• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Zach

- The Vaudevillains are great.
- Kaladin has plummeted from Fave Five to Least Fave Five with his wacky views on finishers.
- I don't believe you for a second, NeoGAF Vince McMahon.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
- Kaladin has plummeted from Fave Five to Least Fave Five with his wacky views on finishers.

Turns out we had a timing miscommunication. Now my only challenge is to find some tickets that don't have me sitting in the asshole of hot blanket.

Kaladin

Finishers shouldn't be protected. They should be major damage dealers that could be an effective end or turning point in a match, but they don't have to be the end. It adds an element of unpredictability and it forces wrestlers to get creative with endings.

Zach

Turns out we had a timing miscommunication. Now my only challenge is to find some tickets that don't have me sitting in the asshole of hot blanket.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

Finishers shouldn't be protected. They should be major damage dealers that could be an effective end or turning point in a match, but they don't have to be the end. It adds an element of unpredictability and it forces wrestlers to get creative with endings.

I know, you've put a lot of thought into this. You're still wrong, Aladdin.

When Roman won my fiancée's response.

"Yay, daddy Roman won. Good job."

My response

"Shut the fuck up and go to bed. This shit."

It's still real to me

Toki767

The main event last night was still so weird.

I remember in the early 90s they'd do those match restarts often where first the challenger wins by countout only to have the match restarted, then by DQ, then loses due to heel shenanigans.

It could've worked here. Except they acted like Reigns wasn't the heel in all this. Even commentary tried to make it sound like Reigns really earned his victory when he just lost twice in 20 minutes.

notworksafe

I want to see them get the belts, I just don't think they should take the belts directly from New Day. I'd rather see them beat a heel team for the belts. Also save Enzo/Cass v New Day for a big event down the line.

I agree. New Day and Enzo & Cass don't need to be fighting each other yet.

I expected Vaudevillains to win last night anyway but obviously not that way. With Enzo being okay I can see Vaudevillains going in on how Enzo & Cass can't stand with them, leading to a pretty good feud.

Kaladin

The main event last night was still so weird.

I remember in the early 90s they'd do those match restarts often where first the challenger wins by countout only to have the match restarted, then by DQ, then loses due to heel shenanigans.

It could've worked here. Except they acted like Reigns wasn't the heel in all this. Even commentary tried to make it sound like Reigns really earned his victory when he just lost twice in 20 minutes.

The heel / face dynamic was odd in that match. Roman kind of played the heel to AJ's babyface up to the Gallows and Anderson interferance which changed the dynamic a bit and it became closer to two babyfaces with support duking it out to a finish.

Shiv47

Going to the ROH/NJPW show next Monday here in the Detroit area. They finally announced the card:

MAIN EVENT
MOTOR CITY MACHINE GUNS vs THE BRISCOES

ROH World Champion - JAY LETHAL & IWGP Heavyweight Champion TETSUYA NAITO vs reDRagon

NON TITLE
ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS - WAR MACHINE vs KAZUCHIKA OKADA & GEDO

NON TITLE
ROH WORLD TV CHAMPION - TOMOHIRO ISHII vs MOOSE w/ STOKELY HATHAWAY

NON TITLE
IWGP JR HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION - KUSHIDA vs DALTON CASTLE w/ the Boys

JUSHIN "THUNDER" LIGER vs "MR ROH" RODERICK STRONG

HIROSHI TANAHASHI & MICHAEL ELGIN vs ALL NIGHT EXPRESS

REBORN MATT SYDAL & ACH vs SILAS YOUNG & BEER CITY BRUISER

all signed to appear
IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS - THE GUERRILLAS of DESTINY
THE YOUNG BUCKS
and More!

Looking forward to seeing the NJPW guys live.

Kurita

I swear the announcer before Charlotte vs Natalya said "2 times Hall of Famer, Ric Flair"

Oh, I guess he is. Nvm

RBH

ChdpdUaU8AEEBEO.jpg:large

Nekofrog

Banned
My memory fails me right now, but has there ever been a winner with the most falls in a time limit match where one guy has said fuck it, gets a chair and racks up a bunch of DQ falls against himself with repeated chair shots? Because that's be cool. Especially if afterwards he threw the chair aside and covered the now murdered opponent +1 number in times in a row, one after the other, to come out ahead in falls. I always thought this was a neat idea.

It's one of the most original gimmicks in some time. Far better than another Breeze/Ziggler or Crews type gimmick.

Just because it's original doesn't mean it's good. It's a horrible gimmick that causes the crowd to instantly go silent the moment their music hits. It's something out of 1994 WWF that would have failed back then.

Kaladin

There were some amazing counters on both sides in that main event.

Whoever the ring agent was for that deserves a bonus check.

Just because it's original doesn't mean it's good. It's a horrible gimmick that causes the crowd to instantly go silent the moment their music hits. It's something out of 1994 WWF that would have failed back then.

Honestly I think the weak music and entrance is a big problem with them. It's just too weak, needs to be redone. The whole angle itself is OK, they could use more time on the mic.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
Watching Bret apply the sharpshooter was still the worst moment last evening. Let's not all kid ourselves.

I tried to justify it that maybe he was trying to go easy on Flair since he's a pretty old man, but yeah it made me sad to see him have trouble locking on the sharpshooter.

My memory fails me right now, but has there ever been a winner with the most falls in a time limit match where one guy has said fuck it, gets a chair and racks up a bunch of DQ falls against himself with repeated chair shots? Because that's be cool. Especially if afterwards he threw the chair aside and covered the now murdered opponent +1 number in times in a row, one after the other, to come out ahead in falls. I always thought this was a neat idea.

Yes there has. I wanna say it was Batista who did it, or maybe even Austin, but I also can't remember.

DMczaf

There were some amazing counters on both sides in that main event.

Whoever the ring agent was for that deserves a bonus check.

It also took great timing from both guys.

This is what happens when AJ works with someone that isn't slow as fuck

Toki767

Not repeated DQs, but getting yourself DQed in an Iron Man match to then get a bunch of pinfalls later has been done before. I believe Brock did it with Kurt before.

Sanjuro

I tried to justify it that maybe he was trying to go easy on Flair since he's a pretty old man, but yeah it made me sad to see him have trouble locking on the sharpshooter.

They are about ten years apart. Flair can still go. He was selling and doing his best to make Bret look legit.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Not repeated DQs, but getting yourself DQed in an Iron Man match to then get a bunch of pinfalls later has been done before. I believe Brock did it with Kurt before.

Not a repeated DQ either, but pretty sure ADR did that in a best of 3 falls match vs. Kalisto(?).

Hit him with a chair, got a DQ and then pinned him to tie it up.

Pizoxuat

I'm as impressed as hell with AJ. I have no TNA exposure and knew nothing about him going in, but the tiny dad with the goofy promo voice has totally won me over.

Sanjuro

You mean the choice to put him out there or the act itself? If the latter, shiting on people who endured circumstances (cancer) outside their control is absurd.

Bret looked like this prior to cancer as well. He just looked like he came to collect his paycheck.

Honestly, he looked better last night than in some time. I'm guessing weight loss and rehab. I like seeing him. Just weird when they force feed some kind of action to happen.

Top Bottom