• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

What kind of nickname is The Architect?

MC Safety

Is this the Matadores' second or third repackaging?

I'm not sure being from Puerto Rico qualifies as a wrestling gimmick, by the way.

bjork

I don't hate Stephanie; in fact, I like her.

I think, generally speaking, people who write memoirs are narcissistic. It's just a money grabbing scheme. I don't lay in bed tossing and turning going "Shit, will Steph ever write a book with answers to some of life's mysteries."

If someone would give me money to write my story, I'd get to it immediately.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't hate Stephanie; in fact, I like her.

I think, generally speaking, people who write memoirs are narcissistic. It's just a money grabbing scheme. I don't lay in bed tossing and turning going "Shit, will Steph ever write a book with answers to some of life's mysteries."

I kind of figured this kind of shit was coming when they hired Steph her own PR rep, which is random as fuck given that Steph is in an executive level position that is basically "PR Rep."

"Lady Balls" is clearly a pivot for Becky Lynch. She'll come out doing her Irish jig and they'll have gimmicked balls pop out as a worked shoot. This will be WWE's attempt at capitalizing on the misfortune of trans people in the South.

"Lady Balls" is clearly a pivot for Becky Lynch. She'll come out doing her Irish jig and they'll have gimmicked balls pop out as a worked shoot. This will be WWE's attempt at capitalizing on the misfortune of trans people in the South.

At last, the attitude era is back and it's everything we hoped for.

Rhyno said:
[Rhino is] a lot more marketable than Terrance Guido Gerin. But Guido’s actually pretty over. It’s better than Mary. Actually WWE wanted to name me Mary, believe it or not.

WWE wanted to call Rhyno Mary

Claims of projection: the easy out.

We'll keep an eye on you from now on.

Shameful behavior from him. Guess I'll keep him blocked

enewtabie

How do you find Live event attendance for WWE? They had a show in Raleigh this weekend and the pictures I saw looked like there was no one there except for the fans around the ring area.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I mean, Del Rio dating a chav 15 years younger than him is funny, but that's all it is.

I don't blame him for being into attractive women, and if they're willing to date him, good for him.

Zach

I want to know who came up with "The Big Nasty" for Big Show and who decided weeks later "nah, that's ridiculous. Let's go with Big Show."

daemissary

Portland NXT house show was incredibly fun, and the crowd was really hyped throughout.

Matches:
  • No Way Jose vs. Murphy: NWJ got one of the largest pops of the night, largely due to his entrance theme, which may be the best tune in all of NXT right now.
  • Nia Jax vs. Bayley: In addition to Go Proing her entrance, as mentioned a few pages back, Bayley did her usual entrance with hugs and handing merch to the girls in the crowd, and it was incredible to see live. She's an amazing opportunity for the WWE. Match itself was OK, but Jax is just awful.
  • Austin Aries vs. Mojo Rawley: Bland vs. Bland, and the crowd just despised Rawley. Why is Aries on NXT again?
  • American Alpha vs. The Revival: Match of the night. Just incredible. Both teams are just hot fire, and so fun to watch.
  • Shinsuke Nakamura vs. The Grifter in the largest waste of a match of the night. Samson is just horrendous, and was getting atomic heat from the crowd. 60% of the match was headlocks, with Nak's signature knees and kicks at the end to finish the match. Feels like a waste of Nakamura, although he has tons of charisma live. And that entrance is glorious.
  • Alexa Bliss vs. Asuka: Really fun match, and Bliss has improved so much. Asuka is massively over.
  • Samoa Joe vs. Finn Balor: Great brutal match on both sides, with a tease of a Muscle Buster than Balor escaped. Roll-up finish that led Balor to attack Joe repeatedly after the match, which ultimately brought out a whole bunch of officials, Regal, and the whole men's roster to seperate them several times. You can watch the whole thing at https://youtu.be/iX3lCP9L97Q

Just an excellent time, and I believe all three Pacific Northwest shows sold out, so I hope that means they'll come back again regularly. What a treat.

You were sitting pretty close to me, I was 4th row on that same side of the ring but other side of the row.

I thought Aries/Mojo was surprisingly good. Mostly because of the excellent sequence at the beginning of the match where Mojo took off his shirt and wouldn't throw it into the audience because he was getting nuclear heat so Aries stole it and threw it into the crowd. Then the crowd threw it back in the ring so Aries picked it up and used it as a snot rag. It was great and the most personality I've seen Aries show in years.

I also gained a new appreciation for the Revival live. They also had way more personality than shows on tv.

Angry Grimace

Good thing Dana Brooke got introduced so maybe they can quietly shuffle it into a Dana-Becky feud now without it being too awkward.

I was guessing that the plan was to do a tag match with Paige since Paige's roll-up of Charlotte practically guaranteed she was getting an angle. I'm not really sure why Becky is continuing to get angles while Sasha is basically off-television.

I was guessing that the plan was to do a tag match with Paige since Paige's roll-up of Charlotte practically guaranteed she was getting an angle. I'm not really sure why Becky is continuing to get angles while Sasha is basically off-television.
I get the feeling they don't want to make Sasha look weak by losing since it's likely she is getting the belt around Summerslam. It's a bizarre form of protecting her, but they could give her the occasional match or something with no angle attached. Becky will likely get the inevitable win in this feud at the PPV match, but she's losing matches in this feud more than she's winning them on Raw or Smackdown.

Angry Grimace

I get the feeling they don't want to make Sasha look weak by losing since it's likely she is getting the belt around Summerslam. It's a bizarre form of protecting her, but they could give her the occasional match or something with no angle attached. Becky will likely get the inevitable win in this feud at the PPV match, but she's losing matches in this feud more than she's winning them on Raw or Smackdown.

That's because Becky's main roster character is and always was booked as a Bayley-like underdog. I wouldn't be surprised in the least to learn that Vince's plan is to basically give the underdog character to Becky over Bayley simply because Becky is more conventionally attractive.

It would be unfortunate, but exactly what I would expect out of Vince.

Mostly because of the excellent sequence at the beginning of the match where Mojo took off his shirt and wouldn't throw it into the audience because he was getting nuclear heat so Aries stole it and threw it into the crowd. Then the crowd threw it back in the ring so Aries picked it up and used it as a snot rag. It was great and the most personality I've seen Aries show in years.

You're right. That was legitimately funny.

was this a shoot or a work?

kojiu3xy6.gif

Work. Kojima was playing the role of the traitor who'd turned his back on New Japan (when in reality he had just been fleeing Inoki's idiocy) and returned as the Triple Crown champion, defeating his estranged tag partner Tenzan for the IWGP title and then throwing it away to provoke a challenge from Nakamura and generally just be a dick.

I elect Joe Coffey

K7eb4XS.jpg

and Rampage Brown

Rampage%20BrownRampers.png

Good call on both of them, I saw them batter the shit out of each other at the last PROGRESS show - I was three rows back and still almost got squashed!

Isn't that WWE Hall of Famer "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes?

:|

Top Bottom