• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

bjork

Fave five obscure albums?

Leaf Hound - Freelance Fiend https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8bGgtU1bwA
Death Angel - The Ultraviolence https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t48ov0BvkX8
Flower Travellin Band - Satori https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxB55yaWG-I
The Big - Tears at the Dover https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqG-FLA2x-4
Five Knuckle - All Ages https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaOd0zcIlbs

They, The Undeserving by Giants
Shiver by Spiderworks
Hulaville by Chuck
Holidays in Europe by Kukl
In Harm's Way by Texas Vamps

no idea if any of that is on YT except Kukl.

Five is always hard to narrow it down to but here's a list

Napalm Death - From Enslavement To Obliteration
Vio-Lence - Oppressing The Masses
Samhain - Initium
Mercyful Fate - Melissa
Faith No More - Angel Dust

Toxik - Think This and Danzig - How The Gods Kill would be here but not enough SLOTS son

5 albums?

Dookie - Green Day
Los Angeles - X
36 Chambers - Wu-Tang Clan
Someone to Drive You Home - The Long Blondes
Elastica - Elastica

Hah, wow.

For what its worth, out of all the best thrash bands, the best to me is still Anthrax. There's a core there that never wavered, and I think they do thrash the best.

Nope, problem is they don't do enough. Staggered schedule makes you weak, keeps you from being in there every night.

Anthrax is the most fun for sure, but then again i never really got into stuff like Megadeth to begin with even though they're contemporaries

So is tonight the night ...

Seff comes back?

Fave Five albums of all Time (in no particular order):
  • Nine Inch Nails - The Fragile
  • David Bowie - Station to Station
  • Gorillaz - Demon Days
  • Lo-Fidelity Allstars - How to Operate a Blown Mind
  • The Velvet Underground - White Light/White Heat

So is tonight the night ...

Seff comes back?

Fave Five albums of all Time (in no particular order):
  • Nine Inch Nails - The Fragile
  • David Bowie - Station to Station
  • Gorillaz - Demon Days
  • Lo-Fidelity Allstars - How to Operate a Blown Mind
  • The Velvet Underground - White Light/White Heat
Lefty or righty?

Five is always hard to narrow it down to but here's a list

Napalm Death - From Enslavement To Obliteration
Vio-Lence - Oppressing The Masses
Samhain - Initium
Mercyful Fate - Melissa
Faith No More - Angel Dust

Toxik - Think This and Danzig - How The Gods Kill would be here but not enough SLOTS son

Dont you think Harmony Corruption is the best? I mean I get the gimmick that was enslavement, but as far as a real album?>

kirblar

Is Cody's new ring gear....Legend of Zelda pants?

CimucsdXAAIMPk7.jpg

bjork

Euro Truck Simulator 2 is like $9 on steam, but there's about a billion DLCs for it. Anyone here play it and have an opinion on it?

Lefty for lifey.
I'm a righty, left is too emotional for me. But I listen to left more because it's more explosive for gym time. I was going to perform la mer for my senior project but my bass instructor said I needed to start off lighter so I did "love is not enough".

Aiii

So not worth it
I just realized I still haven't seen the main event to Mania this year.

Given how I don't have a Network sub anymore I guess that won't be changing.

I am officially calling it, I am out guys, I made it, they can officially shove their shitty program where the sun won't shine. This feels like a personal victory, like I bodyslammed Andre The Giant in front of a sold out crowd of 140,000 at the Silverdome. Like I beat Hogan in my hometown after going on a 108-0 win streak. Like I just won the tag team titles in a 3-way TLC match at Mania. Fuck yeah and fuck WWE, I got the F out of that shit!

April 22 said:
When asked about giving away Raw results on the air, his explanation was, "Because I enjoy it. Yeah, that's another break the rules kind of thing. I'm out to kind of re-invent what wrestling is. If people want me to produce a wrestling show under the same rules, same guidelines, using the same formulas that have been done for years and years, then they're going to be really upset with me because I'm not going to do that. For wrestling to grow, for us to get the attention of the masses of bodies, I'm not talking about the hardcore obsessed fan out there, but I'm talking about the people that make up that 3.0 and 3.5 rating. for me to make this fun to watch, I've got to do things that are a little outside the box, so to speak. And one of the things I like to do is break rules. And if one of the rules is, `Don't ever acknowledge your competition, don't ever give away the results of a show that you're heads-up against,' then I'm going to break every rule."

When asked about sitting down with Vince McMahon to settle the feud, he said, "Vince McMahon is an egomaniacal punk. And Vince McMahon's ego would not allow him to sit down. First of all, Vince McMahon's ego won't ever allow him to admit that I'm the one who is kicking his (butt) every week. He's out there trying to paint this picture that Ted Turner is beating him up. Ted Turner has so many things he has to tend to. I don't think Vince McMahon's name flashes through Ted Turner's mind more than once a year or twice a year (Meltz note: even if that were the case at one point, that couldn't be the case now because those skits had to get Turner's attention in a big way weekly). Ted Turner doesn't make the day-to-day decisions about WCW. He hasn't hired anybody, hasn't negotiated any deals that I've negotiated over the last year-and-a-half, hasn't made any decisions that have really catapulted WCW to the position we're in right now. But Vince McMahon wants the world to believe that it's a battle between him and Ted turner. I guess he figures he can draw more sympathy by saying he gets beat up by Ted Turner than by realizing he gets beat up by Eric Bischoff. So, as long as his ego and his sense of reality is as contorted as it is, I don't ever see the opportunity to sit down and discuss."

