the song they played I swear sounds like what they turned into Nakamura's theme

miserable

tumblr_o6wdsaSgyo1r89qoso1_500.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I was so happy for Arn.

I remember Kevin Sullivan's shoot he said that everyone was distrusting of Hogan and Hogan put over Flair and Arn back to back to try to show them he was serious about being in WCW

Seems like he finally got a proper clapback to all his random snarky quips on twitter after getting worked by a kayfabe comment. And now continues to get worked by Maria.

I remember Kevin Sullivan's shoot he said that everyone was distrusting of Hogan and Hogan put over Flair and Arn back to back to try to show them he was serious about being in WCW

Both times were legit surprising to me.

Although, now it makes Starrcade 97 even more indefensible, as if it were possible.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I am so sick of the overuse of armbars as finishers in wrestling right now. Like maybe 1% of the people who do them actually work the arm.

Everyone else just does it because ~kewl mma shoot move~ fuck off

MC Safety

I watched a random episode where Tyson Kidd didn't want to cuddle/bang even though she was standing there in lingerie

WTF dude

That wasn't quite as awkward as Paige traveling to some fan's house to sit in as he announced he was gay to his parents.

It was close, though.

WM XV is so sad, especially knowing that's the last time we'd see Monsoon. Poor guy.

I remember when they cut the camera to him during the PPV, I was like, "What the hell happened to him?" He was almost a skeleton at that point. I had no idea he was even ill.

I would have loved to have heard prime Monsoon and Heenan's commentary in the Attitude Era where they didn't really have to keep it clean.

Colocho

Banned
I watched Cena vs Rollins at Summerslam again and boy it's a brilliant match until Jon Stewart comes out. Seth is truly one of the greatest of all time.

klonere

Banned
I watched Cena vs Rollins at Summerslam again and boy it's a brilliant match until Jon Stewart comes out. Seth is truly one of the greatest of all time.

Agreed. Cena was great as well but Seth was just on another level that night. I like to think he knew the finish and said "fuck it I have to do EVERYTHING here". Cos that finish was all time bad.

I remember when they cut the camera to him during the PPV, I was like, "What the hell happened to him?" He was almost a skeleton at that point. I had no idea he was even ill.

I would have loved to have heard prime Monsoon and Heenan's commentary in the Attitude Era where they didn't really have to keep it clean.
Some days I have a debate in my head that the AE was great for commentary because it was a sleazy period and you had the sleaziest guy in Jerry the King doing it. So what I debate is, Monsoon nor The Brain would've fit in at times. Monsoon's voice is kinda old fashion and Vince's random overly excited "I just hit puberty" voice was in some category but it didn't fit too well. I like them both but it's hard to imagine The Brain being brutal as king at times. I'm probably over thinking it.

klonere

Banned
I know this has been posted before but I just want to point out

CiNveaKU4AA98PD.jpg

Tanaka: In his 40s
Hidaka; In his 40s
Akebono: In the hospital

Zach

People always talk about how dumb WCW's booking could be, but this RAW was the stupidest. Kane's kicked out of the Corporation but then Chyna's like "nah, let him beat Austin to stay in" and McMahon is like "okay, if he doesn't beat Austin he's fired!" So then the match goes down and it's a bunch of kick-punch for daaays and Chyna is getting all kinds of involved and then THE BIG NASTY PAUL WIGHT is getting involved and then chairs are being used and Chyna is low-blowing Austin and THE BIG NASTY PAUL WIGHT is coming into the ring to attack Austin but ends up kicking Kane instead. Everything in front of the ref who just acts stupid and the commentators are like "uh, well, you know, Austin used that chair so I guess all of this other stuff can happen, too FOR NO GOOD REASON." And then Austin just walks up the ramp and leaves and Cole is like "welp, I guess Kane and Chyna are still in the Corporation since Kane didn't lose or something." And I'm like ???

Zach

Why the h is WCW all of a sudden, the week before Uncensored '99, portraying Flair as a callous, family-hating jerk and Hogan as a compassionate, family-loving businessman??

I don't really remember this, so I'm almost positive I quit watching regularly here or the week before. It makes sense because, even though there's still been some good stuff peppered throughout, these shows are dragging. There's probably just as much bad as good at this point.

Why the h is WCW all of a sudden, the week before Uncensored '99, portraying Flair as a callous, family-hating jerk and Hogan as a compassionate, family-loving businessman??

I don't really remember this, so I'm almost positive I quit watching regularly here or the week before. It makes sense because, even though there's still been some good stuff peppered throughout, these shows are dragging. There's probably just as much bad as good at this point.

The only thing WCW openly hated more than money was Ric Flair

klonere

Banned
NJPW Dominion 2010 - IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship Match
Naomichi Marufuji (c) vs Prince Devitt
http://njpwworld.com/p/s_series_00283_1_1

Marufuji may just be a spot monkey to some people but he puts together of at a spot based match. The first half of it features some great working over of Devitt's leg which of course gets more or less completely forgotten in the second half but hey, what are you gonna do. Still fascinating to see pre-NXT Finn, as I wasn't even watching when he was doing his thing in Japan. Finish spoiler
The pop for Devitt winning is clearly huge but gets muted immediately for his copyrighted music :(

JY4ThNx.gif
txyWeWB.gif

0hqUN65.gif
iE7Exh2.gif

Fox318

Still better than Mania 2000

Top Bottom