• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

2016-05-02-whos-running-smackdown.jpg

2016-04-29-wwe-is-world.jpg

2016-04-27-club-not-named.jpg
Not a clockwork Orange! Lol

He looked impressive. It probably opened a lot of eyes for fans that have not seen his previous work.

It's Yukes. It would probably play like garbage and be soulless.
I think they over think these games. They don't even have to think for this. Just make it loose and fun.

Toki767

So how did AJ styles do in his first WWE main event ? Will fans that don't know much about him see why a lot of people think hes one of if not the best wrestler in the world.

He practically wrestled circles around Reigns and did 80-90% of the match.

And he made Reigns look strong while making himself look like a million dollars.

I've seen some clips of the main event, that forearm to the outside looked fantastic.

From the writeups the match was an overbooked mess though, I guess they're going to push the fact AJ won 2-1 on the night?

XenoRaven

I'm reasonably certain AJ can work well with anybody. The match just has to be booked to play to his and his opponent's strengths. I think the reason those Jericho matches weren't that great was because Jericho was still trying to wrestle as a Cruiserweight, when he's way past his shelf life on that front. If they reinforced his cunning, strategy, and rule-bending, I think the matches would have been better.

The AJ/Roman match worked because each guy was booked to their strengths. AJ's athleticism and technique were highlighted, as was Roman's power.

Kaladin

#ShootMonday

You would think a drink stuck in the holding area of a vending machine with the door of said machine opening back and forth only about 1cm repeatedly would be enough to clue people in that said machine is broken.

It sadly is not.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Let's face facts here. The WWE CHAMPION carried some vanilla midget nobody to a ten star classic last night yet some intertron yokels are trying to give that redneck all the credit?

Let's face facts here. The WWE CHAMPION carried some vanilla midget nobody to a ten star classic last night yet some intertron yokels are trying to give that redneck all the credit?

It's such a shame. They're still not over Bryan. They had to get him AND Seth physically killed, and now they're getting Styles and Dean mentally killed. For what???? #OneMan ??

Reigns/AJ was pretty much Luger/Perfect II. Perfect did all the work, wrestling around the ring while Luger stood in the middle of the ring and just won with his shitty finish.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Reigns/AJ was pretty much Luger/Perfect II. Perfect did all the work, wrestling around the ring while Luger stood in the middle of the ring and just won with his shitty finish.

One person was getting booed all night and had fans chanting You Can't Wrestle at them early on in the fight. The other is a THREE TIME WORLD CHAMPION. Facts don't lie.

One person was getting booed all night and had fans chanting You Can't Wrestle at them early on in the fight. The other is a THREE TIME WORLD CHAMPION. Facts don't lie.

Yep. I'm even surprised at Dave

Meltzer said:
The whole thing is that they want him to be the guy that does charity work. So the new gimmick is that everyone loves to boo him, they really like him, but they love to boo him. I am not saying it is true, in fact this is absolutely not true, but that is how they are attempting to position the fact that people are booing him. The positioning is not that "oh, he didn't get over", the positioning is that "oh, everyone is having so much fun booing him", because we like to boo him. That is what they are trying to potray.

Why wouldn't people love to boo him? They love to cheer him, they love to boo him. The people love Roman Reigns, and you can't teach that

jmdajr

“It’s time for Hulk Hogan to take responsibility for his own words, because the only person who got Hulk Hogan fired from the WWE is Hulk Hogan.”

Translation.

FlairBeg gif.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Why wouldn't people love to boo him? They love to cheer him, they love to boo him. The people love Roman Reigns, and you can't teach that

Reigns' failure to improve in the last 2 years of being the best wrestler in kayfabe suggests very strongly that there are in fact things you can't teach.

I guess I just tune out the commentary to the point I haven't really noticed them even playing off the boos. Seems like they just ignore it.

Reigns' failure to improve in the last 2 years of being the best wrestler in kayfabe suggests very strongly that there are in fact things you can't teach.

I guess I just tune out the commentary to the point I haven't really noticed them even playing off the boos. Seems like they just ignore it.

He's clearly improved in the last two years.

He's clearly not remotely their best worker, but he has absolutely come a long way. If you think his earliest singles matches and promos are on par with what he is doing now, you are just flat out deluding yourself.

I'm 30 minutes into A Clockwork Orange and it's been more coherent than the past 10 years of WWE television.

Is it meant to be incoherent and hard to understand? I never felt that way about it. It's a pretty straight forwards story, that has a sprinkling of made up slang. It's no Lost Highway.

Fox318

Is that not Bobby Jindal in your avatar? I am so confused. Quote the avatar bet or something.

Its no bet. The bucs drafted a kicker in the 2nd. Something that nearly every football expert and fan would pan regardless of the talent or need at the position.

somebody in the NFL thread made the avatar so I picked it up for a bit.

w5QRjH2l.jpg

Zach

Its no bet. The bucs drafted a kicker in the 2nd. Something that nearly every football expert and fan would pan regardless of the talent of need at the position.

somebody in the NFL thread made the avatar so I picked it up for a bit.

w5QRjH2l.jpg

Oooh.

UberTag

Meltzer said:
The whole thing is that they want him to be the guy that does charity work. So the new gimmick is that everyone loves to boo him, they really like him, but they love to boo him. I am not saying it is true, in fact this is absolutely not true, but that is how they are attempting to position the fact that people are booing him. The positioning is not that "oh, he didn't get over", the positioning is that "oh, everyone is having so much fun booing him", because we like to boo him. That is what they are trying to portray.
Fans need to change their game up then. Unleash the BORING chant at Roman. Chant "we hate Roman". Chant "go away". Chant "Roman's napping" whenever he's taking one of his many mid-match rest spots. Turn away from the ring. Walk out of the arena whenever Roman wrestles.

Because, apparently, they've been outsmarted by Vince and company once again and "booing Roman" is how one shows appreciation for him and the fans LOVE doing it and that's why they're coming out to WWE events. Not for anyone else. But for their champion... Roman Reigns... that they love and revere and boo their little hearts out for. That is the new narrative.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The solution to someone in the main event that you don't care about is to do nothing during their matches. Cena himself even said, multiple times, 'as long as you're reacting because a quiet crowd is what kills you.'

But because we live in the era of ECW crowds, Full Sail, Smarky chants that need to get over and NEED to be heard, and Europeans singing. That will never ever happen again. People in the crowds love to hear their own voice.

Is there anything I need to watch in road to dontaku before watching dontaku?

Omega vs. Elgin for the IC title is really good, plus check out the Elimination match main events from the Korakuen shows. If you have time, the various tag matches between KUSHIDA/Shibata vs. Liger/Nagata are pretty fun.

You can skip Tanahashi vs. Fale.

Zach

Sit on your hands, boys. I'm gonna sit on mine and NeoGAF Vince McMahon's during the Eva Marie match this Saturday.

Fox318

Fans need to change their game up then. Unleash the BORING chant at Roman. Chant "we hate Roman". Chant "go away". Chant "Roman's napping" whenever he's taking one of his many mid-match rest spots. Turn away from the ring. Walk out of the arena whenever Roman wrestles.

Because, apparently, they've been outsmarted by Vince and company once again and "booing Roman" is how one shows appreciation for him and the fans LOVE doing it and that's why they're coming out to WWE events. Not for anyone else. But for their champion... Roman Reigns... that they love and revere and boo their little hearts out for. That is the new narrative.

READ THE BOOK AT HIM

5cW5uNW.jpg

BroBot

They seriously need to do to Roman the same thing that was done to Punk. Give him a mic and tell him he can say anything he wants. See how it goes.

Top Bottom