As luck would have it, this appeared in the 4/14 Miami Herald and McMahon was in Boca Raton, FL that day and saw the article. McMahon in response through a company source said that he couldn't believe Bischoff said those things because he doesn't even know Bischoff and that the only time he believes he ever met him was years ago when Bischoff was in the office for an audition for a job as a TV announcer (which he didn't get). In another article, in response to McMahon's claim that WCW's steroid policy is absurd, Bischoff said, "That's very interesting coming out of a guy who uses his drug-testing procedure, apparently based on what we're hearing, with selective enforcement." The rest of Bischoff's quote wound up on the cutting room floor but he did point to the Razor Ramon coincidence.

In other news at the time, Hogan is legit insane. The billionaire Ted skits are getting to him and Macho, hence them beating a bunch of people in handicap matches. Booty and Hogan got booed out of Cleveland on the April 1st show and there was talk of him doing a heel turn.

There's a storm coming.

Menome

In celebration of Pet Sounds' 50th anniversary...

FAVE FIVE ALBUMS (no order; impossible enough as it is)

I actually have a set Top 20 albums that I rotate albums into as and when I decide they're good enough. The Top 5 has been consistent for years though:

Amnesiac by Radiohead
Origin of Symmetry by Muse
Floodland by The Sisters of Mercy
The Smell of Rain by Mortiis
Travelogue by The Human League

As for the rest, in no particular order:

The Suburbs by Arcade Fire
Total Strife Forever by East India Youth
This Is My Truth... by Manic Street Preacher
The Royal Society by Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster
Queen II by Queen

Dog Man Star by Suede
The Man Who Sold The World by David Bowie
Music For The Masses by Depeche Mode
The White Album by The Beatles
Two by Utah Saints

Fantasy Black Channel by Late Of The Pier
Never For Ever by Kate Bush
Misplaced Childhood by Marillion
Fear Of Music by Talking Heads
Disintegration by The Cure

Kaladin

I am officially calling it, I am out guys, I made it, they can officially shove their shitty program where the sun won't shine. This feels like a personal victory, like I bodyslammed Andre The Giant in front of a sold out crowd of 140,000 at the Silverdome. Like I beat Hogan in my hometown after going on a 108-0 win streak. Like I just won the tag team titles in a 3-way TLC match at Mania. Fuck yeah and fuck WWE, I got the F out of that shit!

But The Bloodline vs The Club is actually decent

As someone who watched all the Mania main events in prep for this year's show... It's easily a shit tier main event. One of the worst.

Now start watching Nitro.

Also on the WWF side

WrestleMania 12 said:
The original plan for the Ultimate Warrior-Helmsley match was to be more competitive but Warrior reportedly vehemently refused to do anything that would help Helmsley.

Lol

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
emma injured now too

WWE.com has learned that Superstar Emma suffered a back injured last Sunday night during a WWE live event and is currently undergoing tests to determine the extent of her injuries.

Please check back with WWE.com for more details as they become available.

Proud of you

Never thought that I would ever agree with Warrior.

No, fuck that and fuck Warrior. Him doing that was likely HHH's intro to Politics. Think of all the shit that doesn't happen, and how much better things become, if HHH isn't squashed like that

Proud of you

No, fuck that and fuck Warrior. Him doing that was likely HHH's intro to Politics. Think of all the shit that doesn't happen, and how much better things become, if HHH isn't squashed like that

I'm pretty sure hanging out with the Kliq did that

It's also interesting to read the live report of the Iron Man match at 12. Crowd wasn't having any of that shit, but to this day WWE hails it as something special.

Aiii

So not worth it
But The Bloodline vs The Club is actually decent

I legit do not care anymore. Jokes aside, I have simply stopped caring about anything going on in WWE. I know it won't deliver. I know it won't go anywhere. Everyone will look back on this in a few months and see another failed storyline, another wasted opportunity. Whatever this storyline is, I give no shits, just none at all. I'm good. Plenty of entertainment around to keep me satisfied and doesn't consistently suck to occupy my time.

Zach

After getting stuck on Super Metroid, I fired up the Metroid Prime Trilogy thing I bought on Wii U. I have to use motion controls, I guess. And now I'm nauseated. It's been a long, long time since a game's given me motion sickness.

I legit do not care anymore. Jokes aside, I have simply stopped caring about anything going on in WWE. I know it won't deliver. I know it won't go anywhere. Everyone will look back on this in a few months and see another failed storyline, another wasted opportunity. Whatever this storyline is, I give no shits, just none at all. I'm good. Plenty of entertainment around to keep me satisfied and doesn't consistently suck to occupy my time.

The words of an enlightened man.

It's really amusing that someone would use a storyline featuring the fucking Usos as a way to get someone to watch.

somedevil

The words of an enlightened man.

It's really amusing that someone would use a storyline featuring the fucking Usos as a way to get someone to watch.

The storyline is actually good so far. If you looked outside this forum the storyline has been praised by a lot of people who cover WWE.

The crowd was going nutz last week and Reigns actually got cheers.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Rescue 911 episodes and UWF-i vs NJPW matches

It's like my life just instantly resumed what it was before I was working again.

Top Bottom