• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Recall

was this a shoot or a work?

kojiu3xy6.gif

Considering the match was supposed to end in a time limit draw and that Kojima was punished something fierce after it all, I say shoot.

Tenzan was repremanded also for his lack of preperation, though it was exhaustion that forced the match to end the way it was. Tenryu was fucking furious at Kojima too for throwing the belt.

Zach

In celebration of Pet Sounds' 50th anniversary...

FAVE FIVE ALBUMS (no order; impossible enough as it is)

Pet Sounds by The Beach Boys
Kid A by Radiohead
Blonde on Blonde by Bob Dylan
London Calling by The Clash
Against Me! as the Eternal Cowboy

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Minoru Suzuki at this point probably has the longest life span of being interesting as a wrestler. He's pretty much been the same character the entire time, but I never get sick of him.
8o2AL6B.gif

Kaladin

Kid A by Radiohead

Fave Five Albums? This changes with the wind....

Right now, in no order....

Waylon Jennings - Dreaming My Dreams
Hank Williams III - Straight To Hell
Johnny Cash - At Folsom Prison
Sturgill Simpson - Metamodern Sounds In Country Music
Chris Stapleton - Traveller

bjork

This waterbed is going to be the death of me. I've gotten water all over the fucking place. It's draining now, finally.

Kid A by Radiohead

In no order:
Take Five - Dave Brubeck Quartet
Gling Glo - Bjork
Overdose - Pizzicato Five
Rain Dogs - Tom Waits
Return to the 36 Chambers - Ol Dirty Bastard

I think Suzuki's staying power is down to two things; firstly, he's got an aura about him, he carries himself like a badass and that's rarely ever wavered throughout his time in wrestling and, secondly, he's just so smooth in the ring. I'll never fail to pop for that little drop-down and slide on one knee he does to counter perfectly into a sleeper.

Considering the match was supposed to end in a time limit draw and that Kojima was punished something fierce after it all, I say shoot.

Tenzan was repremanded also for his lack of preperation, though it was exhaustion that forced the match to end the way it was.

Tenzan's back injury recurred half way through the match, I'd guess that if indeed it wasn't supposed to end that way that Kojima & Tenzan called an audible. Kojima throwing the belt certainly created a different sort of reaction compared to the reaction Naito got for doing the same thing 11 years later!

Kurita

Kid A by Radiohead
Only 5? Ugh, that's impossible.

Eleven Fire Crackers by Ellegarden
Niche Syndrome by One Ok Rock
Silver Sun by Nothing's Carved In Stone
Time by Kana-Boon
Keeper of the Flame by the Hiatus

I guess.

Zach

This waterbed is going to be the death of me. I've gotten water all over the fucking place. It's draining now, finally.

In no order:
Take Five - Dave Brubeck Quartet
Gling Glo - Bjork
Overdose - Pizzicato Five
Rain Dogs - Tom Waits
Return to the 36 Chambers - Ol Dirty Bastard
"Hang Down Your Head" is one of my go-to songs to play when I'm rocking that acoustic, daddeh.

And while I'm no jazz aficionado, I like Take Five, but my coworker who has his master's in jazz studies or some crap from the University of Miami claims it's jazz for babbies -- how do you respond?!

Kid A by Radiohead

Jesus christ. I don't even know where to begin. I guess I'll just do

5 Albums I Love (no order obviously)
My Chemical Romance - Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge
Screaming Females - Rose Mountain
PWR BTTM - Ugly Cherries
Queens of the Stone Age - Rated R
Epik High - Shoebox

Zach

Waylon Jennings - Dreaming My Dreams
I'll check this out soon.
Only 5? Ugh, that's impossible.

Eleven Fire Crackers by Ellegarden
Niche Syndrome by One Ok Rock
Silver Sun by Nothing's Carved In Stone
Time by Kana-Boon
Keeper of the Flame by the Hiatus

I guess.
Not cool enough to know any of this.
Jesus christ. I don't even know where to begin. I guess I'll just do

5 Albums I Love (no order obviously)
My Chemical Romance - Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge
Screaming Females - Rose Mountain
PWR BTTM - Ugly Cherries
Queens of the Stone Age - Rated R
Epik High - Shoebox
I remember listening to Screaming Females after you guys were chatting about it in here. I remember liking 'em. Maybe I'll give it another go soon to see if it really stays with me.

Browny

Banned
Fave five albums:

Jeff Buckley - Grace
Metallica - Metallica
Sting - Ten Summoner's Tales
Sikth - Death Of A Dead Day
Aimee Mann - I'm With Stupid

bjork

"Hang Down Your Head" is one of my go-to songs to play when I'm rocking that acoustic, daddeh.

