• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

I watched Cena vs Rollins at Summerslam again and boy it's a brilliant match until Jon Stewart comes out. Seth is truly one of the greatest of all time.

Am I being worked?

charlotte_ricflair-7-e1454349580174.jpg

amazing

klonere

Banned
Not many can have reigns that long, with absolutely nothing memorable in any of it

Even the Jon Stewart thing was only memorable because it was Jon Stewart and John Cena. Dude was a third wheel in his own match

My favorite part was when they made him and the WHC look like shit so Taker and Brock could have another shot at having a good match

Luna will face Steph for the title. Grrreat. Oh this is the match. Stephanie wins good lord, I never knew I'd say this but I actually miss Sable. Stink clothes and all. I really miss my favourite wrestler Mero

Luna will face Steph for the title. Grrreat. Oh this is the match. Stephanie wins good lord, I never knew I'd say this but I actually miss Sable. Stink clothes and all. I really miss my favourite wrestler Mero

What did you think of Johnny B. Badd?

Speaking of which. Eddie and Benoit were both absent at Super Brawl despite great (but losing) showings at Starrcade. But thankfully we got Johnny B. Badd vs. DDP for the maybe the hundreth time.

shaowebb

I wonder why Punk went to the GTS instead of the Pepsi Plunge? Pepsi Plunge was a great super move..

Because it was "Hunters move" just done off the top rope. Plus, lets be honest here, when he showed up to WWE he changed his wrestling style into pretty much Kenta's entire style from overseas. He didn't even change the name of moves. He pretty well straight up did Kenta's schtick and then threw in the Anaconda Vice from Hiroyoshi Tenzan so that he had a move he could finish with against guys that were too big to put the GTS on.

Indie CM Punk and WWE CM Punk were two different sorts of things.

JavyOO7

Johnny B. Badd... may have had many swings and misses in his career but he had such a fun match against Pillman in fall brawl 95. He definitely hit a home run there.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I like "Marvelous" Mark Mero. Aka heel Mark Mero. It's basically the same angle Miz and Sandow ran just a little while ago. It gave him a ton of heel heat but its also the sort of gimmick that kills your career especially when they have you lose matches to your barely trained wife who can do like two moves.

Kaladin

That moment when you realize "I'm going to be married thus time next week." There is no angle, Kane isn't around the corner, it's happening. It's a good thing and has been a slow burn angle but the payoff will be 5 stars.

Tagyhag

The Nation of Domination is EXPLODING!

THE NATION OF DOMINATION IS ATTACKING THE HART FOUNDATION!

I miss Attitude Era Vince commentary before he really got into the Mr. McMahon character.

MUCH better than New Generation Vince commentating, he sounded like he was on his last breath after every move.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
God the people love Ken Shamrock.

The face pecking order in early 1998 is basically

1. SCSA. He's such a big deal in fact he doesn't usually show up until the last ten minutes of War Zone.
2. Da Undertaker. But right now he's been burned to death.
3. Ken Shamrock. The place explodes whenever this guy comes out or if he snaps and starts suplexing refs/teammates.

Vader is probably fourth. Sable if you want to count her.

God the people love Ken Shamrock.

The face pecking order in early 1998 is basically

1. SCSA. He's such a big deal in fact he doesn't usually show up until the last ten minutes of War Zone.
2. Da Undertaker. But right now he's been burned to death.
3. Ken Shamrock. The place explodes whenever this guy comes out or if he snaps and starts suplexing refs/teammates.
Shamrock....... 😢

That's all.... That's all I can do. In 98,some times I feel the long drawn out feuds with Kane, Taker, and Mankind. They should've done a face v face with Shamrock getting a 2 week title reign. Badass v Badass that wrote itself.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
That moment when you realize "I'm going to be married thus time next week." There is no angle, Kane isn't around the corner, it's happening. It's a good thing and has been a slow burn angle but the payoff will be 5 stars.
In retrospect I would have used entrance music at my wedding.

Top Bottom