And while I'm no jazz aficionado, I like Take Five, but my coworker who has his master's in jazz studies or some crap from the University of Miami claims it's jazz for babbies -- how do you respond?!

Tell him I like Monk and Coltrane and all that stuff, and once got dressed down by a black dude for daring to wear a Miles Davis t-shirt in public, I guess? I don't look for some challenging complexity in my music, I just want something that sounds a way I enjoy. If I wanted a challenge, I'd go play sudoku or some shit.

Zach

Fave five albums:

Jeff Buckley - Grace
Metallica - Metallica
Sting - Ten Summoner's Tales
Sikth - Death Of A Dead Day
Aimee Mann - I'm With Stupid
I was just listening to Grace a couple days ago at work. :O

Maybe I'll finally check out Aimee Mann...
Tell him I like Monk and Coltrane and all that stuff, and once got dressed down by a black dude for daring to wear a Miles Davis t-shirt in public, I guess? I don't look for some challenging complexity in my music, I just want something that sounds a way I enjoy. If I wanted a challenge, I'd go play sudoku or some shit.
He didn't say it in response to your post. Haha. I happened to be listening to it one day and he turned his nose up. I'm used to that, though. I listen to all kinds of crap at work. Punk rock and that time I was trying out Taylor Swift have received the most negative reactions. >_>

Oh, Tom Waits and Joanna Newsom are also frowned on by basically everyone.

Bronx-Man

Banned
5 Albums? Time for my music snobbery to shine.

5. Radiohead - A Moon-Shaped Pool
4. Tame Impala - Currents
3. Flying Lotus - You're Dead
2. Death Grips - Bottomless Pit
1. Kanye West - 808's & Heartbreak

And these are just the ones I've been putting on repeat for the past 2 weeks. I could go for days about the albums I've been in love with for the past year.

Zach

5 Albums? Time for my music snobbery to shine.

5. Radiohead - A Moon-Shaped Pool
4. Tame Impala - Currents
3. Flying Lotus - You're Dead
2. Death Grips - Bottomless Pit
1. Kanye West - 808's & Heartbreak

And these are just the ones I've been putting on repeat for the past 2 weeks. I could go for days about the albums I've been in love with for the past year.
I looove 808s. Can't say it's better than Late Registration, but whatevz.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I ain't got a list of no favorite albums. That's impossible. There are perfect albums, though. Not necessarily my faves, but ones that are perfect.

Stone Temple Pilots - Purple
Type O Negative - October Rust
The Cure - Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me
Depeche Mode - Violator
Madonna - True Blue

That's five perfect albums there, and there's a few more I know of that I wouldn't change for the world.

Recall

Tenzan's back injury recurred half way through the match, I'd guess that if indeed it wasn't supposed to end that way that Kojima & Tenzan called an audible. Kojima throwing the belt certainly created a different sort of reaction compared to the reaction Naito got for doing the same thing 11 years later!

Naito is a NJPW talent, at the time Kojima was AJPW, an invader threw the belt down. Maybe it had more impact considering all the confusion over the finish and the big implications over a NJPW vs AJPW feud. It was supposed to be a money match first time ever, the fact a clear winner happaned must have angered a lot of people but the media buzz and attention maybe helped afterall.

Zach

I ain't got a list of no favorite albums. That's impossible. There are perfect albums, though. Not necessarily my faves, but ones that are perfect.

Stone Temple Pilots - Purple
Type O Negative - October Rust
The Cure - Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me
Depeche Mode - Violator
Madonna - True Blue

That's five perfect albums there, and there's a few more I know of that I wouldn't change for the world.
You're basically this dude I used to work with 10 years ago at the ol' Game Xchange. You will now be known as Lucas, Lucas.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You're basically this dude I used to work with 10 years ago at the ol' Game Xchange. You will now be known as Lucas, Lucas.

Ew. GameXchange. Which one were you at?

Scottify

Fave Five albums, these are albums I can listen to the whole thing over and over and over.

1) Metallica -- Master of Puppets
2) Joe Satriani -- Flying In A Blue Dream
3) Miles Davis -- Kind Of Blue
4) Grateful Dead -- Live/Dead
5) Blind Guardian -- Nightfall In Middle-Earth

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, well that explains it. Whatever does it for you, though, Kurita-san.

I always read "Kurita-san" in Ryo Hazuki's voice. And I think about it every time zhe posts.

I can't do a fave five albums, that's crazy talk. There's too much good music, ffs....fuck it, let's just say;

. Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
. Bob Marley - Burnin'
. Iron Maiden - Somewhere in Time
. Ulver - Shadows of the Sun
. Thin Lizzy - Vagabonds of the Western World

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Somewhere in Time? It's good, but definitely not the penultimate Maiden album in my eyes. I don't even think its on my favorite five Maiden albums. Mostly because I can't stand Heaven Can Wait.

Zach

I always read "Kurita-san" in Ryo Hazuki's voice. And I think about it every time zhe posts.
Did I inadvertently make a Shenmue reference?! That's the game Ryo Hazuki's from, right?

Fun fact: I foolishly backed that Shenmue III Kickstarter having never played the Shenmue games. >_>
I can't do a fave five albums, that's crazy talk. There's too much good music, ffs....fuck it, let's just say;

. Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
. Bob Marley - Burnin'
. Iron Maiden - Somewhere in Time
. Ulver - Shadows of the Sun
. Thin Lizzy - Vagabonds of the Western World
You ever heard that sweet "Cowboy Song" cover by the Supersuckers? It's pretty bad a.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You'd have to go by decades. Because there's tons of stuff from each decade that I like for entirely different reasons.

Like I love Pet Shop Boys Please and Wham's Make It Big, but I don't think I'd say they're better than say Refused's Shape of Punk

Somewhere in Time? It's good, but definitely not the penultimate Maiden album in my eyes. I don't even think its on my favorite five Maiden albums. Mostly because I can't stand Heaven Can Wait.

That's like the one bad song! Deja-vu's a bit shit as well, I guess, but Caught Somewhere in Time, Wasted Years, Sea of Madness and Stranger in a Strange Land are killer Maiden songs - I love Alexander The Great as well.

I go back and forth on my favourite Maiden album, but it's almost certainly always one of: Powerslave, Somewhere in Time & Seventh Son. I also seem to love Brave New World an inordinate amount as well, can't think of many return to forms as good as that one.

Recall

The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me - Brand New
36 Chambers - Wu Tang Clan
Bad - Michael Jackson
One by One - Foo Fighters
(What's the Story) Morning Glory - Oasis

My taste in music hasnt evolved, its a bit more mainstream than most but my choices stand out to me ever so strongly as favourite albums.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Did I inadvertently make a Shenmue reference?! That's the game Ryo Hazuki's from, right?

Fun fact: I foolishly backed that Shenmue III Kickstarter having never played the Shenmue games. >_>

Yeah, a Shenmue reference! You should try Shenmue 1 or 2. They're really good BUT a product of their times. Very clunky. At the time the immersion was ridiculously good. It's still worth experiencing so you can make Shenmue jokes like looking for sailors. And the music in the Heart Bears bar is A+
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWYouVnsLCQ

You'd have to go by decades. Because there's tons of stuff from each decade that I like for entirely different reasons.

Decades is a good split. Also thought about "shit that was MY SHIT when I was 15-18" "20-25" etc

That's like the one bad song! Deja-vu's a bit shit as well, I guess, but Caught Somewhere in Time, Wasted Years, Sea of Madness and Stranger in a Strange Land are killer Maiden songs - I love Alexander The Great as well.

I go back and forth on my favourite Maiden album, but it's almost certainly always one of: Powerslave, Somewhere in Time & Seventh Son. I also seem to love Brave New World an inordinate amount as well, can't think of many return to forms as good as that one.

Seventh Son was pretty much my favorite, right next to their live album Live After Death. Seventh Son was a good concept album and holds up well. Live After Death is one of my faves because with headphones on and the lights out, you can imagine yourself there, and the energy is wonderful. Only better live album than that is Slayer's Decade of Aggression, which I did listen to at the young age of 14 and wanted to go SO BADLY. Eventually saw Slayer a few years later, and it was awesome.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Decades is a good split. Also thought about "shit that was MY SHIT when I was 15-18" "20-25" etc

Like I listen to Justified more than probably any album if you added it up over the years. Is Justified better than Disintegration or something else? Probably not. But it's an easier listen.

I will say I could never get into GNR, Zeppelin, Maiden, Beatles, or Rolling Stones though. Most of my big rock faves came from the 90s or the 80s punk scene

GZA - Liquid Swords
Outkast - Stankonia
MF DOOM - Operation: Doomsday
2Pac - Me Against The World
Wu Tang - 36 Chambers
Liquid swords, is underrated as hell. My first play through was about 6 years ago and I was wowed. Definitely up there up there with tical and cuban links imo.

Top Bottom